[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Models are SO much better than Sprites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 1434542905747.gif (1 MB, 202x304) Image search: [Google]
1434542905747.gif
1 MB, 202x304
>Models are SO much better than Sprites
>>
>Take a model
>blow it up in size
>wonder why it looks bad
>>
>>26558708
Except the part where Pokemon Stadium 2 is objectively the best Pokemon have ever looked in 3D. Have you seen that fucking Crobat nigga?
>>
>>26558708
Careful OP. Someone might accidentally assume you blew up the Gif and gave it a shitty resolution ON PURPOSE to prove your argument.
>>
i wouldn't mind models if they made them more dynamic

most just stand there
>>
fucking THICC thighs mmf
>>
>>26558708
They are, though.

The idle poses are lackluster but the attack animations are amazing.
>>
>>26558742
>>26558867
Same shit you 3Dfags do for sprites. You blow them the fuck up and scream MUH EYES.
>>
File: 241.gif (75 KB, 80x76) Image search: [Google]
241.gif
75 KB, 80x76
>>26558708
H I G H P O L Y

look at this sprite, it's clearly superior to 3D
>>
>>26558888
Checked
>>
>>26558855
>Crobat
Those teeth were fucking hideous.
>tfw we'll never have an HD Stadium/Colosseum successor on the NX for Gen VII with models and animations based on the N64 and Gamecube ones for Mons from Gens 1-3 and touched up models from Gen VI and VII with better idle stances for the rest
Why fucking live?
>>
daily reminder that pokemon will never look as good as it did on battle revolution or colosseum and that flying pokemon will forever look like garbagio summoner
>>
I like all the neat little details they throw in. If you ever look at most of the cat pokemon in the dex, most of them extract their claws when attacking.
>>
Your fucking move, spritefags.
http://imgur.com/a/WXSvn
>>
the models are fine
We need less retarded floaty massless animations
>>
>>26558888
>i wouldn't mind models if they made them more dynamic
>most just stand there

"People, people, please. Just because it's a dramatic scene, doesn't mean you can't do a little comedy in the background. Throw a pie or two, for God's sake."
>>
>>26558708
I like bisharp's model.
>>
File: marshtomp.gif (144 KB, 60x77) Image search: [Google]
marshtomp.gif
144 KB, 60x77
>>26558888
This.
>>
>>26558708
Hey man, remember that these models are so amazing and high fidelity that they can barely function on 3DS and cause it to drop framerates like a madman!

And whenever someone says that the framerate drops are disgusting make sure to remind them that 'the models are amazing and futureproofed :^)' so that you can refute any argument on that topic!
>>
Models are fine.

Resolution and framerate are not fine.

But OP just wanted (You)'s so whatever. Not getting one from me at least.
>>
>>26559147
Literally no more impressive than their sprites. Try again, alphabetsoupfag
>>
File: 1450627711309.gif (45 KB, 52x99) Image search: [Google]
1450627711309.gif
45 KB, 52x99
>>26559663
It's shit. Get over it.
>>
Model rips suck, they look perfect on the 3DS screen
>>
I'm okay with the washed out colors, I just wish they had more character to them.

Give them a fucking pose or a cool intro animation.
>>
>>26559699
http://pokemondb.net/sprites/unown

Sorry anon, the Gen 5 animations look pretty bad. It's about the same level of activity, though I'd rank Gen 6 better in that category too, but the way Gen 5 handled animations makes them look worse. When they bother to make interesting animations for the Gen 6 models, they're great.

I can understand arguing about the saturation, though.
>>
>>26559727
Holy shit, Modelfag pure denial.
>>
>>26559160
underrated post
>>
Models suck and the sprites also sucked.
>>
>>26559830
There's nothing to be in denial about, you shitter
>>
>>26560038
This. Pokemon should be text based only.
>>
>>26560196
>text
>having to occupy your eyes with pokemon
Gameplay consisting entirely of sound cues and key presses fucking when
>>
File: 625.gif (64 KB, 57x75) Image search: [Google]
625.gif
64 KB, 57x75
(You) are so right, OP. Sprites were so much better. Lets go back to that.
>>
>>26560227
>Sound
>Needing to hear things
Gameplay should consist entirely of braile and muscle twitches fucking when
>>
The only people who hate on 3D models and wish Pokemon to return to sprites are angry curmudgeons who are afraid of change.
Regardless of whether models are ugly or not 3D is a necessary transition to the series and you know it's true.
>>
>>26558996

>sprite

Nice try.
>>
>>26558708
>those thighs
I see now why it's shit.
>>
>>26558888
>i wouldn't mind models if they made them more dynamic
>
>most just stand there

Yeah, most Pokémon Stadium 2 models were pretty shit, just look at Hitmontop, it just stands there, but look at XY's Hitmontop, that's dynamic as fuck.
>>
>>26560467
is he diving his hand in an invisible cunt?
>>
>>26560467
Post an argument, please.

