[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x168
What went wrong?
>>
new hardware
>>
Nothing that Platinum didn't fix.
>>
>>26520693
My favorite gen. But my least favorite entry games, after Platinum, Diamond and Pearl are unplayable.

Also, HGSS are fucking great. Also, the Physical/Special Split
>>
>>26520693
Continuing RS's legendary before 7th's legendary pattern
>>
>>26520718
>>
>>26520721
This. I think gen 5 is the best gen overall because it had consistent quality throughout
>>
>>26520693
Mt cornet
>>
DP were pretty bad installments, but the parts that it got right were important. Physical/Special split, online, etc. As >>26520718 said, Platinum & HGSS dodged almost all the issues DP had. The only thing they couldn't fix was the shitty pokemon designs.
>>
>>26520693
everything and nothing
>>
File: Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png (376 B, 24x24) Image search: [Google]
Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png
376 B, 24x24
>Walking surf speed.
>>
>>26520693
Only Rapidash and Infernape were the pre-Elite 4 fire types
>>
>>26521413
I don't feel like this is in practice as big an issue as people make it out to be since if you wanted a fire-type and you didn't pick Chimchar Ponyta was so perfectly placed right outside Gardenia's town you could just catch it and go. this was when they really figuring out how to do type distribution.
>>
They got me back into the series.
>>
>>26520693
handholding, linear, roadblocks to "next route in game," dead story, no emotional climax and catharsis, baby pokemon, unnecessary evolutions, slow like a kid with downs, no following pokemon
>>
nothing desu senpai

great set of games
>>
>>26521679
Can't tell if b8. You'll see how shit they are if they're remade
>>
>flint only has 2 fire types on his team since DP only introduced 3(5)
>Random lopunny with fire punch
>>
>>26520741
Gen V was good mechanically, but the godawful story and the constant fucking rival battles and roadblocks made it extremely annoying to play.
>>
>>26521478
>unnecessary evolutions
Fuck you, all the evos save rhyperior and lickilicky were great.
>>
>>26521778
And baby Pokemon

Other than that most of them are amazing.
>>
>>26520693
>He doesn't enjoy all of the games
>>
>>26520789
if you are talking about the design, yes, that fucking maze is awful

if you are talking about the music, SHUT UP BLOODY WANKER.
>>
>>26522068
Nah DPPt. Is comfy af
>>
>>26520693

Nothing. They're brilliant games, and people who don't like them have shit taste.
>>
>>26520693
/vp/ being flooded by genwar threads every day
>>
>>26521778
Rhypherior was great because it meant Eviolite Rhydon is a thing
>>
>>26520693
Game freak will never be able to do better than Platinum.
>>
>>26520693
Apart from the slow ass battle pacing.
Nothing that matters to me.
>>
>>26520693
The engine.
>>
>>26520693
Too slow
>>
>>26524625
Oh and no fire types.

If you didn't pick the fire starter your only fire type option was Ponyta, or waiting post-game. Not a fun choice in a region where fire would be very useful.
>>
4th gen really could of added a few more of its own pokemon rather then the huge influx of evo's. I actually enjoy a lot of the Evo's older gen mons got, but it did make the dex feel a lot smaller then what it actually what.

I think a new zubat and a new Geodude would of been much more effective for this generation. I love me some Crobat and Golem, but geez man, we already had 3 generations of getting swarmed by the bats and rocks, it would of been nice for something new to mix it up.

Outside of a lack of fire types and a slow engine, I actually remember Diamond and Pearl much more fondly. Prehapes even more then I actually enjoyed them when they first came out.

It was the gen that got me back into pokemon, and the Physical/Special split was just dying to happen.

I personally have a bias towards enjoying gen 5 myself, but gen 4 is pretty much right up there with it.
>>
>>26520693

Doesn't have every Pokémon in it.
>>
>>26521413
spheal and snorunt were the only ice-types in hoenn and they weren't available for the first 6 gyms but nobody bats a fucking eye
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>26521778
You're right, but forgetting a shit evolution to a shit pokemon.
>>
>>26524811
This desu. If you really wanted a fire type you would have chosen Chimchar, plus there are countless Pokémon that learn Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Not to mention plenty of options to battle Gardenia.
>>
>>26524811
Ice is typically a useless type that gf hated since gen 1 anyways
>>
>>26520693
Only two fire types
>>
>>26521778
Actually thanks to rhydon's evolution he's now the superior pokemon in his evolution line because of the Eviolite.
it's a blessing in disguise.
>>
>>26520693
Everything except the physical/special split.
>>
>>26520718
>>26520721
This, i remember hatind Diamond when i played it, but am playing through platinum right now and really like it and i cant even explain why i like it so much more, can anyone explain the differences that make it better. I played diamond when it first came out so cant rmember it too well other than i hated it.
>>
>>26524821
Good Goyim
>>
>>26526489
Platinum has the Distortion World, and has much better pacing.
>>
>>26524811
>Sinnoh defense squad hating on Hoenn
The fucking Gen 4 fanboy memes are real.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.