[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GSC or HG/SS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gsc.jpg (119 KB, 1024x548) Image search: [Google]
gsc.jpg
119 KB, 1024x548
GSC or HG/SS?
>>
>>26558003
Easily HGSS. It added so much more while keeping the original content, and making the game so much better. I'd go a step further and say that HGSS are the two best games in the series, and with Sacred Gold and Storm Silver, it gets even better. I prefer SS over HG, though, because I can get my favs Ursaring, Ninetales, Kabutops, and Swalot.
>>
>>26558003
The only reason to play the originals is nostalgia
>>
>>26558003
GSC. I don't like Gen 4's engine.
>>
>>26558787
I'm guessing SG and SS are "all mon without trading" romhacks? Also when I played DPPt I thought the battles were somewhat slow, is that better in HGSS?
>>
>>26558866
Yeah, SG and SS are that kind of hack, but it also makes the game much harder and makes absolute shite Pokémon actually usable and fun, like Corsola and Farfetch'd. They're by the same maker of Blaze Black and Volt White. I honestly never had a problem with the battle speed, but I can definitely say in SG and SS they are sped up, if that is too slow for you. There is also Pokemon Flawless Platinum which does similar changes to Platinum, speeding up battles, changing Pokemon, and making it possible to actually get them all in game.
>>
>>26558787
everything this man said is true.
>>
>>26558925
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check out SG and SS and probably will end up playing FP. I might come out with a more positive opinion of Sinnoh.

I've got nothing else, if nobody wants to make this into a Johto General or something I'll probably just delete the thread in a few minutes.
>>
HGSS is an improvement in every way. What is there not to love?
>>
>>26558974
They also make a few type changes, so be sure to look at the change log! In FP Ninetales is a ghost/ fire type, Arbok is a Poison Dark, and Blastoise is water/ steel, and in SGSS, Venomoth is bug/ psychic, Farfetch'd is flying/ fighting, and Luxray is electric/ dark. FP is made by a different hacker so it will have some differing changes. Have fun!
>>
GSC. Some of this is admittedly Nostalgia, it was always my favourite. But I do not like some of the redesigns (Silver, Sabrina), and the translation felt oddly flat/stiff to me. When a GBC translation has more charm than a modern one, I'm a bit concerned... it's the first main Pokemon game(s) that felt like that to me, it was really strange. I like some of the additions sure, but overall I prefer GSC much more and have more fun replaying it.

Acting as if HGSS existing makes GSC obsolete is disregarding that there are things one could validly prefer about GSC over HGSS, and that HGSS has flaws.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.