>inb4 the image itself is an argument
The image just shows how equally the model and sprite are, the model is more natural and doesn't need to be in a JoJo pose all the time. You won't go to the wild and encounter a group of these guys with their left arm standing up. Also, if you talk amount special animation, most models have at least 3 different, and some even 4 or 5 iirc.
>>
>>26561588
he was agreeing with you
>>
>>26561605
I didn't get the sarcasm then.
>>
>>26561619
The post having (You) but not actually quoting the OP, which is against Models and poses it in a sarcastic way, is the tip off.

I wonder how many internet arguments have been started by people on the same side yelling at each other over misunderstandings?
>>
>>26559025
Mh will probably be hd anon
>>
>>26558991
>A faggot act like a faggot
>I better act like a faggot too! That'll show them!
>>
>>26558887

damn bro that's a solid meme haha
>>
>>26558991
>You blow them the fuck up and scream MUH EYES.
But no one does that.
>>
File: cofagrigus_sprite.gif (95 KB, 114x89) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus_sprite.gif
95 KB, 114x89
>>26558708
Cofagrigus sprite shits all over his 3D model. This was the mon that made me realize Gen 6 models were ass.

>BW sprite is bouncy, menacing and multi-faceted by having Cofag's spirit seep in and out of it's coffin, bold and colorful
>XY model just stands there barely waving it's 4 arms, all desaturated and it's face shrunk down and can barely be seen
>>
>>26563397
God, those arms are so damn stiff and the whole sprite looks like it was cut with those scissors that cut in zig zags.
How can you like that?
>>
>>26559830
It's true though.
>>
>>26563397
The BW Sprite is bouncing around and stretching like a retard. It doesn't even look menacing, it just looks stupid. God, I forgot how terrible the BW animations are.

Pokemon should be static sprites in dynamic poses like in the first four gens, or close-up models like in Gens VI and VII. Models only look bad when you shrink them down to the menu/showdown size; they're fine otherwise.
>>
>>26563397
What's ironic is that the pokedex 3d model had some pretty cool animation. But I guess they didn't work well when needing to transition between different attacking animations.
>>
>>26558708
Pixilated garbage ;^)
Don't kid yourself. It's like this in game as well and a lot worst than anything BW/2 put out.
>>
>>26563397
Withdrawing inside and coming out are the only good things about that sprite, everything else is awful. Fuck, just look at the hand on the bottom right.
Also XY doesn't just "stand there", you know it has other animations when attacking and shit, right?
>>
File: cofagrigus_halloween.png (352 KB, 516x486) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus_halloween.png
352 KB, 516x486
>>26563427
Look again bro, the arms are not "stiff", that's just your biased imagination. The top-left arm is slightly waving with a pseudo-3D effect, and the top-right arm is squashing and stretching. Only the bottom arms may look stiff to anyone else but that observation is rendered moot because all arms sink in and out of the coffin. That, to you, is apparently being stiff.

>the whole sprite looks like it was cut with those scissors that cut in zig zags.

Oh, okay, (You) got me good with this bait. Otherwise I'd say you've never played a fucking 2D game before and have never seen how pixel sprites work.

>>26563878
Nice opinions, I bet you think I'm a unovabortion, or something along those lines. Put aside your dumb as fuck hateboner for Gen V, if you knew more about Cofagrigus you'd understand why he's menacing. It kidnaps robbers who think they're trying to steal treasure from a sarcophagus, just seeing it hide itself in and out puts it all into persepective. So being more lively is being "retarded"? I can play the biased namecalling too: The Gen VI Cofagrigus model looks fucking retarded, it's face is shrunk in, it just stands there, and it looks desaturated.

>>26563899
I guess Game Freak is just incompetent then, WOW WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE! Mario & Luigi games have whacky enemies that have spastic idle animations and they transition just fine. Get some fucking perspective.

>>26564203
Who gives a shit about the hand on the bottom-right? Do you have such intense autism that you can't look at a whole sprite objectively and have to nitpick incessantly about every little thing?

I once said to myself that I wouldn't argue with Kalosperms ever again, buuuuut here I am.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.