[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this: Do you think Ash will win the Kalos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: FutureChamp.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FutureChamp.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Let's settle this:
Do you think Ash will win the Kalos League?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10353298
>>
>there are people who honestly believe he will win
>>
File: 148203842.gif (28 KB, 194x192) Image search: [Google]
148203842.gif
28 KB, 194x192
>>
File: TODDMAD.jpg (121 KB, 1280x1296) Image search: [Google]
TODDMAD.jpg
121 KB, 1280x1296
>>26528362
>75% of No
>>
>>26528383

HAHAHAHAHA
Also bump.
>>
>>26528362
History says no. But he's got a strong team
>>
File: tobitob.jpg (15 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
tobitob.jpg
15 KB, 342x192
>people picking yes
>>
>>26528362
>almost defeated Diantha beforehand
>no league-exclusive rival BS
>they set him up to win against both Shota and Alan
>he's got a special snowflake super form that's described the way Tobias' Darkrai was in Sinnoh
They can't still screw him over however they want, but it is looking much more likely than usual. I'll believe.
>>
>>26528427
*they can still screw him over
>>
>>26528427

The first point alone is proof enough that Ash is far stronger than any potential league trainer. League trainers enter the competition at the hope of someday becoming as strong as the Champ, and Ash has already SURPASSED that level with his shiny new memefrog superform.

There's literally no one that can stop him.
Let this fag >>26528425 enter, I'd love to see Ash's frog sweep him 6-0.
>>
>>26528458
>tobias's last pokemon is arceus.
>>
File: Kekarot.gif (438 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
Kekarot.gif
438 KB, 239x200
>Ash
>Winning any league
>>
File: catfinger.jpg (32 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
catfinger.jpg
32 KB, 400x395
>>26528475
>Ash beats Arceus because he is just that good now
>next Pokemon is Mega FUG
>>
>>26528362
No, he's only won one league, and it was a minor one.
>>
Why do people think he will win?
I am not trying to meme at you, i'm honestly curious

This is the sixth time he's challenging a league, so what's different this time?
>>
>>26528804
Unlike you, they've actually seen the series.
>>
>>26528362
Actually yes, just so they can break the "unevitable deus ex machina loss" debate and also show stronkest Grenigger at full animu powerlevel. But they'll have him continue anyway since pokemonmastar doesn't equate to winning the league once
>>
He will be beaten by someone using Pokemans from the new region.

Buy Sun and Moon at your local Gamestop now and receive a shiny version of the Pokemon that beat his frog!
>>
if you do believe he will win,you are delusional

the anime is nothing but an endless cycle of winning the medals then lose

>new region starts
>get pokemon of that region
>goes through all the region to get medals
>fails the league
>companions gets archivied
>repeat
the same is going to happen,it's a vicious cycle which is going to continue until pokemon as a franchise doesn't end,because they can't let ash go

either this or some shit clichè like >>26528832
>>
As of now, a loss at the league would probably cause a lot of diehards to quit the show. XYZ has made Ash into the most competent trainer he has ever been, with the strongest team he has ever had.

That said, I'd like to see Ash-Greninja take on Cynthia's Garchomp.
>>
File: Ash vs Diantha.png (982 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Diantha.png
982 KB, 1280x720
>>26528804
This is pretty different from usual, to start.
>>
>>26528362

>It's 50/50

I know /vp/ is massively autistic but come the fuck on. He won't win. They show Is wildly inconsistent and predictions won't fucking matter. Your gay crush Ash and his gary-stu Greninja will lose as usual, stop.
>>
M-Rapidash will wreck his shit
>>
I honestly want Ash to lose. Especially to Alain, I hate Ash-Greninja so much. I hate the fact that only Ash an due it because he is such a mary sue fanfiction character.

Why can't other trainers who have strong bonds with Pokémon use it?

