[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 456x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 456x359
I'll start.

I like Hoenn
>>
>>26550840
I don't like gardevoir
I like maractus
>>
>I think Roothoot was cute
>I appreciate all the generations equally, even with their flaws
>>
>>26550840
Me too.
>>
Blaziken, Gardevoir and Zoroark are the ugliest Pokémon.
>>
File: 338.jpg (94 KB, 717x954) Image search: [Google]
338.jpg
94 KB, 717x954
I like Meganium.
>>
Charizard, Lucario, and Blaziken are my least favorite pokemon.
>>
>>26550911
Just because they are overrated right?
>>
I hate Blaziken because its disproportional body.
Those legs looks like synthetical
>>
I don't think there's a single Pokemon that is irredeemably awful.

I also think that ORAS was a decent game. Not the best, but really not the horrorshow that /vp/ acts like it is.
>>
These pokemons deserve their own game series and anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a troll
>>
Hoenn is great, megas are not that bad, all the gens are good and bad in their own way, people can have different opinions from mine
>>
>>26550922
Keldeo
>>
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire sucked
No battle frontier = trash
They should have learned after X and Y
>>
I don't like boys
>>
I think all of the games are fun.

I think all of the Pokemon have okay or better designs except two.

I think all of the regions are great.

I think all of the mega evolutions, at least from an aesthetic perspective, are good or better (yes, including spikodactyl, lightningboltric, and fabsolous).

Why this series causes anyone anything more than minor frustration at worst, will eternally boggle my mind.
>>
>>26550840
That's very popular.
>>26550846
Ok, I'll give you that.
>>26550851
I feel this way.
>>
I don't like Black and White.
I like ORAS.
>>
I don't like Pokemon
>>
>>26550856
That's just mean.
>>26550911
Just like that.
>>26550918
No.
>>26550919
Learn English please.
>>26550926
Eh, I could see it.
>>26550933
This! Definitely this!
>>
Lopunny and Braixen are disgusting abominations that can only be loved by disgusting people.
>>
>>26550934
It's goofy, but I wouldn't remove it. It's someone's favorite, somewhere out there.
>>
>>26551019
OP said unpopular opinions, not bait opinions.
>>
>>26550918
I don't like their designs
>>
I liked XY.
>>
>>26551029
No. It's made for the fuckin bronies and shouldn't exist in my pokemons
>>
I love single stage Pokemon and I wish we had a lot more of them
>>
i like keldeo.
i don't like blaziken nor do i understand it's appeal.
>>
>>26551030
I'm not trying to bait anybody. You can't possibly like those two pokemon without being some kind of sick degenerate.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 245x300
>>26551014
>>26550950
>>
I can like all the generations because of their unique features
>>
>>26550851
>implying this isn't popular as fuck
>>
I think Kilnk, Klang and Klinklang are well designed pokemon.
>>
Lucario is one of my favourite Pokémon.

My Top 5 is top-class edge shit, consisting of Zekrom, Yveltal, Lucario, Zoroark and AZ-Floette.

Gen 5 is my favourite generation (not unpopular here I know, but literally everywhere else it is)

OR/AS are some of my favourite games to date.

I don't hate Garbodor and Vanilliuxe (though I still hate Amoongus).

I hate Lunaala's design.

I hate the Mega Evolution concept with a passion, due to the lack of lore and explanation on how the fuck that shit works in reverse.

I hate about 90% of all Mega Evolutions' designs (they aren't even good enough to be called "evolutions", some barely even change AT ALL).

I genuinely believe we'll be getting Pokémon Z before Generation 7 is over.

I genuinely believe there are 5 Zygardes and they'll bring back the fusion mechanic from BW2.

I don't really like any of the Gen 1 fully evolved starters.

I think Greninja's design is disgusting.
>>
>>26551019
The anime made me love Braixen due to her bright personality and eccentric dancing style.
>>
aromatisse is my favorite fairy-type pokemon.
>>
>>26550933
This.
>>26550944
This.
>>26551019
Cancer.
>>26551030
Exactly!

