[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would people even know what animais these are supposed to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: mess.png (403 KB, 732x822) Image search: [Google]
mess.png
403 KB, 732x822
Would people even know what animais these are supposed to be without looking at their prevos first?
>>
>>26529489
not on /vp/ but everywhere else, sure
>>
>>26529489
Greninja and Empoleon are incredibly obvious. Swampert too if you know what an axolotl is
>>
drowzee may have been based off of a tapir, but hypno is something different altogether. this is the same for many other lines
>>
>Hypno
>based off an animal
I suppose you think it's a tapir
>>
I think most people would know what Empoleon and Greninja were exactly, what the fuck OP. I think most people would know Samurott was a mustelid but not that it's also part sea lion. They'd know Blaziken was a bird but probably a raptor and not a chicken.

I don't think Hypno or Venusaur actually are any specific animal. I don't think Ampharos really is either but eh.
>>
>>26529516
Hypno is literally my mom's Jew
>>
>>26529489
If you can't take one look at Empoleon and say, "cool, a penguin," then Jesus fuck I don't know what to tell you...
>>
Blaziken, Empoleon, Samurott, and Greninja are all pretty easy to recognize.

Venusaur's entire line is pretty unclear (some sort of dinosaur/frog monster with cat ears?), and the Swampert line only touches on the axolotl inspiration.

The rest really don't even look like animals.
>>
>>26529504
Eh, even if you knew about salamanders/mudpuppies/axolotls, it wouldn't explain the fins which are pretty prominent on them which I think are from mudskippers.
>>
>>26529489
>frog
>bird
>frog?
>penguin
>dog?
>american football player
>frog
>dragon
>jew
Not that hard.
>>
>>26529489
why did you name the file "mess?"

it's a good thing they are not just animals with features from their respective types
>>
>>26529489
I have no idea how blaziken is a chicken
>>
>>26529520
I think the long neck is from a kangaroo or laama.
>>
>>26529549
It's a very stylized version of a kind of a specific kind of tall, upright standing cockfighting chicken
>>
>>26529553
Huh... you know... I never thought about but maybe it's supposed to be like a bipedal alpaca? They're well known for their wool like sheep, too. It's still really fucking loose and the defining trait of an alpaca is actually you know having the fucking wool so probably not but I can kind of squint and see it.
>>
>>26529489

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
No
No
>>
>>26529489
Toad, hippie, swamp monster
Penguin, sea lion, armadillo
Frog, dragon, jew
>>
I'm pretty sure the bulbasaur line was never anything specific.
>>
>>26529519
Please stop, that meme is dead
>>
>>26529489

How autistic do you have to be to not immediately recognise Empoleon and Greninja as a penguin and frog?
>>
>>26529489
>Dinosaur
>Living flame
>Fish monster
>Sea lion
>Some sort of hedgehog
>Frog
>Giraffe
>Pedophile

Done.
>>
Greninja could be called a Gekko or a Tree Trog.
Hypno.....kek wtf, but I love him though. Mega Hypno plz, first turn ability no puts the opposing foe to sleep when there are no other sleeping foes.
Samurott....ugh
Blaziken is some type of Power Ranger enemy.
Venusaur is a frog with clawed feet of some sort.
Chesnaught yes, he's a football player.
Ampharos is some form of nothing.
Empoleon is a Penguin.
Normal people have no idea what an axolotl is.
>>
>>26529520
>>26529553
>>26529571
The Ampharos line is a sheep being sheared of more wool each new stage, and the Mega getting that wool back.
>>
>>26529732
>The Ampharos line is a sheep being sheared of more wool each new stage, and the Mega getting that wool back.
Um, no Ampharos itself is clearly not a sheep in any capacity.
>>
>>26529535
>dragon
Here's your (you)
>>
>>26529489
giant ambiguous toad dinosaur
captain falcon
axolotl salamander thing
obviously emperor penguin
not hard to tell its a sea lion type dealy
buzz lightyear
sasuke frog
yellow thing
yellow thing
>>
File: Kathadin.jpg (244 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
Kathadin.jpg
244 KB, 1024x766
>>26529732
>The Ampharos line is a sheep being sheared of more wool each new stage
Yeah, ampharos is clearly not a shorn sheep
>>
>>26529880
>captain falcon
40 keks
>>
Pokemon don't have to be "based on animals" to be good. what do people have against wholly original monsters
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.