TL;DR Ash is a mary sue and so is Greninja, so I hope they lose to an actually competent trainer who doesn't use hax
>>
>>26528362
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10353298
Since there was no he has actual chance this time option I went to yes. My brain says probably not but my heart just won't relent.
>>
>>26529118
I don't think you know what Mary Sue means.
>>
>Ash loses league
lol he always loses why does he suck so much
>Ash wins league
fucken Gary Stu OP bullshit
>>
>>26529148
>He has an ability that only HE can use because he's SPECIAL

That's pretty much mary sue
>>
>>26529118
Ash got asshanded so many times, hes hardly a mary sue
>>
>>26529157
>Gary Stu
>after almost 20 years of winning a shit.
>>
>>26529161
"A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment."

Yeah Ash doesn't meet that description at all. He is incompetent, doesn't understand type advantages after 19 seasons and loses all the time.
>>
No because alola is the next
>>
>>26529186
>can only win with bullshit ability that no one else has

If he needs that to win he is not a competent trainer
>>
>people who think ash is winning after 18 years of coming up short in non-filler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GAj2v4BIE
>>
>>26529207
>XY Ash
>incompetent
>doesn't understand type advantages

Kek
>>
>>26529207
Then what can we use to describe his special snowflake powers?
>>
>>26529213
The main reason why he got Ash Greninja is because they wanted to give him a Kalos mon mega instead of bothering to develop a team for a whole series and then bring back an old mega-capable mon and make it the star, consequently shitting all over the development of said Kalos team. Blame Game Freak for not giving any Kalos Pokémon a mega (barring Diancie which is a mythical anyway).
>>
>>26529230
Plot
>>
>>26529242
That doesn't excuse that fact he needs hax to win against competent trainers
>>
>>26529242
>consequently shitting all over the development of said Kalos team
Greninja's doing that anyway
>>
>>26529256
Ash Greninja is used against mega evolutions. It's only fair.
>>
where can I download the latest episodes?
>>
>>26529305
http://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/#PocketMonstersXYSubbed
>>
>>26529305
Look in the OP of the anime general.
>>
>Needs special snowflake BS powers to even stand a chance against trainers like Alain
>Competent
>>
>>26528825
Alright, fair, i dropped out of the anime a long time ago.
But then tell me, what's happened in the anime that makes it seem more probable this time around?
Is it just that he's got a good team, or is there something more
>>
>>26529328
>faggot that use only mega Charizard for everything and OHKO Elite 4 members
>Ash being able to counter that with a non mega like power when he trains more than one pokemon and it's always 1 vs 1

Retard
>>
>>26528362
Ash is going to lose to some asshole with a Gen 7 shitmon. I really want him to win. But TPCi can't come up with a good enough excuse to make him go to Alola if he beat the league.

Maybe if we're lucky Team Flare will interrupt the league and the victor will be no one. But even with his fusion ability, I don't think he's going to "win".
>>
He's got a decent chance with memefrog, his Kalos team and some of the strong ass shit he has back home.

They'll find a way to not let him win though.
>>
>>26529353
No league COtD, fully evolved team (minus the obvious one of course), he's set up to win against the two strongest rivals in the league, snowflake power that surpass mega evolution, him being more competent than ever, him trashing champion diantha are a few examples

I personally think Team Flare will interrupt the league since they have not had their climax yet.
>>
>>26529353
Almost defeated the champion >>26529024 Only didn't because he was unable to control Ash Greninja perfectly back then and ended up fainting from the strain the synchro puts on his body.
>>
>>26528458
>The first point alone is proof enough that Ash is far stronger than any potential league trainer. League trainers enter the competition at the hope of someday becoming as strong as the Champ, and Ash has already SURPASSED that level with his shiny new memefrog superform.

Bullshit. Diantha was testing Ash and spamming Shadow Ball that did shit to Greninja who is a Dark type. She was shocked alright and he managed to hit Gardevoir but the next thing was Ash and Greninja fainting and Gardevoir still standing and even dealing with Team Rocket.

