[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17
File: 57665465657.jpg (2 MB, 2616x1528) Image search: [Google]
57665465657.jpg
2 MB, 2616x1528
Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better foir Essentials games)

IRC channel: #romhacking @ irc.rizon.net
>>
>>26568862
>May's losing animation
HHHHHHHNNNNN
>>
>>26547299
if this anon still needs help, just message the guy on youtube that made the tutorial. he responded to my message a couple months ago. i couldn't find pokedspic platinum and he sent me a link to it. i'd imagine that he's still responsive to messages.
>>
>>26569317
Are you sure? Youtubers dont usually do that.
>>
>>26568862
A hack where you merge may's arm and hair? Pretty weird but ok
>>
What's easier to work with, sprites or models?
>>
>>26569354
yeah, infact, I just messaged him again, and he told me he put a comment on the video with his email in it. email is probably better because youtubes message system is horrible.
>>
>>26569629
How nice of him!
You know ive been wanting to get into this but Ive always run into problem along the way. Thanks
>>
>>26569455
For me its sprites but probably because ove worked with them longer. Havent really tried models yet. I assume theyre harder though
>>
>>26568862
Reminder that I'm gonna have the objectively best version of OR/AS once my hack is finished
>>
Since hacking in new mega evolutions is possible, has anyone made an XY hack that has all of the ORAS mega evolutions in it?
>>
Kinda new to the hacking scene. Do all hacks go away once you update your game?
>>
File: progress.png (2 MB, 3953x2752) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
2 MB, 3953x2752
Posting mapping progress of my region so far.

Filler routes are basically just there so the player may surf around the map, should they feel like it (although they're not completely useless in that they may have some easter eggs or perhaps rarer Pokémon).

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>26569455
Anybody can work with sprites as long as you have Paint. They might not be GOOD but you can still recolor or splice or whatever. Much harder to make your own from scratch though.

Models you need some extra software, and making your own and animations from scratch is really extreme. If you have Photoshop, you can just use adjustment layers to tweak textures if that's what you want to do. Actually messing with the model or its bones is going to be harder.
>>
File: FURY.png (752 KB, 1500x846) Image search: [Google]
FURY.png
752 KB, 1500x846
>TFW this fucking close to going to essentials

Why is romhacking so fucking hard? Seriously. Every tool is either completely incomprehensible or painfully limited.
>>
>>26570961
Comfy what kinda pokes are in the region?
>>
>>26570961
Looks good (though personally I'd create a lower elevation area for the dock in the bottom right, if that's not planned as part of the WIP.)

My only question would be about the forest near the bottom. I'm spotting I think 4 entrances, (in the areas bottom middle, the one above it and the two in the bottom left) of which only one is blocked in any way (by the tree that needs to be cut in the bottom middle).
Does that entrance lead to a different part of the forest, or is there another reason for why it's blocked off until the player gets Cut?
>>
>>26571123
Just use Essentials. It's easy as piss to learn.

Or better yet, make a game from scratch using RPG Maker.
>>
>>26571350
Thank you, great idea about the bottom-right dock, I might make a lower-section bridge connected by stairs. (I'm not sure whether that's what you meant or not, but that's the kind of idea I got).

Access through and to the forest is a little bit weird, and honestly I haven't ironed out all the details yet, (as it really won't be fully accessible until before the final gym).

Starting from the bottom left, that section will most likely be completely separate (but maybe connected to the rest of the forest through Cut), as it will be connected to an event that will ultimately allow the player to take the ferry to the third town, and the first gym in the game.

The entrance above will let the player get access to a section of the forest that's going to be blocked by ledges (and probably also Cut). It's mostly there to let the player catch some Pokémon that are in the forest.

The entrance above that one I might actually remove, as I seem to have forgotten and not written down my original intention for it.

