[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw. Protip: you might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png (118 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png
118 KB, 250x224
Find a flaw.

Protip: you might
>>
SLOW
L
O
W
>>
The manga was better
>>
>no option to romance the champion

Shit game
>>
File: reshiram-zekrom.png (576 KB, 1085x654) Image search: [Google]
reshiram-zekrom.png
576 KB, 1085x654
Was instantly outdone.
>>
>>26516410
Too many HMs.
>>
>>26516410

no fire types aside from chimp and ponyta
one gen behind reusable TMs
>>
Cancer region

Slow as shit

Weak OST

Subpar pokemon designs
>>
>>26516410
most of the pokemon looked like shit
>>
>>26516512

platinum had the best overworld themes in the series
>>
I actually thought the pacing was fine, and it wasn't slow. However, I hated the North/South parts of routes. It really screws over anyone doing a Locke. I guess, one bad thing are that classes like Bird Keepers used Ace Trainers as their overworld sprites. Otherwise, Platinum is perfect.
>>
>>26516530
Define overworld, do you mean routes?
>>
File: Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png (376 B, 24x24) Image search: [Google]
Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png
376 B, 24x24
>>
>>26516554
Delete this
>>
>>26516547

everything outside of battles
>>
>mountain pianos
>>
>>26516512
Cynthia's theme is hands down the best champion theme bar none.

The gym leader theme is also extremely well done.
>>
>>26516570
Route music was pretty decent in gen 4, it had some great tracks but I still don't think it's the best in the series

How you can think the city music in gen 4 is good is beyond my comprehension. All the city themes are bland (with the exception of canalave) as shit and floroma town has the absolute worst city theme in the series hands down
>>
Actually playing through it right now. It's kinda slow, especially the saving process. I feel like all the routes look the same, but that's just a minor flaw.
Mostly, I don't like the Pokemon in the region. Lickilicky for example is pretty fine, in my opinion, but most Pokemon that I can catch and train aren't just for me. Especially in the beginning (first few gym leaders) you catch the same Pokemon. It's a slow process until you gradually find a few more, and that's fine, if I would've liked them. I just seen most Pokes 100 times if not more now. So I really don't think there is a lot of variety there. You have almost 500 Pokemon, you coulda given me more.
>>
>>26516577
...IS it wrong that my favorite champion theme is fan made using gen 5's soundfront.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqaI_pZwubw

Even has a cool low HP version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCiHSZzuwdc
>>
>>26516577
Ya I agree

Unfortunately the good tracks of gen 4 as far and few
>>
Battle Frontier. honestly, GameFreak was right to remove it from ORAS, it was too time-consuming...
>>
>>26516577
>cynthia's theme is the best

it's fucking plain as shit
>>
>>26516621
*unsheathes fedora*
>>
>>26516621
I wouldn't call Emerald's battle frontier time consuming than outright random and unfair as heck. It'd probably be much more bearable now with all the new breed mechanics and pokemon.
>>
>>26516624
I agree the original song from DP is lackluster, but the arrange in BW2 is by far my favorite champion theme in the series.
>>
File: 1435705760769.gif (2 MB, 381x434) Image search: [Google]
1435705760769.gif
2 MB, 381x434
>>26516530
>Those comfy night route themes
>>
>>26516637
Kek
>>
>>26516637
*teleports behind u*
>>
>>26516499
>posts legendaries of games that actually were immediately outdone by their sequels
HGSS also released in between, retard.
>>
>>26516605
>oh god this is just gonna be some shitty fanmade theme
>first chord starts
Holy fuck that's really good. What's the hack?
>>
It's still slow.
HGSS did it so better.
>>
I love the soundtrack (Lakes are comfy)
SLOW as shit, altrough.
>>
>>26516724
*it was a hologram*
>>
The way you get your starter at the beginning was much better in DP, and the visual overhaul of Lost Tower was kind of lame. The original was interesting with a false outdoors look in the tower, Platinum made it generic spooky haunted graveyard.

Also the Frontier was pretty lame compared to Emerald's. Emerald's made more direct differences to battles like the Arena and Palace or had overworld aspects like the Pike and Pyramid, only the Dome was really weak. Platinum not only had less attractions, but of the three that were new, all were pure battle and the differences were pretty weak, one being a roulette maybe giving you or the foe a status effect before battle, and the other being "win in this many turns". Compare that to the Arena having a whole other way battles are determined, or the Palace having your Pokemon act on their own based on nature.
>>
>>26516571
what's wrong with pianos?
>>
>>26516510
Your second point is valid, but they fixed the fire type problem
>>
Pros:
Mt.coronet

Cons:
S L O W
>>
>>26517133
>Houndoom
>Ponyta
>Magmar
oh yeah, they sure fixed the fire type problem.
>>
>>26517143
>mt. Coronet
>pro
>>
D E F O G
E O
F F
O E
G O F E D
>>
>>26516512
>Cancer region

Hoenn and Kanto are worse
>>
>>26517504
You tried.
>>
>le platinum is slow meme
Except it's not?
Wait, do you seriously have battle animations on?
>>
>>26517552
>playing without animations
What sort of fresh hell is this?
>>
>>26517797
Oh sorry I thought you wanted FAST SPEEDRUN gameplay since you're complaining about Platinum being slow
>>
>>26516512
The only good arguement you had there was that it was slow, but it isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>26516985
>Battle Dome
>Weak
Shit taste. Every facility was unique, but the thought of a tournament in Pokemon manifested itself in the Dome, and I thought it was the best facility. Especially with that OST.
>>
>>26517797
>playing with animations on outside of your first playthrough
lol
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.