[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't the pokemon cast age?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1437547249106.jpg (40 KB, 960x517) Image search: [Google]
1437547249106.jpg
40 KB, 960x517
why doesn't the pokemon cast age?
>>
>>26540720
Same reason Ash will never win the league, it has to never end
>>
Because it's a cartoon, and therefore the writers can ignore certain realistic constraints such as aging if they deem it beneficial to the story. It's quite common in animation.
>>
>>26540751
This

People constantly bitch about Ash being forever 10, but don't seem to have a problem with say... Bart Simpson staying 10.
>>
>>26540751
>beneficial to the story
>

beneficial to minimizing effort keeping the series going maybe
>>
File: Ten Year Old.png (429 KB, 374x575) Image search: [Google]
Ten Year Old.png
429 KB, 374x575
>>26540720
So the lolis never spoil.
>>
>>26540720
Bart Simpson would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>26540896
the rugrats grew up
>>
https://youtu.be/k96VhXDAPlw
>>
Why do people want them to age so much? It's not really that big if a deal.
>>
>>26540945
And we all saw how well that turned out.
>>
>>26540720
because the kids need to self insert with them
>>
If they age, then fans of older seasons that watch a newer season on a whim would be lost. Also, if Ash were to age, it would become awkward for him to keep losing. Ash would be how old now if he were to age? 20? 21? And he still wouldn't be champ of any region. And it's important for Ash to keep losing otherwise the show would end. Therefore, he should always be 10, or actually, they should have never specified the characters ages at all.
>>
>>26541049

Exactly. The anime is designed to get kids interested in the series. If characters aged in real-time, the adventures of a nearly 30-year-old main character would be a lot less effective in getting kids interested. And the only alternative would be to constantly introduce new main characters, which while maybe a decent idea from a story standpoint, wouldn't be good from a marketing and branding standpoint, which is of course the priority.
>>
>>26540720
Is that pic from a K-drama ? If so then sauce pls
>>
I'm wondering how more people aren't looking at the fact that if Ash is still 10 after all these years, he's been going through those regions at sonic speed
>>
If you want aging characters, read the manga.
>>
>>26540945
We don't talk about that anon
>>
>>26540720
Conan doesn't age.
>>
>>26540743
Just because Ash wins a league doesn't mean the anime has to end. Hell he actually had the chance to become a Frontier Brain in the Gen 3 anime and he turned it down to continue his journey. I don't know about you but being a Frontier Brain sounds like its a higher tier than being a Champion or Elite Four member. If he actually won a league he'd still need to go on to face the Elite Four and Champion, and even if he won against the Champion he could decline the position to go on another journey. Nothing is stopping him from doing that.
>>
>>26540720
Because it's a cartoon.
>>
>>26541126
Miss Granny
>>
>>26540896
I guess it is because Pokemon anime is a sequential story, while Simpsons are independent episodes.
>>
>>26540896
>>26542256
It's because no one watches the simpsons.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.