The one behind the cut-three will go through the entire forest. I kind of just put it in the first route to add to the feeling that routes might be worth exploring.
>>
>>26571334
I haven't made a regional Pokédex yet (maybe I won't, seeing as the region ultimately will be quite big if I stick to my original plan). However, I really love the gen 1 and 2 Pokémon (3 too, to some extent), so I'll probably be really biased when adding them.

I've only yet made encounters for the first two routes, and they'll have Pokémon such as Sentret and Pidgey. I also have added rarer Pokémon like Ledyba (morning), Jigglypuff (day and morning), Spinarak and Clefairy (night) with like 1 or 2% encounter rates.

Water Pokémon are mostly fish, but this part is in the east, so it'll have the corresponding Shellos.
>>
So, with my hypefactor for S/M reaching critical levels, I decided to play something to get over the worst. Flora Sky seems to be just about the only complete hack, so I chose it.
I found the DL link (A bit difficult to find since the thread linked in pastebin has had its link DMCA'd)

The question: should I use the compliment dex one or the "normal" one? The only differences I could find were more 'mons and some minor tweaks in the comp. version. Yet it's claimed to be "harder"
I'm leaning towards the complete dex one myself, but I'm not sure if it changes something like 'mon distributions in a way that makes it nigh-impossible or something.
>>
>>26571990
A nice way to add more Pokes from different gens but that do the same thing like the X/Flying birds to do "Biomes".

Beaches get Wingull, western grass gets Pidgey, Eastern gets Tallow, mountains get Rufflet.The mountain fire type is Growlithe, but the forest one is Vulpix.
>>
>>26572613
That actually sounds like a really cool idea, and I'm totally going to do that. Thanks anon!
>>
>>26572872
le bump
>>
>>26572613
Most oroginal idea ive heard yet
Gf should take note
>>
>>26571990
Id play it. I love early gen mons. Have you picked out the music too?
>>
>>26574427
*original
>>
>>26572613
Thanks!
As for music, not specifically, but I'm leaning towards HGSS, or at least HGSS-soundfont, music.

Honestly I'd really like having custom music alongside HGSS music, but seeing as I have really no musical skills, not to mention the fact that I'm in the early stages of making this game, I haven't really put too much effort into that yet. I'll probably try to get some poor bastard to assist with music if I get that far though. But for now I'm going with HGSS music. People like the HGSS music, right?
>>
>>26574708
meant to reply to >>26574447
>>
>>26574708
You could try looking on youtube. People ofeten post fanmade music. Maybe you could use it as inspiration.
>>
>>26575038
*often
>>
>>26574708
I like hgss music but i think it would better to use new music. But take your time. Im giessing its a long process
>>
>>26575038
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to look into that when I can start picking out music!

>>26575085
Yeah, the newer music is also really nice. I haven't really made any final decisions about the music yet, so I'll just see what fits as I go along. Thanks for the feedback, all opinions are good help!
>>
>>26574708
Johto is usually high up in "best music"
>>
Is there any new tools to edit XY/ORAS or do I have to wait another year to ask again?
>>
>>26575224
No problem. I love hacks. Who doesnt?
>>
For my first foray into romhacking, I've decided to give Crystal a fresh coat of paint and reverse the way you go through the region. Instead of going up through the left side of Route 30 to Violet City, you hike up Route 45 to reach Blackthorn and beyond.

I have a few different problems I want to address with this hack, but the biggest flaw the Johto games have is their Pokemon variety. It's not bad necessarily, but most of your options are from Kanto. I'm hoping the new path, combined with some touch-ups, will rectify it.

Anyway, how does this look for an encounter list up to Blackthorn? Keep in mind I'm not sure where I'll put the Old Rod, and I'll adjust fishing levels as necessary.

http://pastebin.com/EHvhF3nn
>>
>>26570961
Fucking awesome.
>>
>>26571123
All i wanted was a easy tool to make few changes in BW.

