[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you personally enjoy your single player experience in Pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
How do you personally enjoy your single player experience in Pokemon?
>>
Im a breederfag.
>>
Very much
>>
Great yesterday was my birthday and the nurse told me happy birthday. Whaaat
>>
>>26536863
WOAH
>>
Play through the game catching the Pokemon I think look cool and like, eventually do whatever post game stuff there is, make some trades to get other Pokemon I like and think that are cool, battle some people here and there casually, eventually stop playing for ages until the next game comes out, rinse and repeat. Only ever cared about competitive stuff when I had Diamond, and only cared about getting all the Pokemon when I was kid with Red.
>>
>>26536855
Untill gen 6, yes.
>>
>>26536855
Collecting of all Pokémon, Breeding, Batting, flying around and looking at Pokédex entries.
>>
I catch only the six Pokemon I plan to use, never going out of my way to get into fights except trying to find the Pokemon I want to use, but not trying to avoid them. I also only use Pokemon introduced in a region and those related by evolution, and try to avoid overlapping types on my team of six. In Gen VI I turn EXP Share on and off as needed.

I like all the games to some extent.
>>
Gen VI has been the only one I haven't played with any consistency. There's not much, if anything, to do after you caught them all, bred a competitive team, and beat each Maison challenge. There are some trainers who can be barreled daily in ORAS but it's not much of a challenge.

I liked how HGSS had something different to do each day of the week. Even if it was 5 minutes it didn't feel as repetitive because you'd only do the same thing once every week. I wish gym leaders could be re battled with different teams, increased AI, and different strategies.

Sometimes I'll replay a game with a challenge mode. Locke, monotype, etc. I haven't felt compelled to do so this gen though.
>>
>>26536855
I get useful mons i like very spaced out throughout a play though and only hit 6 members of powerhouses near the end.
>>
>>26536855
More than endgame, that's for sure.
>>
>>26536855
I enjoy it a lot
>>
>>26536855
I'm a nuzlocke/challenge fag.
>>
I stay off the internet if its a newly released game. Then I traverse through the game at a medium pace and catch pokemon I like. That is about it.
>>
>>26536855
I cheat
>>
>>26537834
Same, except replace "medium" with "slow". I usually have 80 to 100 hours clocked in before I beat the game for the first time.

Maybe all this bitching about postgame wouldn't be as rampant if people didn't rush through the main adventure to get to it.
Just go on Showdown if you want to experience the meta so bad. and play the game at your own pace. You can only enjoy that Gen for the first time once.
>>
>>26536858

Woohoo! Breeders for lyfe! How many hours do you have on your main?
>>
Reach a thousand winning streak in endgame battle-place, nuzlocked.
>>
>>26536855
I pre-order the game and rush through it as fast as possible to get the shit I need for wi-fi battling, then I trade all my 6v6/vgc teams and shit on newbs.
This only lasts until showdown gets updated for the new gen however.
>>
>>26537498
>There's not much, if anything, to do after you caught them all, bred a competitive team, and beat each Maison challenge.
And what exactly do other games have after this?
>>
>>26538003
You disgust me, but to each their own
>>
>>26536855
I go through at a slow/medium pace, talking to almost everyone/thing. I do this every play through.

I realized that if I love these games so much, I should try to get as much dialogue from them as possible. Most people zoom through and don't bother to talk to most or any NPCs and I think that's a shame. Some old Japanese man spent his life writing dialogue for these dumb lil interactions/NPCs and I don't want his work to go unnoticed.

Other than that, I usually plan out my team in advance. Almost always choose Bulbasaur/Chikorita/Treecko, assuming I'm playing the corresponding game. Always have/want a Dragonite.

Also, I usually never bother with battle frontier-type stuff/post-game. I've always just reset and started a new adventure by then.

Never bothered with breeding, don't care in the least about IVs/natures/shinies.

Always nickname

Sometimes like to partake in daily/weekly events

Also, sometimes I like to do monotype play throughs

I've never "caught them all" but I might someday. Maybe when I get a DS.

I have fun :3
>>
>>26539391
>I've never "caught them all"
>>
>>26539391
>I realized that if I love these games so much, I should try to get as much dialogue from them as possible. Most people zoom through and don't bother to talk to most or any NPCs and I think that's a shame. Some old Japanese man spent his life writing dialogue for these dumb lil interactions/NPCs and I don't want his work to go unnoticed.

My negro. Random NPC's usually have the best dialogue in the game, too. The ORAS ones were hilarious.

>I've never "caught them all"

Uh-oh.
>>
>>26539464
I might try to catch them all in ORAS
>>
I like to immerse myself. I hope the story is good this time because I'm one of the few people who actually cares.
>>
File: 1464545854141.jpg (131 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1464545854141.jpg
131 KB, 960x720
>>26540027
I feel you, man. I want them to give us something interesting to read while playing so there's more to it.
>>
File: fabulouscame.jpg (112 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
fabulouscame.jpg
112 KB, 401x401
>>26540027
I want to take in all the comfy new locations and cities, especially since everything seems to be on a more 1 to 1 scale compared to previous generations.
>>
Gotta catch 'em all and read the 'dex entries.

I'm a sucker for that shit.
>>
>>26539391
this, especially the nicknaming part. I spend hours thinking up nicknames for my bros.
>>
File: pokemon522.png (300 KB, 876x1042) Image search: [Google]
pokemon522.png
300 KB, 876x1042
>>26536855

I tend to take my time trying out different mons(for the fun of it/see if I want it on my in game team) while progressing through the main story. Post game, I complete the dex, breed mons for perfect IVs and shiny breed/hunt.
>>
>>26542098

I've gotten a lot of them before but not all. I'll have to see if I can't do it with X/Y
>>
>>26542275
>>26536855
Dropped
>>
>>26542275
Woah
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.