[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Nov 18th Comes >>You hurry to get your copy of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: tumblr_n2eesgaPhw1ttdkobo2_400.gif (484 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2eesgaPhw1ttdkobo2_400.gif
484 KB, 320x239
>>Nov 18th Comes
>>You hurry to get your copy of Sun and or Moon
>> begin playing excitedly
>>See that there is no Pokemon amie...
>>no dexNAV

How would this make you feel? Instant hate? Would it ruin the game for you? If only one of the two could be included, which is your poison? Could you still enjoy a game without either?
>>
Wouldn't care if Amie is gone, but would be disappointed if DexNav is gone. BuzzNav too
>>
>>26510731
I haven't used Amie since the first early months of XY except when I needed to evolve Sylveon.
>>
Dexnav kind of blew up my first OR playthrough by giving me a Boomburst Tailow in the third route
>>
>>26510731
>no Pokemon amie
Not gonna happen.
>>
>>26510780
what makes you so sure? what about the dexNAV that to me is leagues more useful than the time sink that is amie
>>
File: Winku.jpg (60 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
Winku.jpg
60 KB, 578x327
>>26510791
>>
>>26510791
The fact that Amie was included in ORAS and was shoved into Fire Emblem too shows how much Nintendo really likes the feature. It's very unlikely that they won't include it in Sun/Moon.

I like the DexNav though, and I'd be sad to see it removed.
>>
>>26510805
Feebas' evolution method was changed in gen5 since there weren't any contests. They could easliy change Sylveon's evolution requirement.
>>
>>26510731
I would probably still enjoy the game but I would be very disappointed if its not in s/m.
>>
>>26510846
The same way they changed Leafeon and Glaceon's evolution method, right?
>>
File: shelly.png (142 KB, 900x928) Image search: [Google]
shelly.png
142 KB, 900x928
>>26510818
same, The dexNav seriously should be kept and made permanent for all of it's usefulness....Amie...not so much

Also mega cloyster needs to happen.
>>
disappointed, but not surprised in the slightest
>>
>>26510818
Wait, shoved into Fire Emblem?
>>
>>26510731
Your not far enough in the game yet, silly
>>
Sort of surprised by your guys lassiez faire attitude toward both. Both features seemed (to me) to be pretty "core" to the X/Y/OR/AS style.

So what about that super training game? or the beauty contests? Those I never really got into, and saw them more as just mini games
>>
>>26510863
>comparing assigning one route in the game to the value that lets Eevee evolve into Leafeon/Glaceon to implementing contests in their entirety
>>
>>26510884
The Japanese version of Fates has a minigame where you can rub the characters like you do in Amie, but it was removed in localizations even though the minigame only registered touch from the shoulders up.
>>
>>26510884
The JP version of Fire Emblem Fates you could ask people into your bedroom at night and Pokemon Amie their face.
>>
>>26510905
>missing the point
>>
>>26510731
>>>Nov 18th Comes
>>>You hurry to get your copy of Sun and or Moon
Yeah...
>>
>>26510952
whoops. sorry, forgot that not everyone lives on the greatest country on earth.
>>
>>26510731
Never used amie so that wouldn't bother me, I assume dexNav would have some new equivalent so not really a big deal either.
>>
Don't take away my super training, petting simulator and one of the best damn features ever created in the dexnav

No seriously...dexnav must return since amie and super training are almost 90% guaranteed. It's too amazing not to return ;_;
>>
>>26510731
dexNAV is great, it really added to ORAS.

Pokemon amie is gimmicky, I'd be surprised if it stuck since it barely affects gameplay, as opposed to megas. I'd like to see them expand on the virtual pet thing, though. Maybe make it a separate PokeWalker-esque app you can download instead of bundling it with a game.
>>
Did it strike anyone else as a bit odd that such a big and useful feature like dexNAV was introduced in what essentially was just a remake of ruby and sapphire? I mean i'd expect something that useful and I hate to sound like a fanboy, but something that ground breaking to have been introduced in a brand new game like X and Y or sun and moon.

