[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Simple changes that you feel would make a design better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: garchompv2.png (609 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
garchompv2.png
609 KB, 1280x1280
ITT: Simple changes that you feel would make a design better.

Please nothing drastic, I don't want this to turn into one of those threads where people slowly remove features to look like gen 1 Pokemon and the joke is that they end up removing everything. That joke is so overdone.

Just minor things.
>>
>>26522089
For Garchomp, I'd say remove the pill ears and the star pattern on the nose. The black lines along the body could probably go too but it may be overkill.
>>
File: binacle.png (125 KB, 413x419) Image search: [Google]
binacle.png
125 KB, 413x419
Barbaracle is badass.
>>
Getting rid of Popplio's ears
>>
>>26522124
I actually tried removing the star to see how it looked and it made the design look too plain, in my opinion.

The pill ears are referencing its jet motif, so no way are those leaving.I have a pic that shows off the jet motif a bit clearly, let me find it.
>>
>>26522142
Remove the "chub" around the eyes, make them stand out more, brighter ice, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>26522156
I can understand the motivation behind a lot of the design choices but they do kinda stick out like a sore thumb. Chomp's a tight design, honestly, removing anything would make him odd. Maybe work the teeth so they don't look like they're just attached to his lips.
>>
File: other_art_setteigarchomp01.jpg (58 KB, 700x485) Image search: [Google]
other_art_setteigarchomp01.jpg
58 KB, 700x485
>>26522168
Yeah, he's my favorite Pokemon.

>rework the teeth
I personally think at that point that's just critiquing style and not design, most Pokemon with teeth like that have it drawn that way. Like Tyrantrum.

>>26522156
>>26522124
Here's the model sheet.
>>
>>26522124
>>26522156
>>26522201
the pill ears are there because hammershark
>>
>>26522089
Either make his arms look like they don't belong to a starved Chinese factory child worker or make the fins on his back and arms smaller. Right now the proportions are completely fucked up.
>>
>>26522157
>ice
>rock type

literally how
>>
>>26522089
scrap everything and start again from scratch
>>
I can't Photoshop for shit, but can someone try to make Serperior without the arm stubs.
>>
>>26522975
Holy shit I just noticed those arms. They look even more ridiculous with that fat neck too.
>>
Making the moveset for the mega of your pokemon different than the base in someway. Maybe something simple like the slot 1 move gets replaced by a mega only move. Or just able to switch out two moves for two others in its possible moveset.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.