[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ghost the most useless type of pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1284333045830.jpg (70 KB, 426x348) Image search: [Google]
1284333045830.jpg
70 KB, 426x348
Is Ghost the most useless type of pokemon?
>>
File: Näyttökuva_(9).png (96 KB, 721x478) Image search: [Google]
Näyttökuva_(9).png
96 KB, 721x478
>>26552068
>>
>>26552068
Ever since Knock Off got buffed and Mega Lopunny happened, yeah.
>>
>>26552068
Anon, normal type isn't good against anything
>>
>>26552068
It's the one I want to like the most but has less practical use when compared to a Dark type. I still love a few of their designs (Haunter, Duskull, Chendelure, and Trevenent.)

I don't play competitive so I only think about their use in single player. While a ghost can fight other ghosts with risk and psychic types, a dark type can fight ghosts with little damage to them and psychics which they're immune to.
>>
>>26552068
No, Ghost is pretty broken.

Ghost + Fighting is perfect coverage. Fortunately, the only Ghost Pokemon that can pull this off well enough is Gengar. It's what makes it so good.

You hear people complaining about stall while Gengar can literally solo stall. Chandelure can too. Ghosts are the reason stallfags use shit like Banded Weavile and Scarf Tyranitar occasionally to trap them, so they don't get swept.
>>
File: tumblr_moq2k1FsJM1qibrzbo1_500.gif (998 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moq2k1FsJM1qibrzbo1_500.gif
998 KB, 500x390
I only run ghosts and I find them more than awesome. Sableye, Aegislash, and Mega Gengar are my bread and butter. I run gourgeist for trick or treat and will'owisp support in doubles too.
>>
Better than Normal and Grass.
>>
>>26552232
Actually neither of those trappers are popularly used for ghost types famu :)
>>
>>26552068
If Mega Gengar weren't banned, you wouldn't be saying this.
>>
>>26552068
>saying this shit when gengar and aegislash exist

Just be glad gamefreak is never gonna give a ghost type outside of sableye Recover
>>
>>26552296
Are you meming or just really out of the loop? Those sets are common. In the most recent OU 1825 stats, ~48% of Weavile were Banded.

If you're trying to make some point about the rarity of Ghost types in OU, citing Gengar still validates my claim.
>>
>>26552758
Not him but you have little to no reason to run band on weavile to ko a gengar. Pretty damn sure everything short oras be ice shard ohkos gengar
>>
>>26552944
*everything short of ice shard.*
What in the fuck phone
>>
Ghost as an offensive typing is beautiful.
You have near-perfect neutral coverage with only your Ghost stab. If you have something to deal with Normal and (infinitely more importantly) Dark types, then you're good to go.
>>
File: 00.jpg (28 KB, 329x400) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
28 KB, 329x400
>>26552236
>>
Ghost and Psychic are the best types, fuck Dark types.
>>
>>26552944
It's not me running it, but it's part of an established team that people copy/paste.
>>
Ghost as a mono type is pretty worthless. They have some fun gimmicks, but the extent of them are curved out of the meta by stuff like knock off or just better alternatives.

Bug types are worse so is ice. Is there an ice bug?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.