[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Obvious hints at a mission system >Seemingly non-linear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: HOLYSHIT.png (594 KB, 946x492) Image search: [Google]
HOLYSHIT.png
594 KB, 946x492
>Obvious hints at a mission system
>Seemingly non-linear quests
>THAT EXPANSIVE REGION
>DEXNAV IS FUCKING BACK

Are you guys fucking ready for the first open-world pokemon game?
>>
File: mario.png (223 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
223 KB, 500x445
>>26565706
This would be fucking amazing. I loved the medals in B2 & W2. I like to lose my mind from the main objective to pursue a couple achievements from time to time.
>>
what? no, it's just more handholding that tells you where you have to go next on a linear path if you forgot.
>>
>>26565898
It's probably a little bit of that, yes, but the "based on conversations you have with others!" seems to imply that its directions will change. Which in turn, hints at mission objectives.

While I dont think its gonna be open-world, I think its pretty much confirmed at this point based off of the map design, that its far, FAR less linear than Kalos. The route design and island spread shows that pretty clearly. Pokemon's a casual game first and foremost, so if youre gonna go a non-linear route, youre gonna need something to actively remind younger players of what they were doing last time they left their games.
>>
>>26566072
I love the way the map is looking, if you look at the rotom image, it's clear we're getting an actual, interconnecting world map instead of just a set of routes and towns. Even if it isn't open world it is going to be MUCH more exploratory and non-linear and I love it.
>>
I'm really hoping they don't make Rotomdex an annoying nag like Zelda helpers
>>
>>26566072
>HEY YOU BETTER GO TO X TOWN KID, I HEARD THE NEXT GYM BADGE IS THERE
>"maybe we should go to x town because that guy said so!"

that's literally all it is.
>>
>>26565706
>>DEXNAV IS FUCKING BACK

is it really. Please I hope so.
>>
>>26566294
Yeah, same, I'm crazy hyped for that. After the the on-rails theme park ride that was Kalos, having places to actually explore? God, fuckin refreshing as hell. The new vids uploaded by Japan shows that the map shown on the left in OP's image is indeed accurate 1-1 with how you'll be actively moving. It's no marketing bullshit, thats legit what it is.

Not to mention, even aesthetically the regions looking beautiful.
>>
>>26565706
>Active map system
Finally.

Fucking finally.
>>
>>26566652
>what is a quest journal in any game
they wouldn't put this in unless they were doing something less linear than previous entries.
>>
>>26565706
YOKAI WATCH
>>
>>26566782
there have been plenty of linear games with objective markers before, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.