[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider this Kanto or Johto?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Kanto_Route_27_HGSS.png (363 KB, 3152x480) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_Route_27_HGSS.png
363 KB, 3152x480
Do you consider this Kanto or Johto?
>>
>>26537745
Kanto Route 27 HGSS
>>
kanjo...like sinjoh!
>>
>Do you know what you just did? You just took your first step into Kanto!
It's Kanto.
>>
Neato
>>
>>26537745
Everything east of New Bark Town is Kanto.
Except for Mt. Silver for some reason.
>>
>>
>>26537749
>>26537756
>>26537763
>>26537764
OK different question. Do you think this place existed in FRLG the same way Aspertia City existed in BW and we just couldnt go to it?
>>
>>26537875
It existed but there was no route. Everything existed forever and will do in the future it's only shapes that change.
>>
>>26537875
Of course it did, idiot.
>>
>>26537875
that question makes just as much sens as to say "do you think sinnoh existed in XY, just that we could never visit them?"
>>
>>26537875
Yes the route magicslly sprouted to existence in the few year gap between FRLG HGSS
>>
I could have sworn someone mentioned a name of a region or just some place and it seemed like a mashup of johto and kanto

i think it was a dojo guy or just a generic karate guy
>>
>>26537745
this route has god-tier music and that's what really matters
>>
>>26538326

You are thinking of Tohjo falls.
>>
>>26538094
>>26538155
I mean, it could have been wilderness that was cleared out. Like, we know some places in Black 2 didn't exist in Black. Like the Route through Reversal Mountain.
>>
>>26538670
Like what >>26538007 said. I dunno.
>>
>>26537745
Johto west of Tojoh, Kanto east.

>>26537751
Creative. It's canonically called Tojoh, though.
>>
>>26537764
What fucking frame is that? What is this even being played on?
>>
>>26538670
The connection between Kanto and Johto is pretty slim, considering they are right next to eachother
There's a bullet train that takes you from one capital to the other, and then there's a rough, long difficult road only the hardened trainers will be able to pass from a smalltown to the league
It seems very artificial that over the time the two regions have existed, nobody had the idea to cut down a few trees, or make a few more bridges, or even a real path over the mountain
But there isn't
So what's the explanation for this mystery?

EXCLUSIVE!
PICK YOUR OWN SOLUTION!
But no peaking!

A: It's a game, and doesn't have to make sense, meaning sometimes it doesn't
B: one or both of the regions was only recently built, and very suddenly, somewhat like an american Boomtown, but more modern
C: there is a deep-seated rivalry between the two regions
D: People mostly don't care about pathways because they can just fly around, but the inexperienced youths we play as has to take the hard road
>>
>>26537756
That's after you hit land though. The water part is kanto
>>
thats the demilitarized zone
>>
>>26537875
You're a moron.
>>
>>26538813
The Bullet Train seems fine enough. Its a major transportation service located in the capital cities.

Plus, its implied that planes fly in and out of at least Johto, since all the imported Moo Moo Milk in other regions seem to come from there.

>>26540133
Egg
>>
File: ToJoh.png (446 KB, 3152x480) Image search: [Google]
ToJoh.png
446 KB, 3152x480
Both, with the border looking kinda like this.
>>
>>26540880
>The Bullet Train seems fine enough. Its a major transportation service located in the capital cities.
and how did people travel before there was such a thing as the bullet train?

see solution option A
>>
>>26541138
They walked/mounted pokemon/boats
That like saying that humans didnt travel before cars/trains existed
>>
>>26540990
I can jive with this, though I'd also put the falls as being both regions

>>26541138
Its safe to assume the Bullet Train replaced the previous path. Hell, the previous path is probably still partly there. I'd assume you can get to Kanto by a remote path East of Blackthorn.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.