just surprised that they put a brand new feature like that in a re-release.
>>
>>26511033
speaking of the pokewalker, why wasn't that a thing now that the 3DS has a built in step counter?
>>
>>26511038
They usually introduce features like that to draw people in to buy remakes. See following pokemon.
>>
>>26511033
>>barely affects gameplay

clearly you didn't get any of your mon's to max hearts and take them into battle. They avoid the fuck out of crits and hits. And shrug of status effects like no one's business.
>>
>>26510731
>No Pokemon Amie
Not a big deal. Even if it doesn't get replaced by some sort of direct Pokemon interraction thing, I'll be a little disappointed, but it won't ruin the game for me. Frankly, I hope they make some sort of new alternative; Amie wasn't really that interesting.
>no dexNAV
Disappointing. It seems to be the only thing people liked from ORAS, and I don't wanna have to buy ORAS in order to experience it, so I'm really hoping it comes to Sun/Moon. But, again, it wouldn't really ruin the game for me. It'd be cool, but I'd presume that it'd be replaced by some other cool mechanic.
>>
>>26511065
>easy mode: the game
>>
File: pooh.jpg (6 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
6 KB, 250x224
I have better things to be pissed at

>i'll be 24 a day before
>nothing going on in my life at all
>probably will stuff my face with cake and feel sorry about myself while crying/trying to force myself to sleep in bed
>>
>>26510731

I wouldn't be suprised as I'm expecting Gamefreak to take out those features because Gamefreak just can't handle making future installments superior to their previous installments.
>>
>>26511089
oh. well that's an easy fix. get up. join a gym. start running/swimming. save your money to buy a decent form fitting button down shirt and tie. Find a job that suits you a bit better. Get steady cash. continue running/swimming. Stop eating shit. Adopt a diet of veggies and lean meats. Talk to a girl at least once per day. And find a hobby that may involve actual human contact.

Do all of these and you'll be happy.

Then buy Sun or Moon
>>
Pokemon amie is amazing and fun, I really hope it stays. Plus feedback from both Japanese kids and western kids is that they love the amie and mega evolution features so its basically assured.

On the other hand Dexnav is kind of useless so I'm not fussed if they cut it. We always seem to get some sort of pokeradar feature in the post-gen4 games so I'm sure they'll come up with something less obtuse.
>>
>>26511125
oh please do tell me what USEFUL poke radar was in XY...and don't say the pokedex in general, cause it's annoying to have to keep opening it up and search each individual 'mom
>>
I'm going to miss the dexNAV, and also the eon flute. Not worried about amie, but the other two seem very hoenn-exclusive.

Optimistically, I see a trend towards making powerful, RNG-dependent, pokemon easier to obtain. Who knows, maybe in SuMo we'll get a feature that give guaranteed 4IV and tutors for egg moves.
>>
>>26510731
I like amie, I've always enjoyed interacting with mt Pokemon teammates. But it's removal wouldn't kill the game for me.
>>
>>26510767
>Boomburst Tailow in the third route
Holy shit
>>
>>26510731
>No Amie
Kill gamefreak
>No Dexnav
Makes no difference

If we lose super training though, I'd fucking riot
>>
>>26511281
>>If we lose super training though, I'd fucking riot

said by no one, ever
>>
>>26511325
Reset bags, happiness bags, free evolution stones and a fucking NUMERICAL DISPLAY OF EVs

Super Training is a fucking godsend. More useful than Amie and Dexnav combined.
>>
I think what I see in Pokemon Amie is the potential for something greater. The novelty wore off quick even though I did it with my whole in game team out of obligation, though I like to toss a random Pokemon in just to see it's animations since they add some character. But you can do something way more engaging with it. I was big into Tamagotchi when I was younger. I'd really like to see something like that. Though I guess the fun in that was raising it to see what it turned into. But it could be something like, how, for example, Amie gives you general bonuses, maybe depending on what you do you can customize your Pokemon for in game play (or maybe even competitive...? Maybe combine with Super training...?) with those effects. Like a broader range and you can maybe give it stronger abilities than just getting all the effects. I would like it to matter more than just random chances of things to happen in battle. More things to do than feed them, pet them, and play 3 mostly embarrassingly unthoughtful games.
I really liked the Petz games when I was younger too. Maybe have a suite of items you can play with with each Pokemon so you can see there reactions and animations along with raising them for customization. Anyone play Oddball when they were a kid?
>>
>>26511325
Reset bags were the shit dude. Super training would be amazing if it just went by faster. I think battling hordes gave you faster EV gains and that's stupid when you had a whole fucking mechanic for EV training and it'a undermined by doing what we did before anyway.
>>
File: 1455771828718.jpg (333 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
1455771828718.jpg
333 KB, 792x825
>>26511125
>Dexnav
>useless
>obtuse
>compared to XY's shitty pokeradar

