[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exp. Share should be a built in feature from the start in all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 20160518_144458.jpg (40 KB, 172x203) Image search: [Google]
20160518_144458.jpg
40 KB, 172x203
Exp. Share should be a built in feature from the start in all Pokemon games. You're lying if you say grinding is better.
>>
I agree. Difficulty should come from AI battle tactics and the amount of NPCs per route, that and they should make it so the NPCs actually have threatening levels. Grinding is awful.
>>
>>26556773
Game Freak needs to actually balance the game around it first.
>>
>>26556806
>>
>>26556806
>Difficulty should come from AI battle tactics

Counterpoint: the games need to be beatable by children. A child may not be able to figure out AI battle tactics, but they can certainly understand having a higher level than the opponent. I'm not saying that grinding should be necessary, but it should be a viable tactic for someone who wants to advance in the game without understanding the mechanics in the level of detail that we do. Tactics-based difficulty is fun, but should be saved for post-game and other optional areas.
>>
>>26556773
Beating the game underleveled is not a thing?
>>
>>26556773
i only like it for completing dex (evolving mons etc)
>>
>>26556806

This Rutile Ruby run is 100% accurate to what you're saying. In having so much fun.
>>
File: not okay.jpg (38 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
not okay.jpg
38 KB, 400x310
>>26556899
>Tactics-based difficulty should be saved for post-game
>>
>>26557004

Correct. That provides a balance between challenge for experienced players and accessibility for young or inexperienced ones.

Of course, a possibly superior alternative would be to incorporate variable difficulty levels (like in BW2 but affecting AI skill rather than levels). But we all know the likelihood of that happening.
>>
If exp pokemon in general were nerfed, I'd be really okay with the exp. share new mechanic.
>>
>>26557100
>affecting AI skill rather than levels
why not both?
>>
>>26556773

Am I the only person who never has to grind without using the EXP share...?

Or are people forgetting what Grinding means? Grinding would be battling wild encounters to get EXP, something you have never had to do in 6 generations of Pokemon if you aren't shit.
>>
>>26557118

Well that's certainly fine too. I was just responding to the point that difficulty should derive from tactics, not level. But yeah, both is cool also.
>>
>>26557100
Sadly, Pokémon barely even has a post-game.

I think that we should throw everyone into the thick of it and go from there. I remember playing the bastard hard Ghouls 'n Ghosts as a kid, and I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>26557124
You have to grind if you want a party of your favorite Pokémon to all be at the same level.

You don't have to grind if you want to sweep through with your starter.
>>
>>26557152
Children have easy access to easier games though. Don't pretend that you didn't only play difficult games because that was all there was.
>>
>>26557169
You don't, though. I always level everyone evenly and never grind. Just fighting every trainer gets you properly leveled up. That's not grinding.
>>
who gives a shit if the game is to easy.
I just play to battle online,
story a shit.
>>
>>26557204
The worst.
>>
You don't need to grind to have an easy time in any Pokemon game, period. If you do you are a retard or a child.
>>
>>26556773
It's Pokemon you never need to grind.
>>
>>26557204
SHUN THIS MAN!
>>
>>26556773
Maybe just balance it so that I'm not crazy over leveled by the time I get to the next gym then.
>>
>>26557204
Disgusting.
>>
>>26556773
holy shit someone else likes A Hat in Time what is UP
>>
>>26557204
next level trainer
>>
>>26557202
I could do that in any Pokémon game right now and safely state that if you evenly raise your team and also run from most of the random encounters, you WILL end up under-leveled by the time you reach the league, even earlier in games like FR/LG.
>>
>>26557557
ORAS must have been perfectly balanced then, because I never once turned the exp share on and I was never underleveled.

Come to think of it, that thing is entirely useless in ORAS Not needes for the main game, and Blissey bases make it useless in the postgame.
>>
>>26557204
basically this
the single player will never offer a satisfactory challenge
>>
>>26557169
>You have to grind if you want a party of your favorite Pokémon

No you don't. Just put the exp share (the pre-ge 6 non retarded broken one) and just fight trainers as normal.

The people who defend the new exp share because M-MUH GRINDING IS HARD are either just shit at the game or they're those autists that somehow NEED their Pokemon to be 5 levels above every NPC. You never needed to grind in pre-gen 6 games.
>>
>>26557204
this is true for X/Y.

That's why I enjoy black 2 so much, it has the opposite problem, great game, but no online (anymore)
>>
>>26557202
>>26557634
Well I'm guessing that you guys never tried to incorporate a lower level Pokémon into your team halfway through the game.
>>
>>26557612
ORAS had a much better balance than XY, that's for sure. I remember using the Exp. Share for a time just to keep levels consistent then turning it off for the rest of the game once my Armaldo was leveling a lot faster than the other members of the team.
>>
>>26557686
I have. And it's not a problem. Especially in BW where weaker Pokemon get a shit ton of exp.

Jesus fuck, I never realized how there are so many people here who are terrible at pokemon. I bet you are the same faggots going on about how earlier generations weren't more casualized.
>>
>>26557652
I never played Black 2 until Wi-Fi was already dead and it still became my favorite Pokémon game. So good.
>>
File: 1451686675120.png (308 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451686675120.png
308 KB, 400x400
>>26557520
Waiting for a release date.
>>
File: Iv8cJ72[1].png (135 KB, 1210x160) Image search: [Google]
Iv8cJ72[1].png
135 KB, 1210x160
>>26557799
Soon. I suspect they're waiting on the announcement of YL's release date, so that they can release after it. Or something.

Maybe we'll get deets sometime around e3, who knows.
>>
>>26556773
Is that Hat Kid? It's always a nice surprise to remember that game is actually still being worked on and hasn't been lost.
>>
>>26556773
I like the new Exp. Share but it becomes pointless when the trainers have such low levels and shitty AI. It has the makings of a good system, it just needs to actually be balanced. And Pokemon will never be a difficult game no matter how much autists bitch and moan. But it shouldn't be as easy as Gen 6 was either.
>>
>>26557957
If they do tweak it, An option to set it to the old way it worked would be nice too.
How in the holy fuck can I use the current one to let a weaker Pokémon catch up if everyone is still getting exp?
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x350
>>26557204
Plz No
>>
>>26556899

BW/B2W2 was a thing yet no one got buttblasted because of muh child-friendly game
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.