[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give a description for a Pokemon Type. Describe what that type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: vnstODV.jpg (269 KB, 1428x741) Image search: [Google]
vnstODV.jpg
269 KB, 1428x741
Give a description for a Pokemon Type. Describe what that type means, what it represents, what being that type of Pokemon entails, and so on. Be as autistic with your definition of the type as you'd like.
>>
>>26517738
>Dark
CRAAAWLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIN
>>
Autistic thread. What besides "Pokemon that uses or associates with fire" do you expect fire type to mean?
>>
>>26517841
Pokemon that have a burning passion for you
>>
File: wheezing.jpg (129 KB, 700x568) Image search: [Google]
wheezing.jpg
129 KB, 700x568
>>26517738
Alright, I'll do Poison.

Poison type means things that are poisonous, venomous, polluting, or otherwise damaging to health via acid or disease, along with the aforementioned ways.
It can represent living beings of poisonous nature, like Qwilfish (based on the fugu blowfish, I assume), Skuntank (noxious gases of a skunk while not technically poisonous, are debilitating), Toxicroak (Tree frogs with poisonous skin),and Amoonguss( poisonous fungi). Nidoking/Nidoqueen could also be here, as though they aren't directly based on one animal, they have spines (porcupines) which inject poison.
Venomous creatures the poison type represents are pokemon like Arbok (Cobra), Seviper (Viper), Tentacruel ( Jellyfish), Ariados (Spider) Beedrill (Hornet), Drapion (Scorpion), and Scolipede (Milli/Centipede).
The final category we have is monsters based off of the concept of pollution. Gengar and Weezing representing air pollution, Muk for water pollution, and Garbodor for land pollution.
One last addendum is creatures that aren't poisonous in real life, like Crobat, and Victreebel, which are given the poison type in the game.
That is what the poison type represents.
>>
Flying - Things that fly and/or are associated with wind
Bug - Athropods and worms
Normal - Normal animals and things that don't fit anywhere else
Rock - Prehistoric or made of rock
>>
>>26517738
What is there to be said? A lot of them are based on elemental powers that have existed as long as folklore has existed, and are pretty straightforward. Some of them, though, are more of a species than an elemental power. Flying and Ghost could be said to be both, but that I find that to be shaky at best. The only one that has any real debate to it is the Dark type, and it's not one that is ever going to be resolved around here. Regardless, any of them are very loosely defined in how they are assigned to pokemon. To the point one can question why the system exists to begin with when a vast majority of pokemon are not limited to their types AT ALL, and have no real reason why they can't use ALL types.
>>
>>26517973
just have fun man
>>
>>26518224
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING HAS TO BE CLEARLY DEFINED. IF YOU DO NOT OBEY THE GAME, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!
>>
Fairy - anything mostly pink
Normal - anything mostly white
Dark - anything mostly black
Grass - anything mostly green
Ice - anything mostly light blue
and so on.
>>
Fire - a process in which substances combine chemically with oxygen from the air and typically give out bright light, heat, and smoke; combustion or burning
Water - a colourless, transparent, odourless, liquid which forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms
Grass - vegetation consisting of typically short plants with long, narrow leaves, growing wild or cultivated on lawns and pasture, and as a fodder crop
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.