[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw possibly every gen after VI will end up as incomplete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1462583831005.jpg (40 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
1462583831005.jpg
40 KB, 680x440
>tfw possibly every gen after VI will end up as incomplete due to no more third versions
Is this the future?
>>
>>26514743
Dumb blackposter
>>
>>26514743

I fucking hope so. Do you like extending a gen by an entire 1-2 years to play the same fucking thing but with an expansion pack?

Maybe you should start expecting a good game from the get go, instead of paying full price for something GF intentionally left out the first time round.
>>
It'd be FANTASTIC if GF made the first versions complete instead, but we all know how that went with XY.

Reminder that ORAS were XY's third versions.
>>
>>26514810
>Maybe you should start expecting a good game from the get go
I tried. But it's gen 6.
>>
>>26514810
XY were incomplete though
>>
>>26514826
XY felt a lot like they were testing grounds on a bunch of changes. ORAS for example, had a ton of content.
>>
The games are complete. The issue is we're so used to getting two cups one doesn't satisfy.
>>
>>26514843
That's true, and they used ORAS instead of the alleged Z to bring in move tutors etc. I would still much rather have one set of games per gen that are complete, and I hope that GF is starting to go in that direction after deciding not to revisit kalos.

After all, Masuda admits that children have short attention spans these days. Maybe he thought that kids would be bored with the same region, story and starters that they've been playing with since 2013.
>>
>>26514810
This honestly. Kinda pisses me off they even go so far as to leave shit out of the first pair so they have more selling points for the "fixed version". Too bad a complete first version will never happen because they still have remakes for "fixing everything".
>>
>>26514863
No, it did not.
>>
>>26514814
>Reminder that ORAS were XY's third versions.
I wouldn't mind if this was the case for gen7. Hell who knows, they might release downloadable content as the 3rd version now.
>>
I want them to keep features like the DexNav instead of dumping them each game
>>26514863
What content besides the legendary hunt?
>>
>>26514743
Hard to say right now, it could be, though. It's also possible they anticipated this, and thus more effort was put into S/M so that everything they wanted to do is done the first time instead of waiting until later. If they haven't anticipated this, then they just suck at game design.
>>
>>26514810
I've been expecting this for the last 16 or so years, too bad GameFreak never delivered and probably never will. They're just axing the third versions now after some sad fuck in a suit decided battle facilities are not a selling point anymore.
>>
>>26514951
Well, that hawaiian tiki key item you get in XY is a good sign. That says they already had Alola in mind back when XY was in development.

maybe they have begun the concepts for gen 8 already
>>
>>26514810

Game Freak will never make a complete game to start a generation. Never.
>>
>>26514926
>>26514949
ORAS feels like a complete game with Delta Episode, and it had Dexnav that does a lot for immersion.
>>
>>26514960
For that reason this might be the first gen I wait to buy S/M until I see some news about postgame and features. I can't help but remember all of the hopeful and magical hype we got in XY only to buy a barren game.
>>
>>26514971
They probably already have gen 8 in mind, so that they can implement some hints in SM.
>>
>>26514743
Fucking hope not.
>>
I'm hoping like fuck that SM will be what GS was to RB
>>
>>26514949
>What content besides the legendary hunt?
Not him, but I've been playing ORAS's content the last couple of days. While not the best, I think its actually pretty solid/good.

Out of my head, you have Super Secret Base flag hunting (which is a pretty big upgrade from the originals, Pokemon Contests, legendary hunting (like you said), and while it is a uninspired copy-paste from XY, the Battle Maison does provide quite some content. It also has the benefit of online of course (which I haven't touched that much yet).

Don't get me wrong, it COULD and SHOULD have been better, especially since it is a remake. I think it's disgusting that they replaced the Battle Frontier with the same Battle Maison from XY, and that really "simple" things like Gym Leader rematches aren't present.

But I wouldn't say ORAS has no content, because it has. I'm still getting my hours, with the end not yet in sight.
>>
>>26514743
>sinnoh confirmed
>unova confirmed
>kanto confirmed
>kalos confirmed
Just you wait, GF will never finish another generation in lieu of rehashing a previous one.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.