Anon stop. In no reality where it's

Easy to use
Able to search for ONE specific pokemon without any others
appearing
Potentially get a guaranteed 1-3 IVs
Egg moves
Hidden abilitys
Search for common to rare held items
Naturally increased chance of shinies appearing
A more interactive way of filling the dex

can this thing be called useless.
>>
>>26510731
dexnav was ok but the only reason i really ever used it was to find ha mons that i couldn't find anyone trading like adaptability dragalgae
amie was useless shit and it can go and stay go for all I care
>>
>>26510897
super training was pretty useful if you didn't have bp and were willing to take a bit longer to make competitive mons
it also had the reset bag which made changing ev spreads infinitely easier
>>
>>26510731

Sylveon aside, Amie is fucking useless.

But don't worry OP, GameFreak will find a way to piss us off and butcher the games regardless.
>>
>>26511824
I mean... Anie is mostly mechanically useless, but having a way to interact with Pokemon is I think pretty important, especially for a game preaching about how they're your friends and partners and shit. Having an interactable medium also allows them to show personality and unique aspects of their designs and stuff like that. Not everything has to have a mechanical purpose. Though I think Amie was a pretty bare bones implementation. But I hope it's something build upon in the future.
>>
amie is a complete and utter waste of time and resources

only literal retards enjoy it
>>
>>26512118
You just described video games
>>
>>26510731
>more than 100 hours on AS
>never used Amie

I would be more disappointed if Dexnav is removed or Wonder Trade.
>>
>>26510731
AMie is great worldbuilding feature that needs to be coninued and upgraded constatly. Better games that you unlock by buying items, more animations (that should also be used in battle)
>>
>>26512293
Honestly if the mini games are just going to be that big standard creatively bankrupt stuff we have currently they may as well cut them for more ways to interact like some toys or something. Imagine a frisbee or rope.
>>
>>26511395
I was really disapoined when I learned that Amie effects do not affect on player/player gameplay.
IMO it would be great.
>>
>>26512364
I don't know if the kind of effects you get currently are good for real PvP and simulated PvP like the Maison which is probably why it wasn't compatible. But I like the idea of playing certain games with your Pokemon would give it some kind of booa. Everything I think of is basically just EVs though
I wouldn't mind if they consolidated Super Training and Amie but it's be nice if there was something else too.
>>
two features I don't care about. Dexnav is fucking worthless. It's the same fucking thing as breeding; I have no idea why people hype it up so much.

The only features from XY I want to come back is something similar to PSS and customization and customization is already confirmed.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>26512405
Oh yes training minigames like Monster rancher had were fun!
>>
>>26512405
If Amie affected IVs I would use it.
>>
>>26511539
Most of that is useless to anyone who bred anything in XY and traded regularly.
Friend Safari could do HAs and items better if it just had even more Pokemon variety, and it's all in one spot instead of across a whole map including random islands.
>>
>>26511539
>Able to search for ONE specific pokemon without any others
>appearing
>Potentially get a guaranteed 1-3 IVs
>Egg moves
>Hidden abilitys
>Naturally increased chance of shinies appearing
>A more interactive way of filling the dex

Oh look, ALL things you can do with breeding just as well if not better.

