[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I didn't like D/P, would this change my mind about Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 2367-1.jpg (748 KB, 1532x1368) Image search: [Google]
2367-1.jpg
748 KB, 1532x1368
If I didn't like D/P, would this change my mind about Gen IV?

My main problems were the slow speed of battles and movement and the horrible variety of wild mons
>>
>>26530816
No
>>
Nope
>>
>>26530816
>slow speed of battles
it's sped up but the hp bar is still slow

>variety
yeah Pt has one of fav dexes
>>
Definitely a lot better!
Battles are a lot faster, content in-game is a lot better and Pokémon distribution is greater as well. Compare DP only having Ponytail as the sole Fire-type you can get in game (sans Chimchar) to Pt's choices of Vulpix, Growlithe, Houndour, etc.

So yes! Platinum >>>> literal trash >>>>> GS >>>>> DP
>>
>>26530816
Platinum is faster than DP, though some would say it's still too slow (I think it's fine). The variety is definitely improved.

Maybe emulate it and see if you like it before buying.
>>
>>26530816
Trust me DP are my least favorite games, but Plat is in my top 3. It's much faster, but still not too fast though. The dex selection is second only to BW2
>>
>>26530816
platinum fixed pretty much all the weak points and important parts of D/P

worth every shekel
>>
>>26530875
>Ponytail
>>
Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game.
>>
>>26531019
Yes, Ponytail is exclusive to Diamond and Pearl. In no other game can you get that.
>>
>>26531092
The Pokemon is called Ponyta, not Ponytail.
>>
>>26531117
>ponyta

What the fuck?
>>
>>26534028
Is this another shedinja having protean indecent?
>>
>>26534055
kek oh boy don't bring that back up
>>
It's not really any faster other than surf speeds, but the selection is improved a lot.
>>
>>26531117
Pretty sure it is Ponytail, anon. I am not attracted to Ponyta, but am diamonds for Ponytail.

I don't think there is any other reason for me to be at full mast through my playthrough of Pearl, so it must have been Ponytail.
>>
>>26530816
If Platinum had Gen III's engine, it would be the best in the series. But, instead, it has the worst possible engine in the entire series so it ends up being really mediocre and kind of annoying/tedious.
>>
>>26530816
It improved the surfing speed and the Pokémon selection. Other than that (and all the usual "third version" improvements), it's not all that different. Certainly a much better game, but still suffers from most of DP's problems.
>>
>>26534118
This is why you should copy the ROM onto a piece of hardware that doesn't suck huge dicks instead of playing on the actual cart. You can get around at least some of the issues just by playing on a flashcart.
>>
>>26534118
The fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>26534214
Not stuttering and running slow as shit, I assume.

Although >>26534206 does fix a lot of those issues.
>>
>>26530816
No.

Platinum IS DP but with extra features for added replayability and content. It didn't fix any of Sinnoh's problems as a region, which is what hampered DP the most.

It's a good game, which is quite an accomplishment coming off the back of the disappointment that is DP, but it's hardly an outstanding one.
>>
>>26530816
>My main problems were the slow speed of battles and movement and the horrible variety of wild mons

>Battles
Barely improved.
>Movement
Improved. Especially surf speed god damn.
>Mon selection
Improved, it's actually good. There's FOUR fire types now!
>>
Platinum is faster, but still slow im comparison to other gens. There are 50 more pokemon on the dex, mostly all the Gen IV Pokemon missed in DP pokedex. So overall 210 pokemon in the dex. About the same number as RSE, which is only decent now. Graphical updates are nice. The storyline is pretty much the same except a new place for the Galactic climax.

If it's worth it depends on how much you like the region.
>>
>>26530875
???
>ponyta
>magmar
>houndoom
the end. verything else is spost-gamee.
>>
>>26536467
magmar is in the fugeo ironworks in platinum. Also got flareon, but
>flareon
>>
>>26536467
magmar, flareon and houndoom aren't in DP, it's an improvement objectively.
>>
>>26530864
>slow hp bar
B-but think of all of the tension it added to nuzlockes desü
>>
It changed my opinion 180 degrees. Went from hating gen 4 to thinking it was one of the best gens.
>>
>>26530816
No, they did increase the speed but the only noticeable change to it is the surf speed, the rest is near impossible to notice.

As for the pokemon variery , they added in a few more Pokémon as well as the cross gens in the main game but it's still not very good.
>>
>>26534206
You do know that doesn't fix the issues right? Arguably it makes it worse because you're missing out on the music when you use a fast forward.
>>
It's still incredibly slow. The pokemon selection gets a bit better but there still are a lot of problems. Overall, It probably wont change your opinion on Gen 4, unless you like the new story or something.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.