Just like to make some maps and change places of events.
>>
>>26575669
Map would be the hardest thing, 3D fucked everything up.
>>
>>26570961
looks pretty good, i'd add shadows to your docks tho

is there a thread with info on your game anywhere?
>>
>>26575616
It seems alright. I'm a bit concerned at throwing Phanpy, Gligar, and Slugma at you on such a early route but it might not be too big a deal.
>>
>>26576242
Thanks, I'm probably going to try to add some shadows and other adjustments to a bunch of stuff this week, now that I got the first "set" of maps done.

No thread yet, just getting started now, and I haven't got much else than these maps (only a few interiors maps from the starting town). Will probably be active here in /heg/ though.
>>
>>26575616
If you're not giving babies attacks, don't make us use them.

Early Dratini is nice, it has meh stats before Dnite and like has Slam as its best move.

Variety isn't a bad thing, just make sure you repeat a few on connecting paths. Say a single digit is a Pokemon:

X9X --- 296 --- 1234 --- 2Y5 --- 578

It'll make it feel less like you're just cramming things in.

You also have to plan for it in your gym leaders. Give them a wildcard Pokemon, something anime/manga/card related that can counter a weakness, then give them something from out of region related to their theme/type that counters.
>>
Only played Gens 1-3 and started playing Showdown in Gen 6.

Are there any DS romhacks that do a good job of simulating gen 6?
I wanna play through gens 4 and 5 but I don't have a 3DS to play Gen 6/7 on, so I'm looking to play Romhacks instead.
I don't want to feel like I'm trapped in the past when I start playing the DS romhacks.
>>
There is a hack where you play a pokemon and you capture humans?
>>
How do I pirate RPG Maker XP?
>>
>>26577951
Literally Google "RPG Maker XP free" and you'll find a million YouTube videos with downloads of the trial, license key generators and other shit.
>>
>>26577703
>Are there any DS romhacks that do a good job of simulating gen 6?

No, but regarding in-game stuff Gen 6 isn't much different from Gen 4 or 5 besides Megas, and even then there are like three trainers in each game that have Megas.
>>
>>26570961
Do you have a link to the tileset you use (and the credits), it looks beautiful
>>
Hey, I've read a lot on here that you can just hack a 3DS and then be able to just download and play 3DS games without paying for them. Anyone have a link to a guide for doing that?
>>
>>26578966
>>>/vg/144171707

If you're at firmware 10.7 or below you can downgrade to 9.2, the firmware that lets you do all that shit, though on firmwares 10.6 and 10.7 you need a cart with an exploit like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D to do it. If you're on 11.0 you missed the boat, sorry.
>>
>>26578966
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

>>26576474
Phanpy was available in Crystal around the same level, Slugma is surprisingly weak for something that evolves at 38. I agree with Gligar though. I'll give it some thought.

>>26576691
>look at Igglybuff and Jigglypuff
>both of them only learn Pound at 9
why

Anyway, thanks for the advice on variety. I already planned on doing something similar to the "biomes" mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think I might shuffle a couple Pokemon around to make it feel more consistent. One of the pairs of bugs can wait until after Ice Path for example.
>>
>>26579149
>>26579433
Can I play online after I do that?
>>
>>26579497
Yes. You need to be on the latest firmware to have online, but if you follow the guides to the end that won't be a problem anymore.
>>
>>26579497
Yes. When you use CFW, you set up an EmuNAND, which you can update to the current version without updating your SysNAND.
>>
>>26578065
Well I wanna say fairies but even the GBA romhacks managed to include fairies.

