[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 1280x720
Am I the only one who still enjoys x and y and plays them frequently?
I think the custimization is pretty neat.dont you think so too? Why so much hate? When did it become cool to hate gen 6?
>>
Being brutally honest aside from friend safari, gts trade evolving, and renaming pokemon, I have no reason to touch it with AS around.
>>
>>26550272
There's a meme on /vp/ where gen 5 is the best and gen 6 is the worst. It came about because this board is full of hipsters and contrarians.
>>
>>26550272
I enjoyed the gameplay and overworld more than I did in ORAS but ORAS is still my main game for battling. I do however masuda metod on my y version since I enjoy breeding more here.
>>
because after the second gym the game feels like a tech demo

I really wanted to love it dont get me wrong, but it has its flaws, I just hope since the models are already done development is spent on other things like POSTGAME
>>
XY is alright.
>>
>>26550272
I've played XY 4 times now, 3 to use each of the starters and 1 being a hack/challenge-improved run.

I still enjoy it a lot, with the only disheartening thing being the lack of the newer Megas.

Kalos is probably my favorite region from Glittering Cave to Laverre City with its beauty.
>>
>>26550272
It's underrated on this board. That being said, it does have serious flaws (linear region, too many pussy rivals, very little postgame, lack of that many new pokemon depending on who you ask)
>>
It's my favorite game to Nuzlocke because of the sheer variety of Pokémon in the early game, even though the game has a slight drop in quality after the third gym. I started another Nuzlocke of Y recently and the difficulty is pretty high if you don't use the EXP Share at all, so I'm having a good time
>>
>>26550272
>When did it become cool to hate gen 6?

When cancerous unovabortions used it as a scapegoat so people would forget to hate on their beloved gen 5 despite it being the worst gen
>>
>>26550516
I love gen 5 and I think gen 6 is alright. Gen 3 and gen 4 had the weaker games in my opinion
>>
>>26550516
Nah, though I find it funny how several complaints people have with XY actually started with BW1 and no one shat on it for them until after XY came out.
>>
The game feels a bit rough from gym 3 to gym 7, but I loved the stuff like Amie and the EV training thing. It was honestly pretty fun, but the lack of postgame was the big reason I never really played it.
ORAS having all the good from XY and more just made it seem like a step back, so I just stay on my OR and have a fucking blast. Gen 6 as a whole though felt real nice.
>>
File: 1454172420201.png (171 KB, 346x297) Image search: [Google]
1454172420201.png
171 KB, 346x297
>>26550272
the only thing i don't like about X/Y is Team Flare

at no point in the story did i think they were menacing or dangerous, even though they had the ultimate weapon

they should've just stuck with Team Rocket or ONE other team, having a new evil team each gen just makes them forgettable and like they were shoe horned in
>>
X is easily my favorite. Only other game that even comes close is soul silver. ORAS is okay but felt too much like a step back (except for soaring and nav) for me keep up with it. Hopefully SM will be another step forward.
>>
>>26550607
I think XY could be better when it comes to the main adventure and both it and ORAS need better post-game, but I think Gen VI feels by far the best so far to actually play, even with the framerate issues in battle.
>>
XY is pure fucking garbage in a "ooo its 3d now" wrapper
>>
>>26550272
I'm playing it right now. Y is my main game and OR is just where I transfer mons or redeem events to keep up to date. ORAS was so underwhelming so I just stick to Y.
>>
Adding on to >>26550838

Also I feel that being able to customize my character keeps me attached. It makes me feel like I'm actually a pokemon trainer unlike in every other pokemon game where I'm playing as the MC.
>>
>>26550666
nice trips

there are so many problems with team flare i cant even bother typing. Lysandre's motivations make honestly no sense. The teams members motivations are entirely different and also don't make much sense. "lets make ourselves happy, by blowing shit up"?

I get it had to do with getting the resources for themselves but come the fuck on, the best plan is unleashing weapons of mass destruction on people? Who the fuck actually thinks "yep, that'll make me happy"
>>
X/Y is terrible, OR/AS even moreso.

Fuck that entire gen.
>>
>>26550272
customization is great, probably the only thing they did right. still it's not enough to save this asspull of a generation.
>>
File: kalos_region_map_thumb[1].jpg (122 KB, 563x370) Image search: [Google]
kalos_region_map_thumb[1].jpg
122 KB, 563x370
>>26550879
ORAS was better imo
more of a disappointment but objectively better

no frontier aside, hoenn still > kalos

look at this, look at it
>>
I really enjoy X and Y, they are among my favourite pokemon games to date

fight me
>>
>>26550961
Accurate.
>>
>>26550961
>>26551133
Same fagging
>>
I love XY, not my favorites, but still very enjoyable. Too bad Z didnt happen, it could've been incredible
>>
>>26550272
I want to play it but have nothing to do in it that I can't do in ORAS.
>>
My biggest issue is that it feels like it just has less content than the other games. Sure, it added a bunch of new features, but there's next to no post-game and a paltry number of new Pokemon. I logged the fewest number of hours into XY than any other gen.

This is something that can be said of a lot of modern games. It seems like they put all their resources into making it look good at the cost of a reduced play time and world size. A good example of this would be the new Ratchet and Clank remake. It looked gorgeous, but it cut almost half the number of planets to visit as the original.
>>
>>26550272
I play every day.
People on here think its cool to hate so they do
>>
>>26551195
..except the entire game?
>>
File: X playtime 6.16.14.jpg (324 KB, 1498x843) Image search: [Google]
X playtime 6.16.14.jpg
324 KB, 1498x843
>>26551239
I had the opposite experience. There was still a lot to do like the Battle Maison and online battling and breeding.
>>
>>26550272
I don't hate it, but the entire gen felt like a lazy tech demo.

>>26550561
>I find it funny how several complaints people have with XY actually started with BW1
None of my complains with XY exist in BW, in fact most of my complains come from how the games feel like a step back from gen 5.
>>
I just wish the routes were bigger...
>>
>>26550272
I've played Kalos over and over. I decided to go back to Black for a change, and it's so ugly tedious in comparison (although I like having all new mons during the story, all gens should be like that).
>>
>>26550272
I never got Oras but I liked X and Y
It's a little boring though once you've completed it.

I'm hoping SM will have a lot more to do after the leauge
>>
>>26550272
It's fun to replay, Feels a little empty, and god wtf was with those two assistants? AZ should've been stronger.
>>
>>26550272
because i like playing pokemon not playing dress up
>>
>>26550272

I enjoyed it my first playthrough, but tried replaying it and found it boring. It is just too easy, and the pacing is really off.

That said, I like how they "dumbed down" as some would say, the overworld. I fucking hate water routes, I fucking hate long caves, I fucking hate heavy rocks and thorny plants everywhere, I'm glad X and Y got rid of that shit. There are other ways to encourage exploration other than those archaic barriers. Hopefully Sun and Moon can make the routes interesting without being a hassle
>>
>>26550272
People dislike Gen VI, not X and Y specifically. ORAS were rushed and, in general, disapponting all round.

It's the same as all the Gen IV hate, it's mostly directed at DP and people tend to like HGSS and Pt.
>>
>>26550272
i personally enjoy gen 6 for all the new online features and features in general. story and pokemon wise , its nowhere close to gen 5
>>
Its fun for a while, but compared to the other pokemon games (literally all of them) it just isn't as good.

It clearly has a lot of potential, but falls flat in many places and I feel like the only people who really enjoy it are people who love competitive battling and small mini-games to distract them from the overall bland, simple and boring game that is actually taking place.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.