[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are tasked with erasing one generation of Pokemon games II-VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: Pokeball.png (396 KB, 635x634) Image search: [Google]
Pokeball.png
396 KB, 635x634
You are tasked with erasing one generation of Pokemon games II-VI from existence. Doing so means that all of the moves, items, general gameplay mechanic improvements, and pokemon (and associated future evos/prevos for these pokemon) introduced in that gen will also be erased; and the catch is that they will never be introduced in the series at any point in the future, so they're effectively gone forever. Which gen do you choose?
>>
Leaning towards gen II
>>
File: barnacles.jpg (33 KB, 631x499) Image search: [Google]
barnacles.jpg
33 KB, 631x499
>>
VI obviously, 3D was a mistake
>>
>>26510673
>Wanting Special to remain undivided
>>
5 maybe? I mean what did it do that we more or less didn't already have or get altered significantly in 6?
>>
>>26510673
>breeding
>>
Fuck you OP I would remove gen 1
>>
>>26510690
It didn't really introduce any major mechanical changes but I much prefer the direction those games had compared to gen 6, terrible circle region aside.
>>
Honestly considering Gen V. It brought NOTHING to the table.
>>
>>26510670
the answer is obVIous
>>
>>26510676
>>26510702
Honestly it's 6 for me too. It's the most recent gen and it's also my least favorite, from the lacking Pokédex and underleveled trainers all the way to the (subjectively) annoying rivals. I don't think this generation would be overly missed. Sure there were GOOD things to come out of Gen VI, but there was also a lot of terrible things.

It would also give them a second chance at either making their 3D better or going back and sticking with sprites.
>>
>>26510699
Then the series ceases to exist.
>>
>>26510726
>and the catch is that they will never be introduced in the series at any point in the future

you're permanently removing 3D, amie, Fairy, Mega Evolution, customization
>>
>>26510670
Gen V easily and it's pretty much impossible to argue otherwise unless you have a hateboner for Megas or something. It didn't introduce anything important gameplay mechanics wise and the Pokemon selection is mostly a poor parody of gen 1's we could easily do without. The only Pokemon I'd miss are Kyurem, maybe Hydreigon.
>>
>>26510670
The Removal of Gen V is the safest. Pokemon-wise, none of them tie to the old gens (though I will miss Hydreigon and... that's kind of it); as for characters and general plot, I would only feel bad about losing N, though not for long.
>>
>>26510670
Easily Gen 4, i can't think of any mons i love from gen 4, lucario is gone and out of my face and the starters has always been the hardest choice to choose from simply because i dont like any of them.

i tried a rom of platinum bout 3 days ago. I couldnt get past the first route, all the explanation and talking was just too much, it lasted about an hour, ive never been able to complete any gen 4 game because its so slow. Last i remember was some desert that made you walk at a snails pace.

Just looked up the dex to make sure there were none i liked in that gen. I love leafeon. But in this case gen 4 is the only answer.

Another thing, weve had threads where people post age favorite gen and favorite game. Gen 6 popped up a ton! So idk why everyone is always hatin on it
>>
>>26510673
So broken Gen 1 mechanics it is. No breeding and move deleter too, yes? Don't be a wanker.
>>26510932
The physical/special split you incontinent fucking dolt.
>>26510784
The only loss there is customization, which wasn't much to begin with.

The only choice is Gen 6. Literally, with no exaggeration whatsoever, the worst generation. There's a reason so many people dropped Pokemon during the XY hype. The mechanics are either unnecessary, retarded, or both. There's no argument for amie, it's a time waster ties to a single pokemon's evolution. Fairy and Megas are unnecessary, the only people who won't admit this are whiners who couldn't git gud during Gen 5. Not a single fuck would be given if Gen 6 was lost to the world.
>>
>>26510932
>opinionated post
kek give a real reason
>>
>>26510824
Safest in terms of features kept, but quality-wise it still stands out as the best, so...
>>
>>26510670
They could have gone straight from IV to what would be VI, on the 3DS. They chose not to.

But I like a lot of gen 5 mons. What gameplay mechanics did it introduce that weren't improved upon by a gen 6 mechanic or otherwise had a spiritual successor?

