[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY IS THIS NOT A FIRE TYPE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1192x1222) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1192x1222
FUCKING WHY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
and it's weak to fire :-)
>>
File: 1408002574988.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1408002574988.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>26566783
>Daily reminder this isn't a water type
>>
LOL

It's literally Reshiram Black 2.0
>>
>>26566917
>tfw you send out the Sun Legend pokemon, and have to pull it back because someone set up harsh sunlight
why
>>
If they made it a Fire type you'd be throwing a fit about how boring and predictable it is, please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26566783

>Game Freak trolled all of us into thinking Solgaleo would be Fire-type because of this move.
>It's actually just a Fire-type move that gets a STAB bonus even if the user is a Steel-type.
>>
>Lugia not Water type
>Groudon not Fire type
>Palkia being a Water type
>Reshiram and Zekrom being Fire and Electric respectively
>Xerneas being a completely new type
It shouldn't be new to you that Pokemon Mascots are not the type everyone everyone expects. That's why their types are never revealed alongside their first appearance.
>>
>>26566783
neither is groudon
>>
>>26566936
Don't remind me...
>>
>>26566980
IT'S SIGNATURE MOVE IS LITERALLY THROWING ITSELF AS A FUCKING FIREBALL YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>26566980
I agree on that, but making him weak to fire? It's stupid and you know it
>>
>>26566992
>One-shotted Salamence

Not a chance
>>
>>26567075
He is now though.
>>
>>26566783
doom desire 2.0
>>
Maybe it's an artificial pokemon made to absorb the power of the sun or something like that.
>>
>>26567557
This. We should have seen it coming.
>>
>>26567597
Fuck off with your fanfic shit, not in a hundred years.
>>
Cosmic type all but confirmed next gen
>>
>>26567148
in china metal = light
>>
>>26567597
Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.” Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor, disregarding the target’s Ability.

Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability.

from the site
>>
>>26567634
I dunno man, the typing makes no sense otherwise. Why steel and psychic?
>>
>>26567702
>Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had.
>Literally just copy-paste of Clear Body
GF is starting to really annoy me...
>>
Steel makes sense, but so does fire. Its not the like the Sun isn't a giant fucking sphere of burning gas / fire.

...Psychic on the other hand. What is it with Gamefreak making so many legendaries Psychic types for no reason i.e Lugia
>>
>>26566783
Guys would the move be a psychic type attack since fire/steel would be resisted by salamnce and there was no message of it
>>
>>26567036
>Palkia being a Water type
>Pokemon PEARL mascot
>Pearls come from the ocean
Nigga u dumb
>>
>>26566936
It's Dive/Bird type you idiot
>>
Has anyone considered that the signature moves for the new legendary pokemon have dual typing in the same vein as Flying Press? Considering the new professor studies moves, I feel like that will be a much more prevalent mechanic this gen.
>>
>>26567718
Because the sun is made of metal.
>>
>>26567036
>>26567075
Groudon was ground because it represented the land. Psychic and steel have dick all to do with the sun
>>
>>26567933

0.5% of the Sun is made of metal.

0 . fucking 5 !
>>
>>26568020
The rest of it can not be classified in Pokémon terms though.
>>
File: Four-digital-Display-Screen[1].jpg (24 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Four-digital-Display-Screen[1].jpg
24 KB, 360x360
>>26567718
Look at its face, the thing is clearly either a robot or biomechanical.
>>
>>26568061
Yeah but the fact that hydrogen in the Sun is constantly burning, and that it emits shit tons of thermal/heat energy means that the Sun pretty clearly has something to do with fire types
>>
>>26568255
Lol what a nerd, go take a major in thermoshitnamics geekhead.
>>
>>26566783

>Flash Cannon
>Mirror Shot

Light in Pokemon is associated with the Steel and Fairy types
>>
>>26567785
Solgaleo and Lunala seem very space-like with those LED heads and Psychic includes aliens like Beheyeem and Deoxys

A better question is why Lunala isn't Fairy type when it's so connected to the moon
>>
>>26568371

>Sunny Day
>Sunny Castform
>Solar Beam fully charging in one turn if there is sunlight

The Sun in Pokemon is associated with the Fire types
>>
>>26568013
to be fair, steel generally represents all metals and metals are formed in stars.
Fire/Steel would have made more sense. Maybe it has a mega or a forme change?
>>
>>26568334

Hmmm I thought that it was common knowledge that the Sun gives out heat.
>>
>Dragon types weak to dragon attacks
>>
>>26567785
>Steel makes sense, but so does fire. Its not the like the Sun isn't a giant fucking sphere of burning gas / fire.
That's not the problem, idiot. The problem is that THE SUN pokémon is somehow weak to heat.
>>
>>26566992
It's not fire type or else it would have said "Not very effective" when used on Salamence in the trailer
>>
>>26568712
>implying fire is hot
>>
>>26566783
Because now i can pick litten and Sun version. You mad? :^)
>>
>>26567170
Fair enough
>>
>>26568742
>implying fire can be cold?
>>
>>26566783
Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as "the beast that devours the sun." Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun.
>>
File: 1463676113560.png (103 KB, 315x293) Image search: [Google]
1463676113560.png
103 KB, 315x293
>>26566783
>yfw Gen 7 introduces hidden typing mechanic
>Lugia has Water
>Solgaleo has Fire
>Lunaala has Flying
>It isn't reflected on the damage they take but they get wider STAB coverage
>>
Fire/Steel would've made much more sense and would actually have been a decent typing
>muh 4x weakness to earth
Air balloon and or an ability that weakens/ makes immune to ground attacks.

Psychic makes little to no sense except when thinking along the lines of the sun as stars and celestial bullshit.

I actually like Lunala's typing. I think it was a good choice
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.