[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it worth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Pokemon.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
So I'm not into Pokemon but i was wayyyy into it whenever it first came out. I still have all my cards and was wondering how much i could sell for various cards or my whole set.

This is just my first sheet, but I have almost all of the original series (unfortunately not a complete set). Some of them are from japan when my mom (who is a flight attendant) had trips there. All of the cards on the right are holographic on this first page.

Anyone good at appraisals? Do yall want to see more?
>>
Aren't the Charizards worth like a billion jillion dollars or something? Or is there a specific print or something?
>>
Honestly it's hardly worth anything. The market is oversaturated with people just like you, finding their old cards and trying to sell them. Pick out your rares, Charizard, Mewtwo, etc., and look up the prices for those. That, or set a super unfair price on ebay and hope someone falls for it.

Source: my multiple friends who work at a card store who turn down more than one person a day trying to sell their old cards.
>>
>>26528426
His is neither first edition or shadowless, so in mint condition he might get $100 at best.
>>
>>26528488
Even that is generous
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p148917.html
>>
File: IMAG0101.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0101.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>26528389
Last i remember you could sell an unlimited set (wich is what you have) for around 130 on ebay. Shadowless cards and 1st edition shadowless is where its at. Especially a 1st edition shadowless charizard.
>>
>>26528442
This. Base Set may be the oldest, but it's also the best selling, most printed set ever. There are millions of those same cards around, and like the above anon said, an increasing number of people finding their old cards and trying to sell them has oversaturated the market.
Some people ask for absurd prices, but I urge anyone not to fall for those. these things are a dime a dozen.

Now E-Reader Sets, especially Aquapolis and Skyridge, those are probably the rares ones around, as they were released during Pokémon's lowest point of interest.

>>26528426
First edition ones are rarer but by no means are they worth as much as people think.
>>
>>26528389
You can probably get that $35-45 for that Charizard, but other than that, Base Set isn't worth that much (and that Charmeleon is from Base Set 2). The second most valuable card from Base Set is Blastoise, which you can get like $15-20 for depending on how well it's preserved. Just look on websites like coolstuffinc or tcgplayer to see how much they're worth.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 267x189
>>26528389
Base set 2 Charmeleon
>>
>>26528389

IIRC first edition Charazards in mint condition run over $400. Non first edition probably $80. Alakazam/Venusaur/Blastoise/Legendaries 30$ish. Everything else scrap.

Just keep them. They didn't apreciate like we all thought when we were kids and they'll mean more to you to have them than selling the whole lot for a hundo tops.
>>
>>26528442
Yeah I've noticed that all of this got back in the market and some were selling for $$$ but like the other person said, it's all about the edition and condition.

I appreciate your honest opinion nonetheless!
>>
>>26528675
A quick Google search shows that it also goes for $4,000. The card is $40-$60, anything more than that and someone is getting ripped off.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=first+edition+charizard&tbm=shop
>>
>>26528488
Good to know, thanks!
>>26528556
I appreciate the response, thanks!
>>
>>26528389
Unless you have an Illustrator Pikachu you aren't getting shit for your cards.

Best to hold onto them and reincarnate into your Great Great Great Great Great, Grandson/Daughter so you can pass them onto him/her and try to get decent money just from historical value of the cards.
>>
File: charmeleon.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
charmeleon.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What's the difference between these charmeleons? Is one rarer than the other?

Throwing in the japanese version as well. They were all in the same slot.
>>
>>26528823
One is from the Base set. The second if from Base Set 2, a later reprint of the first three sets released.
The Japanese one is a Dark Charmeleon from the Rocket expansion. Neither are terribly rare.
>>
>>26528823
What do you mean they were all in the same slot? In a binder? Because if so that means someone sucks ass at organizing. They're all from different sets and none of them are valuable or rare.
>>
>>26528823

Bottom is just a regular one.

Second one is a re-released "second edition" one, nothing special.

Last one is a "Team Rocket Charmeleon," nothing special, just part of a series.
>>
>>26528823
The first one is from Base Set 1. The second is from Base Set 2 which was a set of reprint cards, meaning it will be worth less. The Japanese one is actually Dark Charmeleon from the Rocket expansion, and could perhaps sell for a little more because it's foreign. You could realistically expect about $3-$5 for the three.
>>
>>26528871
I was like 10 yo when I put this together...
>>
>>26528948
I was younger than that when I started and I still knew to separate shit based on the set. Come on. Its written right on the card! Also, fuck people who organize their binders by type for the older cards, they have a numbering system on them follow it.
>>
File: edgy.png (184 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
184 KB, 375x360
>>26528998
Good for you, bud.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.