DexNav is literally breeding except instead of bike simulator it's just spamming wild encounters. It's not an interesting mechanic at all.
>>
>>26512465
I'm actually surprised it doesn't and they came up with a whole other mechanic for EV training. Seems like itd have been easier and the first thought to have it all as one thing. They went and reated all these other assets for Super Training so that can't be the issue. Maybe needing more animations for a Pokemon playing catch or rug of war or something was the reason and it was just easier to reuse existing animations.
>>
>>26510731
I'd be pretty pissed.
It's gunna happen. Gamefreak can't fucking improve their series to save a life. It's stuck in a perpetual neutral zone because they adamantly refuse to bring unique quirks from older games to new ones unless it's a remake.
>>
>>26512473
DexNav was like Friend Safari but everywhere
>>
>>26512498
They have models now. Every Pokemon has at least 6 unique animations now ( some have over 20). It should be easy tu use them elsewhere.
>>
>>26512543
What I mean is MAYBE it's harder to make new animations than it is to create other assets from scratch? I don't know how stuff like this works. They'd have to make animations for Pokemon playing games instead of just using existing battle animations in a new context.
>>
>>26512576
I wanted to point out, that animations we have now are enough to make it work. They can always make models jump or rotate as they did in amie already
>>
>>26510731
>want to play with my pokemon in Amie
>don't want them to get bullshit hax in battle like surviving on 1HP and scoring crits off affection
>>
>>26512673
>Bullshit
Its called power of friendship
Also you can always beat your pokemon or fall cupcakes
>>
>>26510731
>See that there is no Pokemon amie...
amie is shit anyway. I had more fun with the Dream Drop Distance amie.
>no dexNAV
kinda useful on the first playthrough, but useless after that

nothing of value was lost
>>
>>26510731
Honestly, the best way to play a new region/gen is to not have expectations at all, I tell you from experience, just enjoy what Game Freak prepared and if you didnt like it despite that stop playing as I did in all gen 4, I re-started playing because johto was a major nostalgia call
>>
>>26511080
>implying that there is any "challenge" in pve RPGs ever
RPGs are ROLE PLAYING GAMES, they are tools for creating a story.
any gameplay skill (in the form of strategy) comes in in post game or PvP, places where Amie stuff is disabled. And how cool would it be to see your bro tough out an omega-fuckwhatever-laser and win you the medal badge?
The reason why nuzlocke is so popular is because he wrote a story around the prompts that the machine gave him,and published it to the Internet.

Although, in your defense, maybe I just tend to over level.
>>
File: 1451146869059.jpg (25 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1451146869059.jpg
25 KB, 403x403
>Eon flute won't return
>>
>>26510818
>I like the DexNav though, and I'd be sad to see it removed.

same. it's a better alternative than breeding Pokemon
>>
>>26510731
>See that there is no Pokemon amie...
>no dexNAV
Although I hate the removal of features, I really could give less of a fuck about removing dumb gimmicky garbage like this that doesn't affect the game in any way.
>>
>>26513386
>he would rather fly manually than point+click fast travel
the fuck?
>>
i never really used either one.
>>
>>26513507

/thread
>>
>>26513505
It saves from having to use the HM.
>>
File: Nintendogslogo.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nintendogslogo.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>26510731
DexNAV is an absolute must. It was useful, and fits nicely into the RP of tracking and catching pokémon. Having it react to pokémon who were out in the overworld was a nice touch, too.

As for Amie, I could take it or leave it in its current state, though it'd be nice to have it expanded so it's more like pic related. Maybe have the new professor run a ranch like Oak did in the anime, and when you go there, you can actually watch them moving around/playing with each other. That's unrealistic, though, considering the additional animations you'd need for each pokémon.
>>
A lot of the players in this threads are casual that don't make living dexes. For living dexes being able to use 6 under leveled mon and flying manually to secret shore/meadow allow you to farm blissey easily to mass leveled up shit.

Again for living dex and shiny hunting or shiny living dex. Dex nav is an amazing feature. The real utility of the dex nav is when you've catched a mon once for exemple rhyhorn in the safari and need 6 other rhyhorn for your living dex. ! with a HA and the 5 other different gender so you can have each pokemon of the line female and male. For this shit you can use cute charm jigglypuff. These is basically a meta to make living dexes.
>>
>>26513505

Or perhaps he wants both?
>>
Amie will not be cut, they spent too much time on it.

