[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I live in a shitty part of the world where gamestop do not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I live in a shitty part of the world where gamestop do not exist. I only have Walmart and Amazon as the only way to get S/M.

Walmart is a long drive and the game comes with a 11.5 state tax added to the price, I live in hell.

Amazon is where I can get it without paying the bullshit tax but they ship it on the same day of release, which means I have to wait 5 to 9 labor days for the game to reach my doorstep.

My question is this:
Why the fuck does Amazon wait until the actual release date to ship it !?
>>
>>26533627
>So I live in a shitty part of the world where gamestop do not exist
can't be all that shitty
>>
>>26533627
>Why the fuck does Amazon wait until the actual release date to ship it !?

Because they dont feel like having to pay fines to Nintendo for "breaking street date" in case the packages arrive before the actual release date.

For someone who can understand taxes, I'm surprised someone has to explain that for you.

Are you in the US or what?
>>
Why don't you buy it on the eshop?
also i think is mostly for delivery times, you could receive way too earlier
>>
>>26533627
To get you to pay up for Prime.
>>
>>26533692
>>26533708
>order games from Best Buy
>free release day shipping on orders $35 and up
>always ships a few days early
>always arrives on release day
I'm sure Best Buy isn't a lot better at estimating delivery time than Amazon.
Amazon just deliberately handles shipping poorly to get people to pay up for faster options.
>>
Honestly I'm always super iffy on if Prime is worth it for me, so I always let it expire and then they offer it to me again for half off which I end up going for.

The 20% games deal they've been doing recently has got me the cost of this years membership back, which is neat. Although I think other stores are starting to do that too without paid memberships so I might have to look into that.
>>
>>26533816
I think only Best Buy has that discount too, but it's only $20 for two years and applies to all games.
>>
>>26533816
Prime is only worth it if you shop Amazon a lot. That's it.
>>
>>26533627
Just pirate it
>>
>>26536374
this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.