If you guys don't mind me asking, what are some DS romhacks that try to stay "current" by introducing Gen 6 stuff?
Are there any?
>>
>>26568862
So, I have been thinking of implementing a "Champion Title" for my games.
I'm tired of saving the world, gaining all the badges, beating the Elite Four, and becoming champion and having NO ONE recognize it.
In my games
>Become Champion
>Get a lot of perks and bonus shit.
>Rarely (I mean, how often do trainers actually beat the Elite Four?) you'd get a Battle Notification informing you of a challenger.
>When you accept it, you can't deny it, you are flown to the Pokemon League Colisseum to battle.
What do you think? Can this be done in Pokemon Essentials?
>>
>>26579954
I think I saw one HGSS hack somewhere that included Fairy-types, but it also retyped existing Pokémon to be Fairy-type that aren't canonically such to make up for the lack of Gen 5/6 Fairy-types. I could try digging that up if that sounds like something you'd want. I wouldn't say it's necessary to the experience though, so in the case of Pt or Gen V the lack of hacks with that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>26579954
I believe I've seen research done on including Fairy type and all gen 5/6 attacks into gen 4/5 games, but I think that type of research was done after any major gen 4/5 hack was released, so I don't believe any playable hack actually has any of that stuff in it unfortunately.
>>
>>26580185
>>26580359
Mmh-hmm, I see.
Thanks guys. Getting a smartphone soon and I hear the DS emulator is great, which is why I'm so interested.
>>
>Rubile Ruby's first gym leader

WHY

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT

I had to restart the entire game to get better pokemon and I still can't beat this fucking team. And there's nothing around good to catch and everything is level 8 and his pokemon are all 19-20. Five of mine are level 20-21 and his team is fucking ridiculous. Who's idea was it to make everything up to gym 1 "pretty hard" and them gym 1 "five times harder than anything you've had to do so far." FUCK I'VE LOST LIKE 30 TIMES, FUCK SHUCKLE, FUCK CRADILY
>>
>>26580561
lol, over leveled gym leaders makes it fun right?
>>
Is Sinking Sapphire any good?
>>
Are there any decent hacks with regions based on real world locations similar to the original games, or are pretty much all of them with custom regions completely original?
>>
So can anyone help me? I have an event bold celebi with not so perfect iv speed. Can anyone change the iv of an event Pokemon for me please?
>>
>>26570961
that yacht is trapped
press F to pay respects
>>
Can someone give me the Ace trainer sprite movements from HGSS?
>>
>>26569317
Thanks, I'll try that. Maybe he's willing to share his .poke files too.
>>
>>26583446
I went to his page and saw this:
>So I got a message about someone trying to do this in a hack of their own. To be honest, I made this video for myself in case I ever needed to be reminded of how I did this stuff. I made the video in such a way that it would remind me, specifically, but I figured I'd make it public just in case it could help others. This is not necessarily the best type of video for others to understand. Clearly, there is no sound, as I had no microphone back then. I could create a new video with actual verbal instructions, but I'm still not certain about whether or not I'll ever really have time to work on this type of stuff ever again. If I do find extra time, I may create a new video. Given what I know now, I might be able to just create a program to do all of this, which would be the most helpful for all of us. It was a tedious pain to do 160+ sprites like this, and a program would certainly make things go faster. No matter what happens though, I hope to always be available through messages/email.
Going to send him an email now.
>>
yo, so I'm playing through Fire Red Omega right now...I'm only in Pewter City and already getting bombarded with badass pokemon! Even got all three Hoenn starters already!

My question is - when you guys play through rom hacks like these, do you have a "no starters on the team" rule or something? I feel like it would be really boring and easy if I added the hoenn starters plus my orig starter to my team.

How do I keep my team interesting and balanced without being OP?

current fire red omega team -
Elekid lv 15
Mankey lv 15
Zigzagoon lv 5 (for pickup)
(thinking about adding either Oddish or Houndour)
>>
File: personal usage list.png (278 KB, 809x948) Image search: [Google]
personal usage list.png
278 KB, 809x948
>>26584157
I just go with what feels right. I have a personal rule in general where I try not to use Pokémon I've used before and try to stick with Pokémon introduced in that region unless it's one I've played a million times, so I'd probably ignore the Hoenn starters, but what I do isn't what everyone has to do.
>>
>>26578459
Well I'm piecing together my own tileset, trying to edit those who don't fit.

