[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mega Evolution Differences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 400x229
What do you wish was different about Mega Evolution, /vp/?

Megas you want to see, mega evolutions you wish didn't exist, differences in gameplay, differences in the mechanic, etc etc.
>>
File: 2926404-013.jpg (258 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
2926404-013.jpg
258 KB, 853x480
>>26543908
I actually would like MegaMachamp:
Takes off his belt, bulk up even more, might get more of a wresteller theme, maybe make his face turn to look like a mask. possibly turns red like on Pokken.

I wish Charizard X, one of the Mewtwos, Fug, Abomasnow didnt exist.
Pandering to "remember the 90's?!" Crowd and complete garbage
>>
Quite a few things, actually...

> Retcon at least Mega Pinsir, Heracross, Mawile, Sableye, Absol, and Audino into regular evolutions. In general, reserve future Mega evolutions to Pokemon that either have at least one normal evolution or are Legendaries.

> Make it so that weaker Megas like Beedrill get larger stat boosts than more powerful Megas like Mewtwo and Charizard.

> No more Mega Stones. Once you get your Key Stone, any Pokemon you have that can Mega evolve will be able to do so.

All the other mechanics seem fine.
>>
Some could have made great regular evolutions. Mawile, Sableye, Absol, Audino, Pinsir, and Heracross all could have been regular evolutions. Those pokemon could have used the boost to keep up with power creep.

I think it goes against everything the pokemon is supposed to be but appease Dunsparce fans and give it a Serene Grace Normal/Dragon Mega if we can't get a real evolution for it.

I hope, if no more cross gen (other than Eevee) will happen we can get new branches to old lines. Megas should be reserved for pokemon that need a bit of a boost. Machamp, Tauros, Persian could all use one from Gen 1. Megas should act as a way to combat power creep, imo.
>>
>>26544257
>I wish mega Abomasnow didn't exist

I wish your opinion didn't exist.
>>
File: asurachamp.png (851 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
asurachamp.png
851 KB, 752x1063
>>26544257
Really want one too, but more like the picture related.
>>
>>26543908
Less shit like adding more horns and spikes, more shit like Heracross' and Gengar's transformation.
>>
>>26543908
It should've had different requirements. No flipping stone hunt for one thing. There should be some kind of challenge to earn it, to prove you have mastered a particular pokemon's power. I can't think of anything that would be suitable for the main game, though.
>>
>>26544258
I'm curious to see how the meta game would change with thease mechanical changes.
>>
File: 1361716541795.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1361716541795.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>>26543908

I wish it didn't exist, period. POKEMON SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO SUPER SAIYAN ONCE A BATTLE NYEEEHHHH
>>
>>26544258
>Removing mega stones

Megas aren't able to hold items, romving that trade off makes the game less strategic.

They could at least make all of them be the same item: Mega stone. Charizard and Mewtwo variants can be selected from their status screens.

Really, "Lucarionite" couldn't sound any dumber.
>>
>>26544705
That seems reasonable.
>>
>>26544705
>"Lucarionite" couldn't sound any dumber.
Have you heard of Banetite?
>>
>>26543908
MEGAS
WERE
A
MISTAKE
>>
I kind of hope they make the whole synchro thing like Greninja available to other pokemon. They can set it up so they're more powerful than megas, but you can't swap, and if it faints you lose the match cause you pass out with your synchromon.
>>
File: 1400529693183.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1400529693183.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>26543908
how ti fix megas
make them permanent changes and acquired by leveling up the pokemon

pic related, its mega tangela
>>
>>26544258
>No more mega stones
>Wants megas to get buffs like Life Orb
>>
File: 1281566998496.jpg (22 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1281566998496.jpg
22 KB, 444x322
>>26544705

If they all use one item that makes it subject to item clause, meaning you can only have one mon holding a mega stone. Yes it's not a common to have multiple megas, but it exists as a strategy. You're reducing team building variety by doing that.
>>
Gimme the sprites for the ORAS megas.
>>
>>26543908

Just individual changes, like abilities or stat allocations. Megas as a concept are pretty well executed.

>>26544258

>more powerful megas like Mewtwo and Charizard
>he thinks base Charizard isn't a shitmon on par with Beedrill

fuck outta here scrub
>>
Personally I wish there was more to it than just "give stone".