I love Vanillish. I hope Politoed dies. I would be a Lucario trainer, I love it so much. Megas are great.
>>
There was nothing wrong with the Gen 1 pandering in X/Y, since any free Pokemon you don't want can just be boxed.
>>
>>26550926
>Uxie with her eyes open

REEEEEE
>>
Diantha is my favorite champion. She had no plot relevance, and she didn't have some superpower team like Cynthia did, but the Audrey Hepburn movie star motif was a fun and super cute/beautiful choice. I do find her choice in Pokemon suitable too, with an exception to Hawlucha.
>>
>>26550840
I hate Pikachu
>>
>>26550840
I like megaevolution.
>>
>>26551203
wrong place senpai
>>
>>26551014

>He did a mistake, time to feel superior to him
Fuck off de, eng isn't even my first language.
>>
>>26550840
That's not an unpopular opinion, you worthless moron.
>>
>>26551169
Yes, Braixen and Lopunny are most certainly cancer among the Pokemon franchise and bring in cancerous people into the fandom. I'm glad you agree.
>>
The best pokemon game made so far is Pokemon Light Platinum
>>
>>26550935
That's not unpopular. But you are horribly wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20160527_195835.jpg (989 KB, 3328x1872) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_195835.jpg
989 KB, 3328x1872
>>26550840
People seem to unanimously like the Gen 6 trainer classes the most but each region has great classes to me, despite not all of then having Sugi art.
>>
Hoenn starter are my least favorite group of starters, Trecko line try to hard to be a grass version of the Charmander line, Mudkipe line is a bit bland, for me the line is basically "what if Quagsire was a starter" and I just don't like Blaziken design.
>>
i fucking hate gen 2 with all of my hatred!!!!!!!! imagine carpet nuking johto.
>>
I may have my favorites, but I like all generations and games to an extent. Having said that, Odd numbered Gens > Even numbered Gens, with I and II being the exception.

Iris and Wallace aren't even bad champions. Diantha is, but that's not an unpopular opinion.

I don't like Megas, not because they're overpowered, but because I hate the concept in the first place. Having said that, I really like the Primals and Mega Fug, them having these powerful forms makes a lot of sense according to their lore. Certainly a lot more than something like Mewtwo. I don't care that they're overpowered. I LIKE that fact, actually. Beastly legendaries like that are supposed to be disgustingly powerful.

Having said that, I don't care at all for competitive, the meta or "balance" in the games.

Pokémon is the only Nintendo franchise I'm even remotely interested in and I wish they were on another console, so I could drop Nintendo for good.
>>
>>26550840
Sinnoh has the best starters overall (minus the gen 7 starters, since I haven't seen the final evolutions)

I dislike all gen 3 pokemon, with only like 10 exceptions. Flygon and Salamence are boring
>>
HGSS are my favourites, partly down to the pokeathlon
>>
>>26550840
>Unpopular Opinion

ok

sinnoh >= unova > johto >= kalos > hoenn > kanto
and before anyone says something stupid I started with red
>>
Rowlet is extremely overrated.
Pikachu is only as popular as it is because it's the mascot.
Megas aren't as bad as a lot of /vp/ makes them out to be.
While the Mystery Dungeon games are fun, they're nowhere near as good as the main games.
>>
>>26551338
I doubt that's an unpopular opinion, but good taste anyway.
HGSS aren't my favorite games, but the Pokéthlon is buy far the best "side minigame" they ever had, followed by Pokéstar Studios.
>>
Not dumping the starters (or keeping them for HM slavery) ASAP is as 11-year old kid as it gets
>>
>>26551350
I second this ranking
>>
Sun/moon aren't worth buying now that the games have actual human proportions. Ruined, dropped, I'll just replay SS.
>>
I love Blaziken's design. He's my favorite Gen 3 mon.
>>
>>26550840
here's an unpopular opinion for you.

'I belong to a fandom and /don't/ think there are actual unpopular opinions'

grow up, the Pokemon fanbase isn't three people.
>>
>>26551189
>her
>>
>>26551279
Literally what was good about ORAS?