I use a bunch of terrain and stuff from the Pokémon Dawn tileset:
http://the-red-ex.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Dawn-Tileset-Red-eX-Omega-Lukasz-L-V-2-341102015

Some stuff is from ChaoticCherryCake's public tileset:
http://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Tileset-From-Public-Tiles-358379026

The rest are from various random tiles spread out all over DeviantArt.
>>
How's pokemon silver blue? Is there a story or is it just gyms? As I understand it puts you in kanto to start your journey instead of johto, but I don't know if it kanto has a story or not.
>>
>>26584157
is the version of omega you're playing an ips patch? Could you u it somewhere because the one in OP's pastebin has gone now?
>>
I'm making a game with 16 badges and side quests. The legendaries are Darkrai and Cresselia
>>
>>26587701
ok
>>
>>26588582
Alright
>>
Playing Rutile Ruby. Can you use the online features on it? Is it safe to update so I can online?
>>
>>26589050
anyone?
>>
>>26589050
I think updating messes up some of the changes of the ROM.
>>
File: intro.png (37 KB, 675x645) Image search: [Google]
intro.png
37 KB, 675x645
Quick question. I'm super new to essentials and fucked up the starting point. For some reason the game skips over the intro and goes straight to the starting point. How do I make it play the intro again?
>>
>>26579954
It's possible to hack Fairy type into Gen 4 with minimal fuss because you're just changing the ??? type to Fairy. Changing the type chart is harder, but can be done.

??? type doesn't exist in Gen 5, so you have to do some extra funny business to get it to work and it sometimes breaks.
>>26575379
No, same tool as always. pk3ds and Ohana.
>>
>>26590022
Oh, forgot to mention, it is possible to edit CRO files now, though you can only play them on certain CFWs (Luma and Rei).
>>
>>26589920
Damn
>>
https://mega.nz/#!qUhGFTSa!OyzTKExuV1oPyGPUZDHcGZ4nb-PClrNQaA9aQrcr1JA
>>
>>26590007
Do you...
- Have another event on the same map that is also trying to Autorun? It could be interfering.
- Does the player actually start on the map? You should have an event box with an S if you do. If not, go to the eventing layer, right click anywhere and click Player's Starting Position.
>>
File: 1446974543675.jpg (73 KB, 421x480) Image search: [Google]
1446974543675.jpg
73 KB, 421x480
>>26591172
W-What's this?
>>
Is Pokémon Prism done yet? I think I already know the answer but just checking.
>>
>>26580561
If you think that's bad just you fucking wait. Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire have some fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1 dream_b5311e361c (1).jpg (255 KB, 1100x1077) Image search: [Google]
1 dream_b5311e361c (1).jpg
255 KB, 1100x1077
>>26591172
>1 gb Pokemon game

How? I'm not opening that
>>
>>26570961
Neat! I feel like there should be something in the middle of Fuck-Huge Forest for the player to find, maybe using late-game HMs or a post-game event?

When I say middle I mean like another entrance/exit that leads back to a part of the overworld slap bang in the middle of the forest, not viewable from anywhere else on the overworld.
>>
>>26592096
I'm going to have some kind of a story-related Celebi event in the forest, seeing as I will have Celebi be like /the/ legendary Pokémon for this game. It's always been my favorite of the "cute legendary" set, and I feel like it has always been really underutilized in the official games. (Now that I think about it, you can't even get it outside of promo events, right?)

I like the idea of having a kind of hidden part of the overworld in the forest, and I might make it all Mirage Island-y and hard to find. Actually, that might be where I'll end up putting Celebi, so thanks for the suggestion!
>>
What's your opinion on hacks & fan games introducing fan made megas and alternative forms?
>>
>>26592411
Theyre either hit or miss. Most of the time they end up looking oo cringingly edgy
>>
>>26591978
Around late March he cancelled the Gold hack and started porting everything he's already done to Crystal via disassembly.

This isn't as extreme as it sounds, he has tools to port the code to Crystal and the disassembly makes debugging a million times easier. The hack will probably come out sooner with this than it did if he kept it a Gold hack. It's still taken a few months and will probably be a few more before everything he's done is ported, though, so we're still in for a long wait.

