[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has shiny hunting ruined shiny pokemon for anyone else? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Has shiny hunting ruined shiny pokemon for anyone else?

I remember the first shiny i got back in gen 4 was a gastrodon and i was super excited, the next i got magikarp in OR i was excited again and evolved it almost immediately and also regretted it immediately so i started hunting for another shiny migikarp.

Fast forward to now and i have a box of shinies and the thrill is dead, it went from "HOLY SHIT A SHINY" to "neat, into the box with you".

Why did i do this to my self?
>>
No? It sounds silly but I enjoy going on the hunt for the shiny recolors.
>>
Nah - though finding a random shiny is a billion times better than grinding for one.

Grinding for them has it's charm though - but I have to be doing something else (roadtrip, watching a film) or I'd go into a coma
>>
There is nothing in the world more rewarding than getting a Dream Ball HA Shiny Female 5IV Combee
>>
>>26540143
is that a n3ds? XL? Looks somehow really good...
>>
Not really. I mean the thrill of it is nice, but that's not why I want the shinies to begin with.

I just want them cause they look cool. I simply choose between what color scheme I like better for the pokemon, that's it. It being rare means little to me.. besides, finding a random shiny is kind of ruined by the fact that its unlikely that they're competitive.
>>
shinies scream HACKS to me at this point so i just try to stick to normal pokemon myself
>>
I always thought shinies looked tacky.
>>
Shinies are pretty cool but I've never had the desire to grind for any. Got maybe half a dozen that I really should move up to my AS
>>
>>26540143
>autisticly hunting for something thats meant to be a rare random surprise has ruined the random surprise

no fucking shit, gen 6 making them a dime a dozen didn't help either, i got more shiny mons in XY without even trying than i have in the entire rest of the series
>>
File: IMG_2189.jpg (652 KB, 968x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2189.jpg
652 KB, 968x1296
>>26540143
My box o shine for the curious.
>>
>>26540730
>3 shiny magikarp
Random or not? I've got 2 shiny oddish
>>
>>26540501
This.
Only a handful of them look halfway decent.
A lot of the time they're ruined by clashing colors.
>>
>>26540781
The gyarados was random, the first magikarp was hunted but was before i knew about chaining so i kept switching spots but still got it in minutes of searching, the third i got while WT some shit and the last one is an event magikarp i traded for.
>>
>>26540501
>>26540805
>A lot of the time they're ruined by clashing colors.

Agreed. It's easy to see which shinies GF actually put a little thought into and which ones they just didn't give a damn about.
>>
>Someone literally just WTed me a shiny pelipper
Not sure if I want to keep it or not
>>
i clicked on /vp/ accidentally

does this board comprise of 25+ year old men playing pokemon? if so, that is pretty pathetic, just barely above weeb shit and MLP in that order
>>
>>26540879

I mean when it was introduced, it was really more of a gimmick to celebrate GBC hardware. The colors were just negatives.

Shinies since then are actually intentionally colored one way or the other.
>>
>>26541263
heres your (you)
>>
>>26540143
always hoping i find one during horde ev training. all i found was a shiny skarmory at a safari. but i accidentaly ran away with no regrets, because i hate skarmory
>>
>>26541247
look at the OT, if it looks like a youtube or twitch username like auslove.tv then its injected
>>
>>26541263
It's actually underaged teenagers.
>>
>>26541336
>sakati.TV
Back into the wondertrade it goes
>>
>>26540143
i switched to injecting before letting shiny hunting waste my time
>>
>>26541353
personally i would keep it for trade fodder, look for a shiny for shiny trade in your passerbys.
>>
>>26540437
How about a Dream Ball HA Shiny Female 6IV Combee and 5$.
>>
>>26541263
>hobbies make people degenerates.
It's called keeping it in check.
Also something like 70% are underaged here.
>>
>>26540730
>only 1 box
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.