What would you get from ORAS That's not in RS?
>>
I wish there were more underwater episodes/scenes in the anime.
>>
>>26550840
Popillo is the best starter for gen 7
>>
Also, Mega Slowbro's concept has good logic to back it up, even if it's design is less than stellar.
>>
>>26550840
Glalie is one of my favorite pokemon
>>
>>26551577
the graphics?
the dexnav?
the new secret bases?
the new contests?
soaring? mirage spots?
fairy type and mega evolutions

are you stupid?
>>
>>26551577
Not him but
>removing dexnav
I wouldn't touch breeding or shiny chaining with a stick if it wasn't that easy now. Pokeradar was shit in comparison and RS didn't even have that.
>>
>>26550840
Is hating Sinnoh because it's long-winded and boring still popular?
>>
>>26551611
>>26551624
Fuck I should have reworded that. what new things did it add to the region like Sevii Islands or the extra routes in HGSS plus safari zone

I love the dex nav+soaring don't get me wrong

But mirage spots, contests and secret bases were already in there

But no shit they would update current game system. Also fuck ORAS by making you buy it if you wanted to compete competitively.
>>
I had hopes that Pokemon Z could have salvaged Kalos, but I am fine with moving on to Sun/Moon.

OR/AS was alright in its own right, but not as good remakes as HG/SS were to G/S.

I don't miss Pokemon following you too much.

I hate when nostalgiafags act high and mighty about Gens 1-2 being the pinnacle of the series.
>>
Hoopa Unbound is one of the best designed legendaries.
>>
>>26551681
Different anon, but Mirage Spots weren't there, though. Mirage Island was a completely different thing in functionality.

The spots are there for you to get new pokémon, much like HGSS's safari zone. Mirage Island was there for... uh.. a Liechi Berry?
>>
I like every mainline game to some extent.

BW1 are the least good games, but BW2 are the best.

DP isn't even bad at all. Platinum is still an improvement in nearly every department, but the only actual flaws with DP are the surf speed, and that the regional dex leaves some to be desired.

HGSS are better games than GSC, but they kill the heart and soul of the originals when it comes to presentation.

ORAS was disappointing because it could've been so much more, but they're still better games than the original RS and at least on par with Emerald overall. They also did a better job at carrying the spirit of RSE than HGSS did GSC while actually succeeding at making new additions that fit with the spirit of the originals.

FRLG is the only remake that didn't fuck something up.
>>
File: 9b5d7a4ea6a3f0671b17ae4eac84a839.jpg (648 KB, 2017x1935) Image search: [Google]
9b5d7a4ea6a3f0671b17ae4eac84a839.jpg
648 KB, 2017x1935
>>26551752
>but they kill the heart and soul of the originals when it comes to presentation

tehehehe
>>
Dark type is just a shittier Ghost.
>>
>>26551235
No, the don't.
>>
>>26550894
>>26551041
>>26551087
>>26551118
Agree on Garbodor and Vanilluze (and Greninja)
>>26551288

agreed
>>
>>26551004
Why are you on this board, then?
>>
I like gen 6.
>>
>>26550840
I think Destiny Deoxys and the Hoopa movie are shit.
>>
>>26551973
Destiny Deoxys is universally agreed to be one of the worst movies.
>>
>>26552017
If so, then I'll say here it's my second favorite Pokemon movie.

