[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does everyone see in this game that I don't? It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: black-white-2[1].jpg (66 KB, 460x207) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2[1].jpg
66 KB, 460x207
What does everyone see in this game that I don't? It was good but I don't get why people praise it more than the others?
>>
Most of this board is 14-year-olds who started with BW, and BW2 is a direct upgrade from BW
>>
>>26534281
Contrarians
>>
Nice areas
Nice selection of Pokemon
Free Zorua
>>
>>26534281
It is BW with worse gameplay and story but better post game.
>>
>>26534299
This. V is the most hated generation so of course /vp/ loves it.
>>
>>26534281
DEAD GAME
EMOTIONALLY EMPTY
TRIED TOO HARD
TRYING TO EVOKE TOO MANY EMOTIONS AT ONCE BUT FAILED
>>
>>26534281
Because to this day I still have plenty of shit to do in it.

>>26534297
>Implying most Gen V fans didn't start with RBY and thought BW were a breath of fresh air after Gen IV was a worse retread of Gen III
>>
>>26534281
Postgame pretty much, and when I saw postgame I mean PWT with remix's of gym themes and a challenge

Also top teir mon disturbito
>>
Biggest region, tons of polish, lots of side content, story while still tryhard is now so silly it's actually entertaining unlike BW1, great UI design.
>>
Pokestar studios, join avenue, PWT, Black tower/white forest being useful is magic. MAGIC

Also being able to link to the first games made the experience feel much more personal and special with memory link. Plus free N pokemon with 30 ivs!
>>
>>26534361
This. All of this.

Why is it that everyone who complains about Gen V happens to be a Sinnohfetus? Like I'm sorry that our region wasn't as terrible as yours?
>>
>>26534281
It's the amount of content that you can do (PWT, White Forest, Battle Subway, etc..)
>>
>>26534361
>Implying most Gen V fans didn't start with RBY and thought BW were a breath of fresh air after Gen IV was a worse retread of Gen III

I used to think naysayers are hoennbabies until it was revealed most of /vp/ was born after 2000.

XY gen 1 pandering wasn't really for actual genwunners, it was so the kids who missed the original hype could feel like they were a part of it. And then they got their favorite games remade.
>>
>>26534397
I started with Yellow, and as far as all games go, BW felt a bit too forced in it's approach.

The lack of any Pokemon outside Native to Unova, with more than half of them being nothing but shitmons, makes the experience underwhelming.

Then the sequels WERE an improvement, but the lack of a proper "third" version is where it was a clear attempt to double the profit from sales. Which is a pretty douchebag move on GF's part.

Also, no Complete Kyurem made me very salty since it was clear GF was going that route until they decided to Jew out.
>>
>>26534460
RSE kids already got FRLG, so that blows a hole in that theory.
>>
>>26534485
>The lack of any Pokemon outside Native to Unova, with more than half of them being nothing but shitmons, makes the experience underwhelming.

Stopped reading there. The lack of any Pokemon not native to Unova was precisely what made it such a refreshing experience, and you saying that more than half of them were shitmons is blatant shitposting on your part.
>>
>>26534460
I'll disagree there. As a long time fan, I hated it, but XY's Gen I focus seemed to do wonders for normalfags. They REALLY tried to get that audience back for Pokémon: The 3D Experience, with Origins, all the Gen I megas and everything. And it got them a lot of attention.
>>
>>26534487
>they fucking think FRLG was pokemon 2
Even worse
>>
>>26534485
Pffffffft you can not be serious dude get a fucking grip

Hurrrrr they made complete games and didnt release a complete version 2 years later what a cashgrab
>>
>>26534510
Stop having a stick so far up your ass and wearing those Gen V hipster glasses.

We all now that more than half of Gen V introduced Pokemon were shit.
>>
>>26534529
>2 versions released instead of one
>"GF never repeats itself gais! It's totes not a cashgrab"

Where the fuck have you been in the last 20 years that this franchise has existed?
>>
>>26534520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuGP5FSSq5I

>>26534552
Honestly it's much less of a cashgrab than a regular third version.
>>
>>26534510
Not him, but that did nothing for me, since I only use Pokemon new with the region anyways. If you need to be forced to not use old Pokemon, I think there's a problem there with the player. But I couldn't care much less about whether the opponent uses old or new Pokemon either.

Also all the really cool Unova Pokemon that make its new entries overall my favorite don't really start showing up until after the fourth gym in BW1.
>>
File: Pokemon Humanoid.png (712 KB, 900x877) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Humanoid.png
712 KB, 900x877
>>26534388
>Pokestar studios

>Humanoid will never be a pokemon
>>
>>26534531
>We all now that more than half of Gen V introduced Pokemon were shit.

Okay then. Name them.

This is gonna be good.
>>
>>26534574
>Also all the really cool Unova Pokemon that make its new entries overall my favorite don't really start showing up until after the fourth gym in BW1.

