[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 5 introduced Fusion, Gen 6 introduced Synchro, Gen 7 will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Definitely not Yu-Gi-Oh!.png (483 KB, 976x1055) Image search: [Google]
Definitely not Yu-Gi-Oh!.png
483 KB, 976x1055
Gen 5 introduced Fusion, Gen 6 introduced Synchro, Gen 7 will introduce overlaying/Xyz. Much like the above two, overlaying won't appear until partway through the generation, but it's definitely happening.
>>
>>26543902
>patternfag
autism
>>
>>26543902
>xyz
Que?
>>
>>26543902
>Gen 5 introduced Fusion
Gen 1 did.
>>
>pendulum and action cards coming in Gen 8

pls no
>>
>>26543902
>Put Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde on your team (notice: xyz)
>Use the new "overlay stone"
>That is how you get Perfect Zygarde
I am glad Pokémon Z was cancelled before we knew it would ever exist.
>>
>>26544088
How does pendulum work, I tried to read something about it and just got confused
>>
>>26544335
See those numbers next to the gems on Pendulums? Those are scales. Once per turn, you can pendulum summon as many as possible monsters (from your hand and face-up in the extra deck) with levels in between those scales. So if you had a scale 5 and a scale 8, you could pendulum summon level 6s and 7s. When a pendulum monster on the field would be destroyed, it goes to the extra deck face-up where it can be pendulum summoned again.
>>
>>26544088
Gen V had the Wonder Launcher. Aren't those basically action cards? Just pull "I'm going to heal" or "I'm going to do more damage" out of your ass.
>>
>>26544428
If I were playing the Yu-Gi-Oh I remember, and read that, I would declare it broken AF. I'm assuming it is par for the course now, though?
>>
>>26544518
Pretty much. It got really overpowered very early into the pendulum era, so the only way to go is waaay up.
>>
>>26543902
>Fusion
Do you even played Gen V games? That's not different than Origin Form Giratina.
>>
>>26544518
Anon forgot to mention you need *two* pendulum monsters as scales. The scale values each of them use depends on the positions you assign them to.

I cannot say wether this breaks the game IRL, though.
>>
>>26544546
What are you talking about, anon? Kyurem actually absorbs Reshiram/Zekrom.
>>
>>26544586
Well, at least for now, each pendulum monster has an identical set of scales, so it doesn't matter where you place them.
>>
>>26544546
Giratina doesn't fuse with anything, anon. The Grisious orb just lets it keep the form it uses in its own world while in the normal one.
>>
>>26544518
Not really that broken, because you need to spend 2 cards from your hand(5 at the start) to start the summoning, and summoning multiple monsters per turn is what 99% of the decks does on regular basis.
>>
>>26544518
It's not very good unless you totally build around and abuse it. The part that sounds broken to you probably isn't the part that makes actual dedicated pendulum decks work actually broken. It basically allows decks virtually infinite monster resources by constantly recycling destroyed pendulum monsters
>>
>>26544654
>Summoning a bunch of monsters in the same turn
That's against the rules, isn't it?
>>
>>26544747
You can only normal summon one monster per turn, unless the card says that you can do additional normal summons(some do that). But you can do as many special summons you want per turn(half the cards in the game let you special summon it some way or another, or let you special summon another monster).
>>
>>26543902
Synchro is the best method IMO but the problem is Konami is deathly afraid of making Pendulum and XYZ tier level good modern Synchros.
>>
>>26543902
Remember when we made fun of Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon for copying pokemon?

...hold me, /vp/
>>
>>26544771
The correct answer was "screw the rules, I have money"
>>
File: 1452295921159.jpg (72 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1452295921159.jpg
72 KB, 372x334
>>26544783
>Yugioh
>copying pokemon
>>
>>26544804
Well, you know, its an anime, and it has monsters in it...
>>
>>26544780

They have already broke the Pendulum Mechanic with Performapal Dracoslayers. It was the second time in YGO history the TCG has ever released an emergency ban list.

They were pretty bonkers though.
>>
>>26544829
yeah pepe was bullshit. what is funny though is that people don't like the new performapal support in the starter deck because it's about non-pendulum performapals. this was obviously done because if they didn't have such a restriction they'd be broken.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.