The AG movie visual style props it up a lot though.
>>
>>26552017
Wh-

I loved Destiny Deoxys. When did this happen?
>>
>>26552017
Of the ones I've seen (up to Giritina) the lucario one is the weakest I feel
>>
Gen IV is my favorite gen and I think the legendaries were great. Lake Trio is better than Regis and Kanto birds by a long shot.
>>
>>26552036
>>26552039
>>26552046
I'm not sure if it's a recent thing, but when I see people discussing the movies, be it in forums or random fags making youtube lists, almost everyone puts Destiny Deoxys in one of the last places, along with the Manphy and Arceus one.
The Lucario movie seems to be pretty loved, by the way.
>>
>>26552120
Manaphy movie had its moments. I wasn't a fan of the Arceus one at all and the only part of the Lucario one that I liked were the Regis.
>>
>>26552120
>lucario loved in jewtube and normie forums/facebook groups
boo hoo what a surprise
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 500x385
>>26552103
>Lake Trio is better than Regis and Kanto birds by a long shot.
>>
I don't want to catch them all
>>
>>26552120
>>26552141
>>26552148
How do the reshiram and zekrom hold up? Sounds an odd concept like that
>>
>>26552103
I think the Lake Trio are cute, but I still like the Regis and Musketeers more.
>>
I'm okay with the shift to 3D. X&Y were only okay but the few new pokes it had were all solid. I think it will be going up hill from gen 6.
>>
>>26550846
This is a very good opinion
>>
The Vanillite and Trubbish line are very cute and creative. I can't wrap my head around the thought of people hating a cute ice cream cone.
>>
>>26552457
I don't get the hate for trubbish, it was basically just like koffing and grimer
>>
>>26552410
I think the shift to 3D itself was great and SM is taking the next step up. I love the general visual style they went with too. The only problem is the framerate, but outside of triples/rotation and when 3D is on, it's fine enough.
>>
>>26552468
Me neither, it's very well-designed and cute in an ugly sort of way
>>
I'm a Kantokid and Gen III is my favorite.
I also think the DS games were bad and loved Gen VI
>>
>>26552792
I agree about not caring about difficulty and all your points with boxing shit and EXP Share, but there's nothing wrong with wanting difficulty options.
>>
>>26550840
Lilligant is the cutest pokemon
>>
File: 1438315826031.png (2 MB, 1440x1664) Image search: [Google]
1438315826031.png
2 MB, 1440x1664
- I like Gen 6 and my favourite starter from that game is Chespin.
- My favourite Pokemon is Meganium.

>>26550894
My cholo.
>>
>>26550840
I dislike Gen V no matter how good anyone on /vp/ claims.

I don't hate it, I just greatly dislike it.
>>
>>26552836
Why anon?
>>
>>26552792
That's all fine and good, but what about the underleveled trainers/gym leaders/elite 4? The terrible opponent AI? There is a lot more to it than you think.
>>
>>26552856
The AI's actually gotten better every generation, and if things are underleveled, turn off the EXP Share, they won't be anymore.

A better complaint would be weak movepools or lack of held items.
>>
>>26550840

pokemon is about having fun, not about being a stat autist

also beedrill best pokemon
>>
>>26550840
I don't mind baby Pokemon at all. Munchlax and Budew are pretty cute.
The Regis are absolute garbage and they'd be at the bottom of the barrel if Genies didn't exist.
Ho-Oh > Lugia.
Hoopa-C > Hoopa-U.
>>
>>26552847
I tunneled vision for the team I wanted since most Pokemon were lackluster (more-so than Gen II) and couldn't even properly experiment due to how bad most of them were.

N was relatively annoying with his rants about "MUH IDEALS! MUH WARUDO!" and both Bianca and Cheren were mediocre rivals.

Ghestis was the only real difficult part I struggled with in B/W since he did sweep my entire team a few times if I recollect, while N and everyone else was a cakewalk.

Watchog was a severe downgrade for the games regional HM Slave compared to gen IVs Bibarel who had much more flexibility with the fact it could learn Surf.

I won't deny that the sequels were an improvement, and I enjoyed them more than the first two, but the lack of a completed Kyurem makes me saltier than the dead sea.
>>
>>26550840
I think people who complain about how piss easy Gen 6 games were are fucking hypocrites.

They complained for years about how grinding for experience was a pain in the ass and how breeding the perfect specimen was difficult as all hell, then GF gives it to them to only then complain about how easy it was.

They can all eat shit.
>>
>>26552885
I've never played with exp share or megas, they are still underleveled and dont pose a challenge. Next you're going to tell me not to fight every trainer, right? The game has problems, face it.
>>
>>26552885
Even the movepools are miles ahead of anything gens 1 to 3 threw at you.

>>26552998
They're no more underleveled than in other games. The biggest problem is the revamped EXP system giving you a lot more exp that you should get.

