[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Pokemon version is "better"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Pokemon.jpg (90 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.jpg
90 KB, 760x428
Hey /vp/ I was nostalgia-ing something fierce today and was deciding on which Pokemon game to get, either red, blue or yellow.
Is Yellow a "complete" version? Or is it missing Pokemon purposely like red and blue?
Discuss.
>>
>>26509469
and thus started the war
>>
>>26509469
Yellow is missing several Pokémon exclusive to both Red or Blue. Mostly Poison types used by Jessie & James and other odd Pokémon. iirc the list includes:
Weedle family
Ekans family
Koffing family
Meowth family
Electabuzz
Magmar
Jynx

But you get all 3 starters and some interesting area catches exclusive to Yellow like Pidgeotto as early as Viridian Forest or wild Kadabras near Lavender.

Up to you OP. I prefer Red because Arbok is my nigga.
>>
>>26509499
I'd almost want it on the principle of getting all 3 starters for 100% sake, seems to make it easier. On the other hand, I do want red because of the fact that it was the version I had.
Many thanks on the info anon, may your Pokemon be plenty and shiny.
>>
>>26509469
Played blue first in 5th grade. So blue is superior, anyone that says different is autistic, has shit taste and doesn't like to have fun.
>>
My favorite pokemon, porygon, is much easier to get in blue so I would recommend that one.
>>
>>26509684
>mfw I would always pick Squirtle in Red because I liked Blastoise and the Red Version exclusives more
>>
>>26509474
is a hard choice.
>>
>>26509787
good boy
Blue Version exclusive mons are crap
>>
Yellow has all the startes, is in color, and if you are buying it on the 3DS it comes with the surfing Pikachu mini game.
>>
Wasn't there something about the VC versions of these games interacting somehow with Pokebank?
Anyone hear anything new about it?
>>
Yellow has extra content with more Trainers to fight and a cool minigame, and Trainers actually have thought put into their teams instead of their Pokemon just having the same movesets they would if encountered in the wild.
>>
>>26514213
Not until S&M come out. You'll be able transfer gen 1 VC games to the gen 7 games.
>>
>>26514126
Yeah, especially considering Red Version gets motherfucking Growlithe.
>>
>>26514175
R/B are in color too right? At least they are if you play them on a super game boy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.