[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Game for Newcomer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1458169410464.jpg (475 KB, 1100x1550) Image search: [Google]
1458169410464.jpg
475 KB, 1100x1550
My half brother is turning eight in a couple of days and I know he's getting a 2DS for his birthday. I was wondering what you anons thought would be better between XY and ORAS for a complete beginner? Thanks frens
>>
HG/SS
>>
>>26556306
You would've been better advised to wait.
>>
>>26556306
X/Y have a huge Pokémon selection and are very beginner friendly. Definitely go for that.
>>
>>26556314
///////ttthhhhrrreeeeaaaadddd
>>
>>26556306
why not try a spin-off game first? They have less hand holding are usually medium low difficulty and have moments where you just want to explode of proudness. pokemon ranger or mystery dungeon are good choices
>>
>>26556361
Thanks for actually being helpful, exactly what I was originally thinking.
>>
>>26556314
>slow
>Johtomons
>everything looks the same
The game doesn't even get good until you're done with Ecruteak. The kid will drop it before they reach the second gym.
>>
>>26556306
XY in terms of beginner friendliness and difficulty, very hand holding.
BW1 for a true Pokemon experience without all the aids and hand holding
>>
>>26556520
Now anon, I love BW, but that's not true in the slightest.
>>
>>26556544
After playing Gen 6 exclusively since XY's release then going back to replay BW1 was a pretty big reminder of how Pokemon games used to be before Gen6. Much less forgiving
>>
>>26556591
It's still one of the most handholdy games in the franchise, though. You just don't get free shit crammed into your hands every town.
>>
>>26556306
Coliseum or XD
>>
>>26556645
lel that won't even play on a portable lmao nice!!! XD
>>
>>26556645
>XD
fuck off summerfag
>>
>>26556306
Either one is good. Oras brings more materials to train, but X/Y got a good variety of pokemon and the friend safari for hidden abilities, though oras has the Nav for that part too

>>26556645
>Gale of Darkness
GO FUCK YOURSELF!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.