It's gotten to the point that playing on Set is actually easier than on Shift due to all the exp you get from switching.
>>
>>26551869
Because i hate myself
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 275x183
>>26553050
>>
I love the Chespin line and Quilladin instantly captured my heart.

I could care less for the models of Gen VI looking washed-out. We got 3D models and that's all that matters to me.

Roothoot and those final evos leaks a shit.
>>
I fucking hate HG/SS and I prefer ORAS.I just really,really despise those games.

Also,I never cared about the "pokemon following you" thing.I rarely paid attention to this "cool" new feature.
>>
>>26553134
I can agree with the second one. It's a nice feature, but the circlejerk around it is ridiculous.

IMO, Amie was better at the whole "bonding" feature.
>>
Mega pokemon is a great concept
>>
>>26550840
I think the designs of Zygarde and Hoopa "real" forms where a mistake.

I like the designs in a general sesne but I don't feel they're in keeping with Pokemon.

I also feel Zygardes forms should have all been snake/worm/reptile like and that the dog outta no where was a mistake
>>
File: Hawk.png (7 KB, 391x321) Image search: [Google]
Hawk.png
7 KB, 391x321
I think Mega Evolution is an extremely unfitting mechanic to be introduced in Pokemon despite the great diversity it added to the conpetitive scene.

Every region has great comfortable and adventerous atmosphere except Kanto. Sevii Islands were a great inprovement though. Essentially this >>26551350 but that does not stand for what I feel are the best games.

I love the Pokemon Ranger series despite not playing Guardian Signs and feel implementing an overworld like that of Shadows of Almia into the main game is an extremely missed Opportunity. Imagine riding Doduos, climbing vines and hills, or burning logs.

Emerald is my favorite game and I don't think it's worth my time playing ORAS except maybe to see Archie again but he and Team Aqua has seemingly been flanderized as fuck.

I love the evolutions and pre evolutions introduced in Sinnoh.

Trunpets made the Hoenn soundtrack godlike.
>>
>>26554851
Redesigns aside, I feel Aqua/Magma are better motivation and characterization wise in ORAS.
>>
>>26554889
I don't know why but Maxie and Archie left me feeling some sort of affection for them. They were a cool pair of villains. If I ever do get an ORAS game I hope they're still bro tier. Archie especially.
>>
>>26554851
>>26554889
Better characterization for pretty much everyone is one of ORAS's strong points, actually.
>>
File: 600px-479Rotom.png (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-479Rotom.png
135 KB, 600x600
>>26550840

I still rate Diamond/Pearl higher than Black/White.
>>
>>26551752
>FRLG is the only remake that didn't fuck something up.

Unable to get Scizor, Crobat, Kingdra or Steelix before the National Dex isn't a fuck up?
>>
>>26555271
Not him, but that's a pretty minor thing, didn't bother me one bit.

I will say that it's not like there's a lot you can even fuck up when you change so little.
>>
>>26555271
I've honestly seen more people complain about the evolutions being available in HGSS and ORAS than not in FRLG, even if they're just nostalgiafags.

Personally, I don't find it an issue.
>>
>>26550840 I don't hate Garbodor and Vanilliuxe and i like Oshawott,In fact gen V is one of my favs is pokemon design
>>
>>26555067
This senpai. I may shit on it but it really made the story better.
>>
UU is the worst tier. Yes, even worse than OU.
>>
File: Sweet Tea Keem.png (35 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Tea Keem.png
35 KB, 276x276
>>26551203
You mean Pikaqiu, right?
>>
XY are my favorite pokemon games. I don't understand why /vp/ hates them so much.
>>
>>26550840
XY > HGSS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Julie deserves to be in-game
>>
I have the hoenn map glued to my wall.
My computer backgrounds are screen shot of May and Brandon riding their bicycle while looking at latias and latios. I have several mudkip and swampert plushies. I really love the RSE manga and I really love hoenn
>>
I love the DexNav, hope it becomes a staple.

However I can't bring myself to like the 3D. I want my sprites back.

>inb4 this isn't unpopular

i know
>>
>>26551554

This isn't unpopular. Otherwise, Blaziken wouldn't be in Pokken.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.