[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
What kind of game do you think Pokemon is? Or is it more than a game? I'm not interested in WHY you play, but I am interested in what goes through your mind when playing it. What do you think you're doing? If you're into Pokemon for a different reason, then what is that reason? If it's for a different medium, then why did you choose that medium? What feeling does it give you? I am including the realm of fanfiction into this. Maybe you think you have a different reason, I still want to know what it is and why.

My reason for asking? I don't think people like Pokemon for the reasons they say they do, or if they even really like Pokemon at all.
>>
>>26513604
I like collecting things. Pokemon has so much diversity that you will almost always get a different answer to the question, "What's your favourite pokemon?" or "What pokemon type is your favourite?". It allows everyone to be unique yet come together by mutually liking the same general things whether that be the main games, anime, spinoffs or the trading card games.
>>
Catching, training/raising, exploring, battling, breeding, collecting, that's what Pokémon is to me.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei for casuals.
>>
>>26513687
I'm not sure what "for casuals" means in this context. Explain.
>>
We just don't know
>>
>>26513604
I don't know anymore, I've been playing pokemon since I can remember. These days I mostly play for competitive battling, even knowing that are better competitive games.
>>
For me, I always had the notion that Pokemon is more than any of it's parts would suggest. None of them have anything in common other than the pokemon themselves. It may have started as a means of emulating bug catching, but it has since become something far more. That being said, what that something is has no clear definition. It is whatever you make it out to be.

The closest thing to how I would see pokemon is the Mystery Dungeon series, although there are some aspects of it that I still disagree with. It is simply the most believable out the various versions of the pokeworld, though Pokepark has something of a similar persuasion, just not as serious.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.