[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought my entire life that this guy was a fucking attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Michael.(Pokémon).full.666672.jpg (347 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
Michael.(Pokémon).full.666672.jpg
347 KB, 1000x1414
I thought my entire life that this guy was a fucking attempt to make an edgy android protagonist.

Playing Pokemon Gale of Darkness for the first time, so... Pokemon Gale of Darkness thread.
>>
I think you mean cyborg.
>>
I couldn't bring myself to play XD because of how stupid the protag looked. I like my characters edgy, and this was a huge step down into faggotry.
>>
>edgy

What

You people need to be purged
>>
>>26531426
XD
>>
>>26531483
>I like my characters edgy

You are a shit person.
>>
>>26531483
>>26531493
>XD
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>26531426
I liked it. Beat it a couple of times, Lugia with psychoboost was always able to be traded for something nice. Plus it made not ever being able to go to Navel Rock more bearable.

I never beat the first round of Orre Colosseum, though. I should try again someday.
>>
>Michael looks edgy
>not Wes if anything

You guys know that a bit of tech on your arm doesn't make you edgy, right?

The GC Pokemon titles were awesome though. I should give them a replay some time. I liked the concept of snagging Pokemon and the limited pool to choose from gives it a bit of replay value. Plus double battles.
>>
>>26531497

>judging someone based off their tastes

You are a shit person.
>>
That's just the snag machine on his arm is all. He's not an android or anything.

Also, XD:GoD was pretty fucking fun. Definitely better than Colosseum, and definitely something I wish we had more of.
>>
>>26531518
Fun fact: The game was released two months after reddit was launched.

I'll never understand why they named it XD, it was well-known internet slang by then. Maybe Nintendo wasn't Internet savvy at all back then?
>>
>>26531546

See, normally I'd completely agree. But anyone who refuses to play a game solely because the character isn't "edgy" enough has already provided more than enough information on which to judge them.
>>
>>26531553
Considering they were using an outside service for their servers, requiring individual friend codes for every save file of every game, etc., it's pretty likely they weren't savvy enough to know that.
>>
>>26531553
>>26531550
>>26531518
>>26531493
>>26531483
>XD
kill yourself
>>
>>26531557

Not true, actually. Perhaps if I said I liked murderers in the real world, or, I liked when people get hurt, then that would be a more deserving title of 'shitty' person. But you're basing the entire scope of my character off my own tastes of something 'fictional'.

I'm going to use that to assess that you, in fact, don't comprehend bigger pictures.
>>
>>26531550
Definitely wish we had more of GC-era style games, battle revolution was a colossal disappointment.
>>
>>26531601

You're entitled to your tastes. But refusing to play a game simply because of the appearance of the main character, as you admitted to doing, is quite shallow. You like "edgy" things? Fine. You refuse to play games solely because they aren't sufficiently "edgy?" That's childish.
>>
>>26531646

Your entire argument is essentially:

>anon doesn't like ham sandwiches
>anon refuses to eat this sandwich which has ham in it
>anon is childish
>>
>>26531673
If the ham was made of Shadow the hedgehog you would have a point.
>>
>>26531673
I'd characterize it more as:

>Anon likes ham sandwiches
>Anon refuses to try this turkey sandwich simply because it doesn't have ham, and he refuses to even consider anything that doesn't have ham in it
>Anon is childish
>>
>>26531745

I think, and this may just be bias, that my metaphor is more true to the situation simply because of how simplistic it is. Your metaphor relies on more variables which, I feel, would require more information about my tastes on other games/protagonists, which we lack.
>>
>>26531459
Yeah, probably.

>>26531491
>attempt
I should have said "failed attempt"
>>
>>26531810
anon, this>>26531745 metaphor is better because it more closely resembles the situation, he likes edgy characters so therefore refuses to play a game without one. its not that he doesnt like something so wont play a game with it in, its that he does like something so wont play a game without it.
>>
>>26531553
It stood for eXtra Dimension, which didn't really make sense for being both a sequel and not the first console game.
>>
>trying to play it on emulator
>shit freezes every time
>>
>>26531426
Team Snagem was the best team.
>>
>>26531518
Fuck off with this meme
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.