Online stuff? Reusable TMs?
>>
Remind me what Gen 3 brought to the table again? The only thing I can think of is a few choice items and the Battle Frontier.
>>
File: 45f.png (444 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
45f.png
444 KB, 890x890
>>26510932
>some desert
>>
>>26511421
weather, abilities, natures, double battles, different pokeballs that are not from apricorns...
>>
>>26511421
Abilities
Natures
Revamped EV/IV system
Good gameplay
>>
>>26511462
>weather
That one was actually introduced in gen 2 but was only limited to the move Sandstorm

Forgot about the double battles though, that one was pretty big
>>
>>26510699
The OP even removed gen1 as an option so people wouldn't say something this retarded.
>>
BW introduced no relevant lasting mechanics afaik. I guess Hidden Abilities?
>>
Gen 4. The others have Pokemon I really like(victini,swampert,aipom,)
>>
>>26510670
gen 6 for sure
gen 5 didn't really add much in terms of mechanics but 6 had so much shit that i'd rather get rid of
>megas
>3d
>primals
only thing I'd really consider keeping is fairy because it buffed a lot of shitmons, but it's such an unbalanced type that it's really not a big deal
>>
>>26510670
VI
No regrets
>>
>>26511528
Oh, I guess unlimited TMs... I seem to remember it not being such a big deal in Gen IV though. Did they have all TMs buyable from the Frontier or something? I'd miss infinite TMs but we survived 4 Gena without it and it introduced pretty much nothing else hugely relevant to gqme play besides HAs I guess.
>>
>>26510690
Tms becoming infinite was that gen yeah?
>>
The only real answer is Gen 6. I'll miss Fairy Type and some Gen 6 Pokemon. That's it.

>>26510673
>no more held items, breeding or genders?

>>26511406
Hidden Abilities and the saviour of the Bug Type.
>>
Gen V has the worst starters of them all, but Gen IV is just bad as far as pokemon. Horrible evolutions, horrible legendaries for the most part, boring and forgettable lore (gen 6 too, but not as bad). The Physical Special split is cool, but I can live without it.
>>
>>26510670
>IV-VI
>>
>>26511929
IV had phys/spec split, V had HAs and unlimited TMs, 6 had Megas, breeding and many competitive team building mechanics as far as important stuff goes. Unlimited TMs is kind of a deal breaker but I feel they've been moving further and further into mitigating their shittiness even before BW so maybe if they never got to unlimited TMs we may still have got something like all TMs being buyable or disable randomly somewhere which would be enough for me.
>>
After a lot of thought, I think I'd have to go with Gen VI. It would be V if not for the loss of unlimited TMs.
>>
>>26510670

VI, just to get rid of megas.
>>
Removing Gen3 means removing cancer such as:
>Blaziken
>Salamence
>IVs
>Natures
>EVs (stat exp stays)
>abilities
>hail
>doubles
>fug
>gardevoir
>mawile
>sableye
>by extension, ORAS
>>
Gen VI
>fairies were a mistake
>Megas were a mistake
>Amie is shit
>Supertraining is shit
only loss is easier breeding, but then again, injecting isn't a Gen VI exclusive feature
I feel kinda bad for making my bro Mawile shit again, but it would be the best choice overall
>>
>>26510670
>GEN 6 IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER

FUCK MEGAEVOLUTIONS
FUCK 3D

>tfw this will never happen
>>
File: 1462849200670.jpg (304 KB, 601x648) Image search: [Google]
1462849200670.jpg
304 KB, 601x648
>>26513038
This. Gen 1 pandering, gimmicky as fuck garbage.
>>
>>26511295
I'd give a fuck since Megas would be gone, and I really really like most of them. It'd remove my favorite design.
>>
Why remove Gen 6? It made breeding and overall competitive scene easier to access without Pokegen and sorts.

