[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Game Features
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: elsee consider the following.png (103 KB, 535x300) Image search: [Google]
elsee consider the following.png
103 KB, 535x300
Come up with features that you'd like to see in a new game

>Deep-Sea Fishing Tournament
>Works like the Safari Zone/Park Bug Tournament, you can rent a boat to take you out into deep water and fish for rare water pokemon
>Reeling in pokemon is a tapping mini-game, you need to time your taps to keep the line from breaking
>As you're fighting/getting closer to landing the pokemon, you can occasionally see it breach the waves, giving you a small preview of what it is
>Once you land it, it turns into a standard pokemon battle until you either catch the pokemon or release it back into the water.
>>
>>26516144
>This replaces trainer customization, megas, amie and super training.
>>
>>26516144
Fishing looking more like fishing(as in Breath of Fire, or many other fishing minigames) instead of time clicking.
>>
>>26516163
Let it go, anon. Every generation loses neat features, no need to be salty about imaginary features.

>>26516202
How does it work in Breath of Fire?
>>
File: bof.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bof.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>26516212
>>
File: bof2.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
bof2.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
>>26516212
There is also this version, either way would be better than what we have now.
>>
>>26516242
>>26516229
The first would probably be too much of a preview, but I could see the second being implemented (especially with the shift to 3D). If it's similar to Legend of the River King, basically you just cast and sort of guide the lure then reel it in and hope it intersects with one of the underwater shadows, right?
>>
Difficulty
>>
>>26516144
customization that influences the game

ex. you buy a hat that adds 10% to your capture rate or something, or when you become the champ you get a set of pokemon league clothes that increases EVs gained etc
>>
Create your Gym

>monotype only
>design the gym with some premade obstacles
>share with your friends
>>
File: Aoazq.gif (84 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
Aoazq.gif
84 KB, 300x255
>>26516163
>>
>>26516318
So an expanded version of Secret Bases? Could be neat.
>>
>>26516318
If only there was some way of creating these, in some kind of secret terrain of sorts, like making a base, and sharing it by, I don't know, QR codes?
>>
File: 1425953837836.png (544 KB, 804x755) Image search: [Google]
1425953837836.png
544 KB, 804x755
>>26516229
>yfw you see a sparkle
>>
File: 1460650168214.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460650168214.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
>>26516399
Because someway I gonna fuck it up.
>>
>>26516144
How about a private island you unlock post game. There you can play games with your Pokemon and do things you couldn't ordinarily do like let them out of their poke balls and follow you.
>>
Day Care in every town.
>>
Heat Lamp key item. Works like Magma Armor/Flame Body for the purposes of egg hatching.

Heat Lamp must be registered to Select. Cannot be used in conjunction with the Bike.
>>
File: 1462685708164.gif (276 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462685708164.gif
276 KB, 500x281
>>26516163
>>
>Trainer customization that isn't lopsided where one character gets 80% of the customization
>Following Pokemon
>Expanded Amie
>An actual breeding loop that isn't the awful square thing we got in ORAS
>Good hack checks
>>
>>26516144

>Possibility to play as ADULT
> Improved pokemon amie (More possibilities to interract with your Pokemon)
> Following pokemon
> Option to watch your pokemon interracting with themselves.
>Remove IV
>>
>>26517490
>Possibility to play as ADULT

I'm not sure why, but this doesn't sit well with me. Pokemon (to me) is fundamentally a game about kids exploring the world. The adults we see all have jobs or at least hobbies that define them; the defining mark of a Main Character is that they HAVE no defining characteristic, serving as a vessel to be imprinted on. A child/teen is somebody with their future ahead of them, uncharted and unknown. An adult with the free time to go around the world is either rich or a lazy fuck that never got their act together and hobos around.

>Remove IV

Why? It adds depth to the relatively simplistic system and gives you an incentive to capture and breed creatures, adding replay value. An overhaul of the system might be nice (perhaps making it more interactive or transparent), but overall IVs are irrelevant to the main game and are purely a post-game/competitive feature that you don't need to worry about if you don't care about those scenes. And if you ARE into those features, then they provide an additional tool to tweak your team.

I like your other suggestions, and would expand on the "Option to watch your pokemon interracting with themselves." by suggesting "being able to watch pokemon you place in the daycare interact with each other". Would be a cool feature, especially if their Natures showed up as part of their behavior. Following pokemon are probably not coming back due to the shift to 3D and having semi-realistic proportions (as seen in the trailer for Sun & Moon), but an area where you can walk around with your pokemon out could be neat.
>>
>>26516346
>defending 3v3 battles

fuck off gf apologist
>>
>>26516667
>Cannot be used in conjunction with the Bike.

Wow it's fucking useless.
>>
>>26517736
You can still use Running Shoes and it lets you carry a sixth egg, so not entirely.
>>
>>26517758
>A 6th egg
except it doesnt, you need to have at least 1 non-fainted Pokemon in your party at all times, retard
>>
>>26517808
Oh, I didn't know that. Guess I am a retard.

In that case, then Heat Lamp can stack with Flame Body/Magma Armor. Still needs to be select registered though.
>>
Egg Basket key item, it allows you to hold 6 extra eggs, but will send the newly hatched pokemon to your PC even if you have room in your party.

The Pokedex keep count of how many times you've defeated, ran into, or captured a species, also what moves they used, and what ability they had if it activated.

Have your party view set up so you can automatically see which pokemon has what item.

Maybe some key item applications. For example different kinds of bait to attract different Water type pokemon based on their secondary type, or maybe you could be able to customize your bike with more than two colors and change the wheels and gears to suit your preferences.
>>
>>26517857
All of these are great ideas.
>>
>>26517638
>Following pokemon are probably not coming back due to the shift to 3D and having semi-realistic proportions (as seen in the trailer for Sun & Moon)

How about this?

>Pokemon of a certain size or physical configuration (bi-peds and such) can follow
>Pokemon above the follow size and quadrupedal can be ridden
>>
>>26517873
They are great, and with that in mind, we know that Gamefreak will never give us anything close to as cool
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.