[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw. Protip, you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: Pokemon-X-Y.jpg (864 KB, 3649x1607) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y.jpg
864 KB, 3649x1607
Find a flaw.

Protip, you can't
>>
>>26521110
ZYKEKE
Y
C
U
C
K
E

also no E4 rematches with different mons
>>
Find something good about Gen VI. Protip: you can't
>>
>>26521124
Does cuck really filter into kek? Lol!
>>
File: 1463210989328.png (242 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1463210989328.png
242 KB, 890x890
>>26521110
>>
Trevor, Tierno and Shauna got awards along with you and Calem/Serena even though they didn't do jack shit
>>
They made a Pokemon-world equivalent to Audrey Hepburn, and they didn't do more with her.

What a waste of potential.

At least she's cute.
>>
>>26521110
Zygarde
>>
File: d98.jpg (58 KB, 563x601) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
58 KB, 563x601
>>
>>26521136
Models make it so that you don't just see a tree when using Torterra

Amie is something people have been wanting since the first games, even if it is limited

almost all of Gen 6's new Pokemon are great
>>
Lysandre was too easy for an evil team villain, even with mega gyarados

although that's because at least in Gen 5 ghetsis put up a hell of a fight and i wanted that again
>>
>>26521136
Team building improvements which in total if I listed out everyone would be a good few by itself
>>
>>26521110
6th gen in general is a flaw.
>>
>>26521110
I liked XY but it's flawed. For starters, no postgame.
>>
>>26521136
Amie.
>>
>>26522322
>For starters, no postgame
I like XY a lot, but the biggest thing that's wrong with them is that the story was really ambitious, but they didn't really develop the region or the story after the first 3 gyms. There's weird stuff like the lab assistants' alter egos that's never really followed up on, and the friends' storylines are barely developed. The Looker episode was great though.
>>
>>26522354
It's like they gave up and wanted a release date with hype. Early game is nice, but it's really garbage after 3rd gym
>>
>>26521110
I know you're hardcore baiting, but here goes

>Handholding the entire fucking game
>Easy as shit the entire game
>Literally don't have to catch a damn thing, the game just fucking gives Pokemon to you
>Mega evolution is introduced as a cool concept and just fucking forgotten about until the post game
>Speaking of which, the post game is borderline-nonexistant besides hunting for mega stones
>Mega stones can also only fucking be found between 8-9pm for some stupid as fuck reason
>The worst rival in history, only ever used 4 waifu-tier shitmons until the Postgame
>You beat them and its "oh hahaha I guess you were just stringer than me!"
>Trevor, Shauna and Tierno are fucking wasted, ESPECIALLY Trevor
>Gym leaders are locked at 3 mons forever, and E4 are locked at 4
>Because of EXP share you're over leveled the entire fucking game
>Inb4 "Just turn it off anon!", Fuck you
>Gen 1 pandering literally everywhere
>Zygarde cuckold
>Box legendaries shoehorned into the plot for no goddamn reason at all
>Team flare seems interesting enough, but there are too many characters within so everything gets fucking confusing and/or forgotten about it
>Wasted champion design
>Wasted gym leader designs (mostly)
>3D models of older mons look fucking retarded because of the switch to 3D and nobody could be fucked to spruce them up a bit
>Rollerblades
>Too many Pokemon in one region and half of them go unseen as a result
>Shortest game to date
>Pandering to mobile phone audience
>All those planned eventmons that went unused
>Only one fucking backdrop for the fucking online battles
>Free for all battles suck dick
>Character customization, while nice, is barebones at best and if you play as male you get zero variety
>Too many fucking loose ends
>Literally fuck these games

Fuck you OP, these games are literally the worst games since R/S
>>
>>26522390
Are you that guy who broke down why RS/ORAS are complete shit. I think it was on Wednesday they wrote it.
>>
>>26522390
What's wrong with rollerblades?
>>
>>26522390
None of those are valid complaints.
>>
File: Dream_Destiny_Knot_Sprite.png (6 KB, 84x90) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Destiny_Knot_Sprite.png
6 KB, 84x90
>>26521136
>>
>>26522510
Nothing if they were like bikes and could be unequipped whenever instead of being forced permanently.
>>
>>26522525
Hi OP, nice to see you. Kindly go fuck yourself
>>
>>26522554
But you can just use the pad like we've been doing for 20 years. I forgot I even had then most of the time.
>>
>>26522525
Nice b8
>>
>>26522390
>all this hyperbole about the gift Pokemon

>EXP share increases EXP gain by 250%
>he thinks it wasn't intended to be the easy mode

>Too many characters in Teemphlair
>literally just Lysandre, Malva, and Xerosic, while everyone else is basically a generic grunt with maybe a funny hat

>implying we aren't getting Floette-Eternal around the release of SM

>most of this is literally opinions

Jesus Christ, anon. I'll give you the stuff about the handholding, the rivals, and the loose ends, but Jesus Christ.

>wasted character designs
It's fucking easy to design a character. Any asshole can make one up in 5 minutes.
>>
>>26521110
No complaints here.
>>
>>26522614

I dont know if this is b8, unlike OP

>Gift Pokemon.

Starter
Torchic
Kanto starter
Lucario (mega)
Lapras
Fossil
Forcing you to catch legendary

>Easy Mose
The game can fucking turning on easy mode by default, you have to go out of your way to turn it off. It's the default.