I pick gen 3, it brought almost nothing important into the game. Gen 5 had amazing games and amazing pokemon while bringing nothing except hidden ability mechanic.
>>
>>26511506
Sandstorm, rain dance and sunny day are all gen 2.
>>
>>26510673
Gen 1.
Its the worst gen.
>>
>>26510670
kill gen 1 pls
>>
>>26510670
Gen II: Dark & Steel
Gen III: errrrrrr nothing really
Gen IV: Physical/Special Split
Gen V: Largest addition of new pokemon + Best Plot + Animated Sprites
Gen VI: 3D & Fairy Type

Gonna have to be Gen III
>>
>>26513287
Natures, abilities, weather, double battles!
>>
easy, gen vi. only good thing was fairy type but i'll sacrifice it for __gem-type.
>>
>>26513306
oh shit yeaaah, probs Gen VI then, 3D will be in Gen VII anyway and i dont care about fairies.
>>
>>26510670
So, if I pick gen 1 does that mean that the franchise never existed to begin with? Or does it start from gen 2?

Realistically though the franchise would suffer the least from gen 5, but I like gen 5 so i'm gonna go with gen 6.
>>
>>26512945
stat exp was a terrible mechanic and you have to be a scrub of the highest order to think they're in any way preferable to EVs

in other words, kys
>>
File: Untitled 1.gif (3 MB, 5070x2767) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.gif
3 MB, 5070x2767
gen 6 because digimons and stupid object pokemons
>>
>>26512945
Why do people hate ORAS so much.
It's very great.
>>
>>26513535

No it isn't. It's an easy mode shitfest with a lack of content and no surprises of any kind (except for how utterly mediocre it is).
>>
>>26513574
>lack of content
What content does it lack?
It even got the Delta Episode added. I liked this.
XY has much less content.
>>
>>26510735
Good, I can finally be free
>>
>>26510670
Gen 5.
No one of importance will bat an eye
>>
Pokemon Ranger
Had one obtainble item and pretty sure Pokemon
I win
>>
>>26513654
There will always be Shin Megami Tensei clone that will be as popular as Pokemon even if Pokemon didn't exist.
>>
>>26510670
Gen V is the least loss of them all, pokemons in it were just a gen1 remake(I will miss like, 5 of them), and nothing great in terms of mechanics.
>Rigged sprites wouldn't make a difference since we are now in 3d era.
>Plot barely matters, the plot was shit, more depth than the others, but as if anyone play pokemon for the plot.
>I barely use TM's, there is only a couple of them that I used more than once.
>We get rid of name censoring, introduced in gen V
>Triple and Rotation, won't miss them
>The only games in genV were BW and BW2, no remake losses

>>26513683
>erase one generation of games
>Pokemon Ranger
Anon, pls.
>>
>>26511295
>This entire post
/thread
>>26513438
>I'd rather minmax my stats lol
Only shitty thing about Stat Exp. was how fucking long it took to earn.
>>
>>26511295
>There's a reason so many people dropped Pokemon during the XY hype.

It was the second most selling game of the year for the 3DS, anon.
>>
>>26513656
Gen 4 to ruin your day
>>
I'd delete Gen VI. I think Mega Evolution could have been fixed, but the way it was implemented was poorly done and the Gen VI games aside from PMD Super were just bad. Also I liked sprites better than 3D.

RIP Clawitzer, Dragalge, and Assault Vest.
>>
>>26510710
Nope, it's obVious.
>>
>>26515447
Just wait.
Sun and Moon will be much much worse.

After 20h you're through.
>>
>>26515447
I still think Mega Evolutions is going to be a great addition to the game. Most people are salty about it because a lot of pokemons that got Megas were popular and/or legendaries.

But the truth is that a lot of shitmons got Megas, and if they keep giving Megas, more shitmons will be able to get them, I'm only worried as to how they are going to change the mega stones, since it is not reasonable to have 200+ mega stones in your inventory.
>>
>>26510670
If gen 5 soundtracks are gonna stay you can erase the rest no problem, it introduced nothing of value outside of few okay mechanics and loads of cancer like genies
>>
>>26513287
natures
abilities
EVS
IVS
choice items
>>
>>26515634
>genies and ponyshit are gen V
Remove that shit pls.
>>
Gen VI
Duh
We would go back to superior sprites
>>
>>26515775
We wouldn't. We would go back to genV sprites.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.