[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is catching ANYTHING in this game such a massive pain in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg (21 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg
21 KB, 250x228
Why is catching ANYTHING in this game such a massive pain in the dick?

>1hp
>paralyzed
>over 9000 ultra balls
>half of them fail to get one shake
>>
fufufufu, bad luck kid.
>>
>paralyzed

found your problem

sleep almost doubles the catch rate compared to paralyze
>>
>>26559711

Paralyze is x1.5

Sleep is x2

Paralyze is much easier to manage
>>
>>26559633
I recommend getting a Pokemon with spore.
>>
Friendly reminder that Great balls are superior to Ultroll balls
>>
>>26559633
I'm convinced it's the pseudo-RNG function of 4th gen.

Same stuff in 6th gen (same balls and methods) tends to produce much better results.
>>
>>26559633
>Ultra Balls
Catch everything at night, use Dusk Balls.
>>
>>26559633
Because gen 5 casualised the capture mechanics and you're too used too them now
>>
>>26559754
It is. Not many people know that apart from critical capture, gen 5 also reduced the number of capture "checks" from 4 to 3, which obviously was carried over to gen 6.

The funny thing about gen 5 capture is that the Pokeball will NEVER break on the second shake, only first, third and fourth.
>>
>>26559847
I dunno man. In gen 2, it took like 1 or 2 heavyballs at most to catch Snorlax or Lugia.

Currently SRing for a decent Lugia in HG, and lemme say, while I can usually catch Lugia before I hit 15 heavyballs, I've run out about 25% of the time. If I run out of heavyballs, I usually just reset. Ultraballs are useless against it. If I dip into those, I'll have tossed out 35 or more before it kills itself with Struggle, so why bother?

The point is, stuff is hard to catch in HGSS in general.
>>
>>26559920
2angry4mem8
>>
>>26559633
>Ultra Balls
found your problem
>>
>trying to catch giratina in platinum
>she struggles to death twice
>>
>>26559633
It's called placebo, honey.
>>
>>26559633
Just your luck. Not to mention the casualization later on.

For example, I started a new run of HG and caught Raikou on my first encounter with my first Ultra Ball. After that run, I started a new run on HG and literally the same thing happened -- first encounter with Raikou, first Ultra Ball, I shit you not.

It doesn't really mean anything since they're expendable runs seeing as it's an older game and non-Pentagon mons don't matter, but lightning struck twice in my presence.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.