[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does GF waste so much potential with this? >They will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: images (5).jpg (13 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
13 KB, 400x240
Why does GF waste so much potential with this?

>They will update it to be compatible with gen 1
>When they launch gen 2 on VC, will be compatible too.
>if they launch gen 3 on VC... compatible.
>They can easily update it to transfer mons from gen4, but will never do.
>The set up a move and pokemon block, so you can't have mega fug in XY, but bring back your pokemon to gen5... impossible

Why... why don't they do an all generations store bank for God's sake?
>>
>>26522456

Because money. Or retardation. Or both.

GameFreak and Nintendo never get this shit right, OP. You should know this by now.
>>
Gen 4 is 10 years old at this point. I don't think they're too worried about compatibility with games that old.
>>
>>26522456
Ok, show us the exact coding they'll need to do to make it possible. You claim it'll be easy, but I want you to put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>26525594
There are no need to code. They already have it coded in my pokemon ranch.
>>
>>26525610
Except they don't you retard.
>>
>>26525594
>gamefreak apologists have arrived
>>
Because kids have not own money
>>
Maybe a dumb question, but does Pokebank transfer items as well? I want to restart Y, but I don't want to lose my Pokémon or items. Would Pokebank solve my issue?
>>
>>26525643
Nope sadly.
>>
>>26525657
Damn.
>>
>>26525617
Why don't you explain why it wouldn't be possible?

If they can make gen 1 games have wireless trading and be able to trade to Sun & Moon. They can do what the OP is asking for.
>>
>They will update it to be compatible with gen I

What's wrong with this?

>When they launch gen II on VC, will be compatible too

Again, what's wrong?

>If they launch gen III on VC... compatible

Again again, what's wrong with this?

>They can easily update it to transfer mons from gen IV, but will never do

A. Not easy.
B. You can just up-transfer to Gen V.

>The set up a move and pokemon block, so you can't have mega fug in XY, but bring back your pokemon to gen V... impossible

What the fuck are you even saying here? Do you speak English, motherfucker? Your dank memes are unwarranted and distill your argument even moreso than your ignorance already does. You can't transfer backwards due to stat and moveset changes added to the Pokemon's file in new games, as well as time, trainer, and other data changes that cannot be unchanged without possibility of corruption of that pokemon's file, or others upon transferring backwards.

Sit on a fucking stick, you blundering retard.
>>
>>26525827
For one unlike gen 5 the gen 4 games had an odd encryption which was the main reason the game took so long to save.
Secondly the gen 4 games have no way to connect to outside apps when you're not accessing the game, to make it bank compatible they would have to rehaul and re-release gen 4.
>>
The question is, would we be able to transfer old gen mons caught in gen 7 to a gen 6 game, as long as they don't contain anything new?
>>
>>26526378
probably not. nothing goes backwards with bank. everyone needs to just accept this.
>>
>>26526378
Of course there's no reason why not.
>>
>>26527311
Hello, shill.
>>
>>26527311
Dude, there's nothing barring them from going back unlike gen 5 to bank
>>
>>26527354
there's barely even roadblocks with gen 5. BW/BW2 were compatible with dream radar so bank shouldn't be much of an issue.
>>
>>26527395
Except for the pokemon file type literally changing.
Oh yeah and don't forget how most pokemon had BST changes.

The dream radar also isn't compatible with the actual 3DS games anon.
>>
>>26527395
It'll probably brick your game cartridge.
>>
>>26527395
>there's barely even roadblocks with gen 5.
Gen 5 aren't even compatible with the new files the only reason the dream radar works is because it was designed specifically for the gen 5 games.
Forcing the extra data back into the original game will fuck up the cart hard.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.