[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed.png (46 KB, 399x368) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
46 KB, 399x368
Someone can explain me what is Greninja Ash supposed to be? I'm not into the anime.
Is this a pre-mega-evo? A fusion? A form? Why?
>>
>>26518038
A marketing ploy.
>>
>>26518038
Is an alternative form the writers decided to give to Ash's main pokemon of kalos. Since Ash will lack of a mega-evolution, that things fills the roll for the "friendship is magic extra evolution" slot.
>>
>>26518038
they refer to it as a Synchro forme in the anime
>>
No one knows yet, it just happened "because of their close bond", The protagonists of the show are still figuring out "why" though.
To the show, it's just an excuse to not give Ash a mega, and instead have his own original shit.
Also, some would speculate that it's a new form of evolution to be included in S/M as "synchro evolution", but I highly doubt so.
>>
File: fuckingwhen.png (2 MB, 1651x927) Image search: [Google]
fuckingwhen.png
2 MB, 1651x927
>>26518080
>Also, some would speculate that it's a new form of evolution to be included in S/M as "synchro evolution"
What could these Crystals mean? I think just legendary stuff.
>>
An excuse to not permanently buff Ash by giving him a Key Stone
>>
>>26518038
It is find out when Pokemon Sun and Moon are released! :^)
>>
I hated Ash Greninja so much when I first saw it, but after watching it's battles in the show, I'm hyped as fuck.

>Dat water shield/giant water shuriken transformation during the Diantha fight

>Dat music

>Dat alpha-as-fuck Ash screaming "MOTTO MOTTO"

Shit makes me want Pokemon fusion in S&M now.
>>
File: tTnwArx[1].jpg (965 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
tTnwArx[1].jpg
965 KB, 2048x1536
It's basically a Mega Evolution. The power boost is the same, and it gives off that same energy.

Basically, it's a mega that doesn't require a key stone or a mega stone.
>>
>>26518107
Giving him a key stone would have been more of a temporary buff than what this is just because it's easier to get rid of.
>>
I like to imagine that it's just Grenina's Protean acting up.
It's adapting Greninja to Ash himself.
>>
>>26518164
More like a stronger mega evolution. It was already pushing Diantha back and she was shown one hit KOing Wikstrom.
>>
Ash's Greninja is special and it really loves Ash for some reason so therefore they can synch.
>>
>>26518179
That's some shit tier headcanon you have there
>>
>>26518105
I just noticed, are they pulling a black/white again?
The crystal colors in the logos are opposite.
>>
File: 1464589034857274508274.png (510 KB, 560x592) Image search: [Google]
1464589034857274508274.png
510 KB, 560x592
>>26518105
During this scene, Olympia brought up Ash and Frogadier's/Greninja's future of great power, and how they will be able to obtain it if they "face each other with care".

Those light shapes that represent Ash and Frogadier/Greninja individualy do look similar to the ones on the logo. They also merge together and have a Blue/Orange tint on the sides.
>>
Syncro would be totally fine if it didn't give Greninja hair. Honestly, they might as well have given them auras whenever they sync. Rip off of DB but nobody would care.
>>
>>26518107
>>26518174
Its so weird, why would they do this? giving him a mega stone would be a lot easier to to handle and explain, and it would not be that difficult to give him a new mega stone every new region. By doing this they are only making things more complicate for the future, now they will need to come up with new bullshit every new region just to give Ash something to fight in against mega evolutions.
>>
>>26521998
No, see, this thing is the counter to megas.

If he were given a regular mega then that mega could easily be disposed of later.
>>
Digimon ripoff
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-30+at+01.28.21).jpg (164 KB, 1268x712) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-30+at+01.28.21).jpg
164 KB, 1268x712
According to the anime
>This isn't the first time the same Greninja form has appeared, last time was long ago when some ninja village was in danger or some shit
>Bonnie/Eureka gives him the name Ash-Greninja in ep 20 I think
>Both Ash and Greninja's feelings need to be focused

It's basically the next mega evolution (synchro evolution)

Stronger than mega evolution, it would make sense as you can see trainers in battle now
>>
>>26518105
They look like revives to me lol.
>>
>>26520720
It's frills, or if you want to get into protean territory, a skin texture change, like how octopi can change theirs to blend in.
>>
>>26518038
raw mega evolution. less stable than a keystone/megastone-regulated mega, but has variable strength and can potentially become vastly stronger mid-form, at the risk of dangerous feedback overload to trainer and pokemon
>>
>>26518164
finally, someone who agrees!
>>
>>26523442
It doesn't give off the same energy as mega evolution though, it was explicitly noted by Alan. His key stone didn't react to it.
>>
>>26518145
>That time when the music started during the sceptile fight
>trolled.exe
>>
>>26523498
doesnt mean its not another form of mega evolution.
mega evolution is formed with a strong bond with the trainer, and ash greninja happens when ash and geninjas bond is at their strongest.
or it could just be an ashime thing like virus groudon idk.
>>
>If we make more mega evolutions we will have to hide more mega stones in the games
>Obviously this would be tedious and they realized this after making XY and ORAS
>We need to get rid of the mega stone mechanic without removing mega evolution
>Satoshi Gekkouga was made to introduce this feature so by the time Sun and Moon launch we are not blindsided by the change.
>>
>>26523549
My guess as to why it's an equivalent to mega evolution and not specifically mega evolution is that Team Flare will drain all mega evolution energy for their weapon meaning Ash Greninja will be the only Pokémon able to fight against them since it doesn't run on that energy.

>>26523610
If it were up to me, when it comes to old mega evolutions I'd just have an NPC in future games give you a Pokémon's mega stone when you go talk to him with said Pokémon in your party, while I'd hide just the new mega stones in the game world instead of all of them.
>>
>>26523610
I actually can believe this
>>
>>26523610
Actually not a really bad idea. Instead of creating mega stones, the Pokemon and the trainer do "synchro". Designs are like normal megas with no "trainerization", but at least you aren't required to collect the stones. The Pokemon's item slot automatically fills up so that it still can't use an item.
>>
An abomination spawned from an abomination.
>>
>>26523874

Fuck you, it looks cool in battle despite how retarded it looks in the art in the OP.
The butterfly wings morphing into a ninja star as well as him looking like a badass surrounded with a whirlpool of water are all great.
>>
This is them preparing to bring it all together. You will meet Ash in S/M. They will have a weekly update that makes TV, gym leaders and select trainers talk about stuff Ash is doing in the anime. Finally when you get to the E4 it will be like the League in the anime where you fight through weaker trainers first (first time only)then have to fight the E4 and Champion proper. They will record the teams people are using and have Ash fight the teams used the most in the show. Then after it is all finished there will be a final update where Ash is standing in the League waiting for you, he will tell you he is leaving Alola and wants you to have an old friend of his he then gives you Greninja who has a unique ability that lets him synchro with you, when he synchros it gains protean, side burns that are black and red change to match your characters hair colour.
>>
File: 220px-Ho-Oh_Debut.png (71 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ho-Oh_Debut.png
71 KB, 220x165
>>26518038
I anticipate this being an Amie thing. the more you interact with it, it becomes you or something. this whole mystery surrounding this is just as interesting as Ho-oh being seen in the first episode
>>
File: Synchronization.jpg (26 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Synchronization.jpg
26 KB, 400x240
>>26518038
It's based on Pokemon-Amie's affection effects
>pic-related
>>
>>26523874
I didn't realize Ash-Greninja originated from the comics.
>>
>>26518038
https://youtu.be/pNyivz2-O8U
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.