[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jynx is a racist stereotype and changing its skin color to purple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Jynx is a racist stereotype and changing its skin color to purple only exemplifies the subtle and institutional racism that exists in the creation of this pokemon. and ice type? really? unbelievable. Gamefreak needs to remove this from the pokedex in Sun and Moon. who else agrees?
>>
what is racist about ice type?
>>
>>26557876
OPKJGDOWAEV FE
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 244x221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 244x221
>>26557876
I thought Jinx was based off of that Japanese trend were girls dressed up as African Americans.

They fucking love black getto culture for god knows what reason.
>>
File: 61543041.jpg (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
61543041.jpg
87 KB, 400x400
>>26557884
>>
Imagine if Jynx gets a wicked tan in Pokemon Sun and goes back to being black.
>>
>>26557884
black ice is bad in real life
>>
They will give it a mega where the only thing that changes is the face color into white.
>>
>>26557917
Black ice iscreally bad in real life. Wew black ice? Even the name scares me. You know i was headed to the bank the othet day to make a withdraw qnd wouldnt you know it black ice just snuck up on me and i found myself on the floor. Terrible black ice.
>>
>>26557876
Low quality bait.

Regardless of Jynx's actual origins, it does resemble black face representations. The change of it's skin to purple did help it shed the resemblance a tad, but either way Jynx is still a really ugly pokemon.
>>
>>26557992
But is she useful?
>>
>>26558002
Considering she's NU, no.
>>
>>26558002
>bottom 5 defensive typing
>no physical bulk
>95 speed
not worth it

>>26557992
exactly
>>
>>26557876
>all countries have the same ideas of race as America
>therefore it's okay to impose our standards on those of others

cultural relativists 0
whig historians +1
>>
>>26558087
Interesting. Cultural relativism tends to be a post-modernist thing.
>>
>>26557909

ganguro girls, and i'm not sure i'd call it "dressing as niggers"
>>
But what you're all not considering, is a Jynx blowjob.
>>
>>26557978
Fucking black ice that forms on the road, fuckface
>>
>>26557909
You're right, it is
still racist though
>>
>>26558428
Good job sherlock
>>
It's also part psychic, so there goes that idea. Black people aren't smart.
>>
Gamefreak already caved to the demands of the masses by making Jynx purple instead of black. They can't remove her from the pokedex though. No Pokemon is to be removed from the pokedex, otherwise you can't really "catch 'em all", now can you?

In any case, it would have been nice if she didn't have so much fucking controversy around her. Maybe Gamefreak might have given her an evolution in 4th gen along with the other two in her trio, if they weren't trying to shove her under the rug.
>>
Was it a trend for blacks to die their hair blonde in america or something
>>
>>26561255
>He's never heard of Mrs. Cleo
>>
Jynx looks nothing like a real life human. Honestly it's the americans who were racist enough to see a nigger in jynx.
>>
People that are quick to cry racism are idiots. These people don't know anything about other cultures but their own, true ignorance. Had they known about Japanese ganguro fashion, yuki-onna, or nordic princesses, they'd see that Jynx bears nothing in common with Black people. I loved Jynx as a kid, and I'm Black. It was a Pokemon that literally looked like a human. I thought it was a legendary or something.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ4zhEfjXqA
>>
File: 1436661943784.jpg (16 KB, 240x237) Image search: [Google]
1436661943784.jpg
16 KB, 240x237
As a kid I never saw it as racist and didn't even notice when they first changed it. In fact when I did notice it, I had to look up why they changed it because it made no sense to me
>>
File: soap.jpg (11 KB, 236x167) Image search: [Google]
soap.jpg
11 KB, 236x167
>>26561371
it happens occasionally

>>26561429
>>26561533
whatever their intentions were, pokemon is an internationally exported product and jynx was not going to fly no matter what we may already know about ganguro/yuki-onna/nord princesses
>>
>>26557876
Jynx was cooler when it was a mouth and eyes floating in a void
>>
>>26564590
purple gives it a frostbite element that suits it well
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.