This. Chargestone Cave onwards is where all the good shit is.
>>
>>26534572
Explain to me why they couldn't just have made a single version with all the content of both B2W2 instead of B2W2?
>>
>>26534595
vanillite
trubbish
druddiigon
garvantula
krookodile
goth pokemon line
carnivine
bronzong
cryogonal
aurorus
>>
>>26534630
Listed several Sinnoh and Kalos Pokemon.

Also Druddigon a cute.
>>
>>26534604
For the same reason they didn't make a single version of BW?

A sequel is LESS of a cashgrab than an updated version, even if you release them as a pair. Doesn't mean it ISN'T one. Cashgrabs define this franchise. I'm not the guy you first replied to.

>>26534630
>Druddigon
>Galvantula
>Krookodile

Alright, I disagree, but that's your opinion

>Carnivine
>Bronzong

You serious?
>>
>>26534595
That's just it.

The only ones I can even name from the top of my head that were exceptionally good were Haxorus, Volcanora, Galvantula, HMSlaverat because HMSlave, Excadrill, Hydreigon, PatriotBird and CaliforniaBird and Zoroark.

The beginners weren't that underwhelming, but everything else literally left me unimpressed to the extent of "Why is this even here? How do we even make it useful?"
>>
>>26534604
>I'm still waiting for Pokemon Z
>>
>>26534672
I don't care about Z that much.

Sun sold me and I'm waiting to praise the Sun.
>>
>>26534670
>>26534670
Oh, and Conkledurr.

I don't count the Legendaries, but the Genies and Terrakion along with Keldeo were so fucking degenerate that everyone ran at least one on their team back then.
>>
>>26534670
Quit changing the goalposts like a faggot. I'm not asking you to name the ones you thought were "exceptionally good", I'm asking you to name all the shitmons that apparently comprise more than half of Unova's dex.

If you can't do it, admit you're a retard and get the fuck outta my face.
>>
>>26534579
I really enjoyed trying to figure out how to get surprise endings in there. so much fun.
>>
>>26534485
The LACK of a third version is a cash grab?

Man, usually only hoennshitters have anti logic like this
>>
>>26534715
>this much of a shitter

Yeah. Like me throwing in your face that almost all were useless rectally rekt your ass. Stay assblasted cuck.
>>
>>26534485
>the lack of a proper "third" version is where it was a clear attempt to double the profit from sales.
Congrats, that's straight-up the dumbest thing I've read in months. And this is 4chan.
>>
>>26534604
>>26534630
Two posts so monumentally retarded and right next to each other. Its like pottery
>>
>>26534460
>most of /vp/ was born after 2000

Jesus fuck, how?

>>26534769
>rectally rekt
>Stay assblasted cuck

Okay, I believe it.
>>
File: rAjCVLL.png (262 KB, 1041x846) Image search: [Google]
rAjCVLL.png
262 KB, 1041x846
>>26534715
>>26534769

How about both of you guys circle which ones you thought were good, ok, and bad?

Green for Good
Yellow or Nothing for OK
Red for bad.
>>
>one of the themes of BW is everyone has their own viewpoints and beliefs and to try to understand them
>it is the set of games with the most vehement arguments over whether it's good or not

pottery
>>
>>26534769
>Like me throwing in your face that almost all were useless rectally rekt your ass

Saying "W-well almost all were useless!" is not a rebuttal. You made the claim that more than half of the dex were shitmons and I asked you to name them. It was a really an incredibly simple question and you couldn't even answer it.

You lost.
>>
>>26534792
You mean poetry?
>>
>>26534670
You named more Pokémon from BW that you liked than ones that you disliked.
>>
>>26534769
>rectally rekt your ass

First time on 4chan?
>>
>>26534830
It used to be 3 that did this, too. Does that mean patternfags will be right and the torch will be passed to 7?
>>
>>26534837
Nope.

This guy gets it. >>26534830
>>
I know I'm in the minority here but I kinda liked being forced to use shitmon. Trying to figure out how the fuck to build a competent team out of garbage was fun.
>>
>>26534281
I feel like the only save grace for it was the PWT, other than that it was a pretty dull experience.
>>
BW was plot-heavy and had nothing but fresh Pokemon throughout the region, while BW2 was more side-quest heavy with an excellent distribution of wild Pokemon from different generations. I think the reason that gen 5 has been so popular lately is because the two games in it both do different enough things that the majority will like at least one of them. That's something that no other generation really does.
>>
>>26534317
Mom! I posted it again!
>>
File: Rated.png (177 KB, 1041x659) Image search: [Google]
Rated.png
177 KB, 1041x659
I was lurking until now but this is my opinion
>>
>>26534317
Saw this thread on the homepage and just passed by to prove you wrong.
B2/W2 are the best Pokemon games
>>
>>26535160
Pretty good opinions, actually.
I like Sigilyph and Durant and think Samurott is a shitstain, but mine are pretty similar.
>>
They're just DEAD games, with no emotions and all types of emtions trying to make themseleves dramatic and depressing, but in the end they give off no feeling whatsoever due to every emotion being present within themselfs, ike walking on a glass bridge on a full moon night during winter time, DEAD GAME.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.