DexNav likely will be gone. If it returns at all it'll be rolled into the PokeRadar.
>>
>>26513568
but i'm 20 pokemon away from completing my living dex and i don't use dexnav.
>>
>>26511118
>Just join a gym bruh XD
>>
>>26510731
I would miss Amie, its a nice diversion and one of the few pieces of non-battle content to waste time on. Decorating, playing and mini-games are fun. Its also provides completely new features that have never been in the games before.

Dexnav I wouldn't really miss though, its only real use is to provide a non-trade/transfer route to get hidden abilities. They could bring back friend safari/hidden grottoes/pokeradar to achieve the same function.
>>
>>26510731
I really liked Pokemon Amie.

I'd like to see the whole front pokemon walks with you return from HG and SS, too.
>>
>>26513585
But with that I can literally make a full regional dex in under 5 days.
>>
>>26513620
DexNav is infinitely more user-friendly than Friend Safari or the RNG-dependant Hidden Grottoes.
>>
>>26513714
But with GTS I can make a full National Dex in 3 days
>>
>>26511118
I like you. This are actualy legit rules.
>>
>>26510731
Amie is fucking bullshit. Just give us DexNav and leave that cancer out.
>>
>>26511118
>Eat less meat
Fuck off faggot
>>
Now I can't sexually molest my pokemon anymore ;_;
>>
>>26513620
Dexnav is the only pokemon search tool I have been able to figure out. The Radar in X says it needs to charge by walking so I walk the whole eastern Kalos loop but it hasn't charged. I never played gen IV and in Black1, I was trying to get through as fast as possible so I never used it
>>
Love pokemon-amie. It's nice seeing more of pokemon and its personality.
>>
>>26513742
That's why it's gonna get gutted, GF hates good things
>>
>>26513543
As I said all they need to program is walking and get some emotes and interactions
Animations are there already.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opklG4Q-NpA
>>
>>26510731
would be pretty disappointed, i like both features a lot
if i had to pick one it would be amie
i'm going to play it no matter what because i'm not an autist that REEEEE's about changes between each gen
>select all images with palm trees
>>
>>26515762
Learn to read, moron.
>>
>>26515762
>26510884
LEAN meat, as in meats that aren't supper fatty. Like rabbit
>>
I'd rather see them replaced with newer features to be honest. If they just stick the exact same Amie i'd not exactly be bothered with it.
>>
>>26510731
Amie is shit but it's not going anywhere, why would they ditch their biggest normie attraction?
Dexnav is likely to go which is very bad, it should have been implemented ages earlier, not 20 fucking years later
PSS and super training can go and stay go
>>
Amie and super training need to be made more efficient and less boring
>open amie
>three of your pokemon are shown walking around in a field
>they punt a ball around
>can lay out food or pet them
>occasionally they find items that you can actually use in battle
>hearts increase faster if they play with a pokemon with friend guard or somesuch
>interaction with them consists of actively trying to earn items rather than some repetitive cycle of pet,feed,minigame
Same with super training
>select stat
>select max number of EVs you want to try to earn
>fight the dummy, it gets harder to beat the longer you go
>keep the stat points youv'e earned when you lose
Dexnav left in as is
>>
>>26516880
Honestly I don't see any reason why Super Training has to be a seperate thing from Amie. It would help make Amie relevant to gameplay while also hypothetically adding more ways to interact, like playing catch might increase their speed or something.
>>
>>26516479
>he wants to get rid of wonder trading and the ability to see your Pokemon's IVs

Seek help
>>
Dexnav being removed I would be upset about because it was useful.

On the other hand if Amie is removed I wouldn't care, nothing of value would be lost.
>>
File: 1364510017678.jpg (29 KB, 330x451) Image search: [Google]
1364510017678.jpg
29 KB, 330x451
>>26516880
it's painful to see good ideas but know they won't be implemented
>>
>>26516915
agreed... it takes too much time and effort to switch back and forth. They should just combine the two...
>>
File: food pyamid.jpg (51 KB, 573x454) Image search: [Google]
food pyamid.jpg
51 KB, 573x454
>>26515762
>muh masculinity
better draw dicks on a bunch of restroom stalls at your next gross painful meat shit, just to be sure
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.