[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/ when did you first realise that the Pokemon franchise was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x636) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x636
/vp/ when did you first realise that the Pokemon franchise was declining?

For me it was when poison stopped dealing over world damage in gen V.
>>
>>26550671
When my main source of enjoyment became shitposting on /vp/.
>>
It isn't, but the fanbase sure is.
>>
>>26550671
For me it was when the final stages of the Gen V starters were all shit.
>>
>>26550718

Pretty much this. The games are consistently improving, or at least not declining. The fanbase, however, is getting whinier and more entitled each time. Fewer and fewer people seem able to just play the games and have fun with them for what they are.
>>
>>26550671
When Day/Night was removed in gen 3
>>
>gf gets rid of useless, annoying feature
>THE GAMES ARE GOING DOWNHILL REEEEEE
>>
>>26550941
>walking pokémon fags in a nutshell
>>
>>26550671
When contests were replaced with musicals in Unova.
>>
>>26550671
Gen 2.
I thought it was worth saving until I saw fucking gen 3 and it's fucking water world.
Seriously, nintendo didn't learned jack shit with OoT water temple?
Haven't heard of anyone that kept playing after gen 3.
>>
When the underground was removed instead of expanded upon in Gen 5.
>>
File: 1454136843096.jpg (82 KB, 805x640) Image search: [Google]
1454136843096.jpg
82 KB, 805x640
Not sure. It's hard to tell if the games are worse, or if I'm just not I to them as much. I enjoyed gen upto gen 4.

[blog]
Gen 1 was amazing, mostly because I was a kid when the hype was real.

Gen 2 was fun as well for me. Most of what I liked. More evos and Pokémon, 2 regions. I played silver for over 500 hours.

Gen 3, was great. The game started to get more technical. The friends that made by having the same interest also got competitive. This is where most of my favorites became my favorites through battle. My best friend also became my best rival.

Gen 4 was the slow tipping point. I was a senior in high school. I had less time and for some reason I couldn't go full autismo into the game.

I missed out on playing gen 5. I had white, but I lost the game and never replaced it or got BW2.

Gen 6 was something. Such a disappointment for me. Maybe it was the over saturation of information before release. Or the feeling that the post game felt empty. ORAS, was a nod to the past gen 3, but the feeling was not the same. Megas are okay, but they felt too much of a gimmick for me.[/blog]

I really hope gen 7 has something to wow players. Something to really knock this series home.
That, or it might just be time to put all my games into a box in the attic.
>>
>>26550941

No Sky Battles in Sun and Moon? Game Freak is cutting more corners!
>>
>>26551641
Reminds me of people getting angry that Smash Bros got rid off the VS matches that determine the winner by counting your bonus scores at the end.
>>
>>26550718
this so fucking much
>>
when I noticed how easy it was
easyness is the first step towards trivializing the entire game, see what happened to World of Warcraft
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.