Only because Ash has a special Greninja doesnt mean he wont meet a super strong opponent in the league and most importantly that Greninja's power wont backfire again
>>
>>26529397
TPCi has nothing to do with the anime you retard. They only do a terrible job of english dubbing it.
>>
>>26529434
>TPCi has nothing to do with the anime you retard
That doesn't undo my statement. The writers are incompetent fucks who will have to make up some kind of bullshit to make Ash go to Alola. If they don't have him literally lose the league, something will still prevent him from winning. Maybe he'll have another heart attack in the finals and have to forfeit.
>>
People who think Ash will ever win a league need to quit being so delusional.
>>
>>26528362
Is the anime ending?
>>
>>26528362
Delia will win the Kalos League while revealing Mega Mr.Mime.
>>
>>26529424
Diantha misjudged its power. She was just testing him and then it went Ashninja driving her into a corner forcing her to mega evolve. She even said that if ashninjas attack hit it would have been the end. Even says this in the last issue of pokemon fan. Then when she mega evolved she thought she was good to go and spammed shadow ball because she thought it was enough but once again she misjudged greninja since it easily deflected the shadow balls. Then full power water shuriken had greater power than full power shadow ball she understood how much she misjudged its strength. I'm not even sure if gardevoir would have done much better using moonblast since we see greninja always cut up sphere moves like electro ball, psychic and reflect can't do damage either on greninja.
>>
>>26529256
It's used against other mega evos, bar Shota. Furthermore, he was haxed in the semifinals of DP league
>>
>>26529267
It's always been that way though, theres always been one non-Pikachu Pokemon that too more of the spotlight than the rest of the team. First it was Charizard, then Sceptile, then Infernape and now Greninja.
>>
>>26528362
>47% Yes

How
>>
File: 1452236427826.jpg (155 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1452236427826.jpg
155 KB, 640x720
>>26528646
>Mega Fug Synchro Evolves with Tobias
>ash face when
>>
>>26529424

>Diantha was testing Ash and spamming Shadow Ball that did shit to Greninja who is a Dark type.

She wasn't testing him. Moonblast and Shadowball are the only offensive moves she had against it. And Moonblast, apparently, required too much charging time for her to use it effectively.

Ash drove her into a corner and would have KO'd her Mega Gardevoir had he not fainted. Also, Diantha used Shadowball against that Absol Trainer which almost ohko'd it.
>>
Unless if the writers changed their mind, they said Ash will never win a league until his adventure is over. So either the anime would be over, or the shows would focus on his son or daughter.
>>
45% of the people here are retards. Good to know.
>>
>>26531344
Is that new to you?
>>
File: 1456617416839.png (430 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456617416839.png
430 KB, 900x900
>Ash will never win the League
>>
File: 1464599244194.jpg (92 KB, 646x522) Image search: [Google]
1464599244194.jpg
92 KB, 646x522
>>26530406
kek I can see this happening
>>
File: man1.jpg (162 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
man1.jpg
162 KB, 1000x1333
Do you think Charlie Brown will kick the football?
>>
>>26529423
>testing his strength because olympia vision =/= going all out
>>
>>26530406
I'd love it if they turned Tobias into a troll "fuck you" character. Then I'd want his 3rd Pokemon to be Mewtwo.
>>
>>26533261
A third one, preferably.
>>
>>26530406
>>26533118
>>26533261
>After overwhelming Greninjash, Tobias turns to him and says:
>It's not even his final form
>>
>>26533159
Will Wile E. Coyote ever eat Road Runner?
>>
>>26528475
Tobias is arceus.
>>
>>26529424
>ut the next thing was Ash and Greninja fainting and Gardevoir still standing and even dealing with Team Rocket.
No, the next thing was Gardevoir fainting. She used up the last bit of her energy to blast off Team Rocket and then fell out of Mega Evolution because she had no more energy left. If Ash and Greninja would have landed that last Aerial Ace, Gardevoir would have been defeated. No question.
>>
>42% Yes

The /padt/ faggotry is strong in this thread.
>>
>>26533336
Enter Mewtwo's new Mega. Mewtwo-T.
It gets +200 bst, Mega evolves by knowing Psystrike, and has an anime only ability that acts as Wonder Guard to any pokemon owned by Ash.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.