But, on the bright side, he's "developed a unique development and release plan for the game as well as a new way for people to test before the final" that will apparently "assure that the game gets done and out this year." If I had to make an assumption it would be that he's going to make the game open source toward the end so people can beta test it en masse and more quickly find bugs, but I can't know for sure.

>>26592013
Why? Sounds like the average two-Gym Essentials beta.
>>
>>26592313
Durr, now that I think about it, all the "cute legendaries" are event Pokémon.
>>
>>26590007
There are two starting events in base essentials, quick and oak's.

Make sure the quick one is disable if you just started editing events.
>>
>>26592444
Like, if he has a shit ton of music.

Mine's at ~450 MB uncompressed with EBS animated sprites and followers. I have maybe 150 MB more music to add.
>>
>>26591172
>>26592013
>>26592444
>2 gym demo
>almost 1 gb already
This further proves how dogshit RPGMaker and Essentials really is.
Pokemon Black2/White2 is only half a gig, and they're miles ahead of Essentials in terms of quality.
>>
does anyone have autotiles for d/p/pt tilesets?

I've been using pic related, and you can also use the outside one where I replaced the default stuff. simply replacing the default outside tileset should give you a brand spanking new look to the game, for the most part. (not totally done replacing stuff yet)

http://i.imgur.com/wfOGuqc.png
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4POqmbcEPjXcW5VNkg5SWFiaVU
>>
>>26592622
Where does all that bloat come from?
>>
>>26592636
>"Oh no, don't do rom hacking, it's hard, learning it is a waste of time anyway, why don't you come on over to the Essentials side, goy"
>>
>>26592636
Poor optimization.
>>
>>26592622
While Essentials games will always be a bigger file size, a 1 GB 2 gym demo is ridiculous and the dev's fault. Not so much Essentials.

>>26592636
It comes from devs being morons and not deleting shit that isn't even used in the demo. Music is the biggest offender, but it's also worth deleting unused Battler sprites. Although that only usually makes a huge difference if they're animated.
>>
>>26592622
That's a shit dev, not a shit kit.

He likely has 10 MB MP3s and GIFs.

But hey, don't let that stop you from pulling your dick out to fap that hate boner.
>>
>>26593176
Let me know when you find a 1GB ROMhack that isn't Gen VI.
>>
>>26593434
Let me know when you find not dialup internet and a hard drive made after 2000.

The game isn't shit because of its filesize, if it is shit, but you won't hear that around your hate boner. You also likely don't get the different between file formats each side uses, but whatever.
>>
File: 143512764630.png (140 KB, 434x304) Image search: [Google]
143512764630.png
140 KB, 434x304
>>26593624
Is that meant to be a comeback?
>>
>>26570961
looks super relaxing.
>>
File: TPP Crystal Anniversary_01.png (3 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
TPP Crystal Anniversary_01.png
3 KB, 160x144
Finally almost caught up to the full version of Crystal Anniversary after glitches kept me from beating the E4 in the April Fools' version. They gave Giovanni a better sprite, I noticed.
>>
>>26595165
And immediately after I posted that Giovanni landed five Horn Drills in a row. I didn't know this hack's advanced AI was made by Showderp. I'm not actually accusing it of foul play but c'mon.
>>
>>26595211
Clearly he just watched Origins and was ready to fuck shit up.
>>
>>26592411
Shit, pretty much always. In fact, never seen one that's looked good
>>
>>26595211
bamp
>>
I don't know if this is the right general, but what's a flashcart I can buy that'll work on a 3DS XL/New 3DS?
>>
>>26598694
Look into a Gateway 3DS or a R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe (if you have a standard 3DS and not a 2DS/New). You'll get better info on /vg/emugen. Try emulation.gametechwiki.com as well. Also try gbatemp, but if you post there, don't mention pokemon. That place is overrun with poketards as is.
>>
>>26598870
Thank you. I have a standard 3DS XL, and I'm going to buy a New 3DS soon.
>>
>>26568862
>OR/AS hack
>it doesn't give May bigger tits
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: 1415205780706.jpg (37 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
1415205780706.jpg
37 KB, 534x532
>>26598694
Don't buy a 3DS flashcart, just get CFW. I'm pretty sure none of the flashcarts besides Sky3DS work if you're on current firmware anyway, and I hear Sky3DS has issues with newer games.