Too many characters
>Most Rivals in a game
>Most Admins in a Game
>Random Professor assistants with no relevance
>gym leaders never leave the gym
>only Malva is seen once outside of the Elite 4
>>
The games made me feel like a special individual, they helped me from suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>26522390
>the worst games since R/S
R/S were the best though
>>
>>26521110
Very poor postgame.
>>
>>26522742
My sides, Hoennshitters really believe this.
>>
>>26522711
>he thinks Torchic counts 3 years after the games came out
oh boy

better count every event mon ever then.

>He complains about easy mode when he can turn it off
>he talks about the game in its default state and then counts the event Torchic

>Too many characters
They don't really count if they do nothing ever and have no personality. The admins are basically just fancy grunts.
>>
>>26522711
>>Most Admins in a Game
Really?
Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Charon, Cyrus himself. Flare only had one more. The 4 girls, Xerosic, and Lysandre. This is just grasping for things to complain about, like having the "easy mode" be the default. So what? Is there something inherently wrong about making the people who want it "harder" have to be the ones to go out of their way to do ao? and not the people who are apparently so brain-dead they are having a hard time with a Pokemon game?

And I think you had maybe 2 less gifts in BW. You had
Starter
Victini
Monkey
Fossil
Forced legendary
And I don't remember if you could get the Larvesta and Magikarp before beating the game.
>>
>pokemon handhold and roadblock

packed a lot of punch, but went soft and pulled back.
>>
>>26521110
Exp Share breaks the game.
>>
>>26522374
I wouldn't be surprised if they only worked hard on the early areas they knew reviewers would stop at.
>>
>>26521110
The game sets up tons of concepts and doesn't build on them. It feels unfinished, as if they planned a third game that is obviously not coming anymore.
>>
>>26522711
Go out of your way? It's in the fucking menu. It's like four button presses. If you can't do that maybe you should be grateful for easy mode. They made it the default for kids and retards like you who don't realize you have a key items menu.
>>
Anyone saying exp share is a flaw has no opinion worth taking seriously. It makes post-game grinding a breeze (more important now than ever with breeding and battling being so much better) and you can just turn it off during playthroughs.
>>
>>26522284
This. OP is a bad bait
>>
File: 1454435130917.png (43 KB, 706x669) Image search: [Google]
1454435130917.png
43 KB, 706x669
>>26522742
>>
>>26525292
You can turn it off, but most people don't know any better and take all the free exp they can get. The game should be balanced around exp share from the moment they give it.
>>
File: 1402596362620.jpg (35 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1402596362620.jpg
35 KB, 500x469
>>26522390
Nice opinions dude. XY are my favorite Pokemon games, how does that make you feel?
>>
>>26521110
As >>26522284 said, Gen 6 is just on gigantic flaw.
>>
>>26525421
Like you need to wait 10 years to post here.
>>
File: generation 6 of Pokémon.png (536 KB, 1280x1664) Image search: [Google]
generation 6 of Pokémon.png
536 KB, 1280x1664
>>26521110

Introduced only 72 new Pokémon and Mega evolution.
>>
>>26521110

Genwunner pandering, preventing Kalos from having a unique identity and thus leading to a really generic adventure, even by Pokemon's standards.
>>
way to fucking easy
>>
>>26521110
The only real problem I have with it is that the level design fucking sucks. Look at the Power Plant or the Pokeball Factory and then compare them to literally any other team hideout area in the series.
>>
>>26526540
They all are, excluding maybe first twp gens.
>>
>>26525561
>Had to introduce tons of alternate forms to make it not look so feeble.
Every day I get more and more reason to be frustrated with gen 6.
>>
File: 1428356847388.png (33 KB, 767x917) Image search: [Google]
1428356847388.png
33 KB, 767x917
>>26525561
>Introduced only 72 new Pokémon
The designs are top notch though so I don't mind. Quality > quantity. Gen V introduced over 150 Pokemon but over half of them were shit (including the worst starters and legendaries in the series) so I don't see how that's supposed to be better.
>inb4 Unova defense squad
>>
>>26526697
Are you serious? There's a point where you need to stop trying to find things to be upset about. They didn't make alternate forms to make the Dex look bigger. That's just flavor and personality. This is literally nothing to complain about. Its like complaining about the cherry on top of the shit sundae. They didnt go "well we made 20 billion Vivillions, guess we dont need to make any other Pokemon".They made Megas to make the Dex look bigger.
>>
>>26526737
Can't it be both?

It's not like I have to try very hard to be disappointed with it.
>>
File: 2lsB5US1qkk1590.jpg (505 KB, 850x980) Image search: [Google]
2lsB5US1qkk1590.jpg
505 KB, 850x980
I really enjoyed xy but it was flawed

>flat rivals, tierno and Trevor and total shit don't do anything, shauna is just kinda obnoxious, and calem/Serena have no personality I respect you as a friend
>washed out 3d
I know it was the first 3d game so I give it a pass and oras did improve game models
>little customization options
Again, it was the starter of this so I don't expect much
>no seasons
>team flare sucked, lysandre was just too easy
>gen 1 pandering like crazy
>little development with AZ
>mega evolution not explored more
>gym leaders are kinda forgettable

I give it a break bc it's the first for a lot of things; it's the first 3d, it's the first customization, it's the first mega evolution. It adds in new features and then people complain about them not being enough, like get the fuck over yourself.

I think for me the biggest issues were the rivals because they fucking sucked and d e e p e s t l o r e wasnt expanded enough. There was a fair amount of hand holding and the past game was lacking; I spent most of it making a living dex though.

Gifts aren't an issue, just don't use them. You can make the game harder yourself, stop whining.
There's a lot of shit people complain about that are totally optional but the fact they're there is enough to trigger them, and if you're one of those people then fuck off to your safe space.
>>
>>26522737
this is a good one
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.