Recently replayed Alpha Sapphire and I noticed in the stupid Latias scene that Steven specifically mentioned that "you can only mega evolve a Pokemon if you have a bond with it" or something along those lines.

Would be cool if you could only mega evolve with max friendship / happiness level or something like that.

Also, I wish Mega Rayquaza required a mega stone.
>>
>>26544257
Don't you fug with my Mega Abomb.
>>
>>26544694
this post screams reddit
>>
>>26544257
>Abomasnow
y tho
>>
>>26544806
Or Blastoisinite?
>>
>>26544536

Yep. I'm sick of how so many of the mega evolutions look like they just gave the original design to a 9 year old and asked them how they would make it cooler
>>
>>26544705
>Not wanting a dragonitite
>>
Only give it to 2nd stage Pokemon, I really wanted sableye to evolve but they just gave him a big gem and ruined the possibility of a normal evolution
>>
>>26546627
>so many of the mega evolutions look like they just gave the original design to a 9 year old and asked them how they would make it cooler
I'm sure appealing to 9 year olds was actually the intent.
>>
Fix mega abilities that don't work on the first turn they evolve. Banette is the main offender here by not having prankster for the first turn when going mega.
>>
>>26544258
>>26544314
>Retcon megas into regular evolutions
>Mega Mawile @ Life Orb
>Mega Sableye @ Leftovers
>Mega Pinsir @ Choice Band
>Chansey @ eviolite
>Landorus-T @ choice scarf
>Rotom-W @ chesto berry
You really think there would be nothing wrong with teams like that?

Megas are fine because you trade off an item and the one slot you have, while allowing pokemon with no viability to suddenly become viable. People complained about cross-gen evos in gen 4 and gamefreak listened, So Audino, Mawile, Absol, etc were never going to get the Electivire/Weavile treatment anyway and would have remained garbage. Mawile couldn't really have gotten a better deal than this, and pokemon like beedrill would have remained beyond saving anyway.

And to this day I don't understand why people dislike single-stage pokemon so much. Almost everybody complains that megas 'should only be given to evolved pokemon' or some other bullcrap. Fuck you. Lapras, Tauros, Girafarig and heaps of other SSmons are great already don't taint them with extra garbage.
>>
>>26546987
>Not wanting Mega Sableye to keep Prankster on the turn it megas
Disgusting
Turn order is decided when you choose a move, not afterwards
>>
>>26544257
I want Machamp to take off his belt also.
>>
>>26544456
Maybe change its face or look. The reptile face looks simple
>>
>>26544257
Only M-Machamp design coming through
>>
>>26544456
>He just grows more arms
>>
File: download.png (5 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5 KB, 234x215
>>26544333
>>26545901
>>26545927
I like the yetibro a lot, thats why i wish his mega didnt exist.
It literally get on all fours only. It broke mt heart
>>
Put in a megastone store ingame so you can actually use them in a playthrough
>>
>>26544258
None of those pokemon except maybe Audino should ever, ever evolve though.
>>
>>26544705
You could even have region specific stones. A Kalos Mega Stone can evolve the megas introduced in those games. A Hoenn Mega Stone can evolve megas introduced in those games. (You'd have to make exceptions for Charizard/Mewtwo).

One Mega Stone per battle. And now they are stealable through Switcheroo or Thief.

Imagine Sableye Trick steals a Hoenn Mega Stone from a Mega Lopunny. Suddenly it devolves to a Lopunny and the Hi Jump Kick misses!
>>
>>26548425
its arms just get bigger
>>
>>26545916
This post screams reddit
>>
>>26547015
You're putting a hell of a lot of words in the mouths of other people.

Jesus fucking Christ.

If Pinsir, Sableye, or Mawile's megas were, instead, regular evolutions the stats wouldn't be that high. Like you said, there is a trade off. No held item needs to be made up for in way of superior ability/stats.

Your argument with single stage pokemon has absolutely no relevance here since no one was talking about that specifically.

>You really think there would be nothing wrong with a team like that?
There are plenty of checks and counters. If you couldn't get around a team like that, it's your own fault. Not gamefreaks. 3/10 I took the bait for that one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.