Don't pay to pirate when CFW lets you get it for free.

If you meant DS flashcarts that work on 3DS, though, that's actually a better purchase since there's no way to play DS games digitally on 3DS. I don't have any suggestions for that though.
>>
>>26598694
There's no point to buying a flashcart for 3DS games unless you're a dumbass who can't follow the instructions to install any of the custom firmwares. Don't waste your money on Gateway.
>>
>>26592622
Yeah, romhack fags are so much more efficient with how they can't even get a basic demo out because they have to fluster around just for them to even do something as simple as sprite editing or adding pokemon in anything that isn't a FRLG rehash.
>>
>>26599117
Gen 1 and Gen 2 have the Red and Crystal disassemblies, and at least one Gen 3 disassembly will probably be in a useable state in a couple years (I think, I've only been paying tangental attention). Hacking with the disassembly is just as easy as using Essentials, with the upside of you not using an unoptimized piece of shit as your base.

Also, there's a difference between being unable to release a demo and not wanting to release a demo because there are a million one-Gym betas out there and why would you want to throw more onto the pile?
>>
File: TPP Crystal Anniversary HOF.png (18 KB, 160x1008) Image search: [Google]
TPP Crystal Anniversary HOF.png
18 KB, 160x1008
I did it! I finally beat the Elite Four! I even managed to hold true to not using Lance's Pussy Heal, because they never should've added that to the hack it was such a cheap casualization and I only gained like 2 levels each from E4 battles since my last attempts so it feels genuine.
>>
File: 1464117615447.png (7 KB, 349x298) Image search: [Google]
1464117615447.png
7 KB, 349x298
>>26591172
Since nobody bothered actually posting to say what it is, it's a Pokemon Y romhack. That said though, I have no fucking idea what hack it actually is. It's not Neo Y or Wilting Y, and it's not random enough to be a randomization, either.
>>
>>26599509
Why don't any of your Pokemon have names?

Are you ten or something?
>>
>>26599277
>disassembly is just as easy

It's closer, but it's still ASM for at least for red and crystal. Adding images is super easy now though, at least for Red wen I looked.

If Firered ever gets the disassembled I expect a shitton of awesome tools overnight to aleate most problem anyone would have.
>>
File: cv.png (102 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
cv.png
102 KB, 637x476
Rate my little town, looks comfy enough?
>>
>>26601570
I like it! Got any other maps done?
>>
>>26601570
What tileset?
>>
>>26599071
>>26599099
I just want to be able to move Pokemon from ROMs i play on my PC to my copy of X
>>
File: Dex.png (271 KB, 798x948) Image search: [Google]
Dex.png
271 KB, 798x948
>>26584197
making this made me realize a lot of things about myself.

>inb4 no X/Y
>>
File: icons.png (484 KB, 1000x1069) Image search: [Google]
icons.png
484 KB, 1000x1069
>>26599730
I'm not good with names, the only times I ever do they're all awful generic crap like a Blastoise named Shelshockr.

>>26602242
Shit, if I knew someone else was going to make one I'd have posted the better, newer template.
>>
>>26599099
>There's no point to buying a flashcart for 3DS games anymore
FTFY. There used to be, before CFW. Now, yes, it can be done absolutely free, and in a superior way.

For DS flashcard that works on 3DS, my DSTwo still works fine, and I've had it since before the 3DS was released.
>>
>>26601570
needs a well in the center
looks pretty good
>>
From the brink of oblivion
>>
File: DOORS.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
DOORS.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>
>>26608816
this ?? after such a long time not coming here
lol

who are you
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.