[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headcanon thread. Post any headcanon you want, even if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
Headcanon thread. Post any headcanon you want, even if it's just a tiny little detail that would make the universe of Pokemon more interesting. Maps are acceptable.
>>
The Sinnoh region is north of johto
>>
>>26509540
I just needed a pic to post.
>>
>>26509452
I like to think that everything written in the Pokédex is demonstrably false. Not just the "written by a 10 year old" meme, but rather, specifically 100% false to troll you. Every single entry.
>>
>>26509452
Rapelio is real and is spawned from the senseless hate he received as a starter. He's also a pretty nice guy and only wants to make things fun for people.
>>
Scott was a Champion prior to Steven and Wallace, and formed the Battle Frontier to find strong trainers and exciting battles, after growing bored as Champion.
>>
>>26509452
Falkner, the first Gym Leader in Pokemon GSC has an underleveled Pidgeotto that his dad gave him, "my dad's cherished bird Pokemon". And he is always talking about how great his dad is in the games. Farther in the game, you find him tlking to Janine (Koga's daughter):

>"Out of all the Trainers out there, the best Trainer would have to be my dad."
>"You are mistaken. My dad treats Poké..."

He cuts himself off. Maybe because he knows his dad isn't what Falkner claims to be? Anyways, he asks if you heard him and changes the subject:

>"You were listening, right? You agree my dad is greater, right?"

It seems like he's in denial and needs input from other people to reassure that the image he has of his father is innocent and normal. And it's not like they were out in the open talking about this, they were huddled between to shelves in the department store. Sketchy.

But my headcanon is the Falkner's dad is a member of Team Rocket, specifically part of the group involved in forcing Pokemon to prematurely evolve (e.g. Lake of Rage Magikarp/Gyarados). Hence why we never see Falkner's dad, why Falkner is somewhat obsessed about spreading his father's name under a good light, and why he has an underleved Pidgeotto (that Falkner's Team Rocket Father gave him)
>>
You can store items in Pokeballs
>>
I like to believe that the reason why some trainers have evolved-yet-underleveled pokemon is because there is a certain technique that allows pokemon to evolve at earlier stages. This can occur either naturally (Pidgeotto can sometimes show up in Viridian forest in pokemon yellow) or by force (Lance and his dragonites, Ghetsis and is Hydreigon)

i hope sun/moon expands on this
>>
>>26509452
Pokémon professors get their starter Pokémon from poachers in other regions. This is why they are not found in the wild. For example, Piplup is a penguin while Sinnoh is said to be one of the northernmost regions and Bulbasaur comes from the tropical jungles of South America.

>>26510779
Expanding on this, Pokémon hatched from eggs in the wild are only level 1, but being cared for abd incubated by a trainer causes the Pokémon to hatch at level 5. This is why there are level 2 Pidgey and such in games where eggs hatch at lvl 5.
>>
>>26510714
Isn't that game canon?
>>
>>26510973
not exactly.
>>
It is illegal to date a pokemon... (Without Consent)
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 512x288
>>26509452
I think that the player character is a prodigy at Pokemon training.

Just because every trainer except the off Champion specializes in a type. The player character can just use any type he or she wants.

If you're a normal person and you want to raise a fire pokemon... think of all the stuff you would have to do to fire proof your home. Then you catch a ground type and it just earthquakes your home to rubble. Too bad you didn't earthquake-proof your home.
>>
>>26512764
you literally find items in pokeballs. it is canon.
>>
>>26509540
>>26509983
I thought this was fact what with Sinjoh Ruins
>>
>>26509452
The ideas that Arceus created the universe and that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon are two contrasting theories of creation in the world of Pokemon, similar to religion vs evolution in the real world. I see people saying that the two Pokemon don't match up with each other without realizing that people could just not KNOW where Pokemon came from, and instead came up with their own theories.

In a way, it makes sense seeing how Kanto was a much more sciency region, whereas Sinnoh was a much more religious.
>>
>>26510395

Truly deep. Quite cool

The Unown are the secret to everything, even Arceus was made from (special) Unown. Almost all regions have the same language because of them.

Shadow Pokemon are an artificial mega evolution process gone wrong (heh, nega-evolution).
>>
I believe Muks and Grimers are carrying their babies inside their mouths where they can grow slowly.
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77 KB, 400x551) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77 KB, 400x551
>>26513095
>ancestor=creator
>implying arceus didnt make mew and things didnt branch of from mew. through whatever pokemon logc.
>>
>>26513095
>>26513145
yeah, my headcannon is arceaus is the first, arcy then creates mew, and every pokemon after mew is based somewhat on mew's blue-print
>>
>>26513145
Well how my headcanon goes is that Arceus is the concept of a 'god' creating the universe and all life, whereas Mew is the concept that all life evolved from a common ancestor. I mean yeah they could work together but I don't really like the idea of a Pokemon 'god' personally.
>>
>>26513095
makes sense since sinnoh is based on an island that is home to a larger indigenous population, which are traditional and spiritual.
>>
>>26509452
The Mystery Dungeon games take place in the far, far future after human civilization nuked itself to oblivion.
>>
>>26515472
Or an alternate timeline where Team Plasma won.
>>
File: 20160529_121312.jpg (55 KB, 324x173) Image search: [Google]
20160529_121312.jpg
55 KB, 324x173
I wish they'd expand on "the war" that happened in the pokemon universe, I know there was the Kalos war and a more recent war that lt. Surge served in.

I like to believe there was a war between the alliance of Kalos and Unova versus Kanto Johto and Sinnoh like WWII
>>
Marrowacks naturally die shortly after giving birth to Cubones. That's why they're all wearing the the skulls of their mothers.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1075x1280) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1075x1280
The pokemon league is a televised event / reality show, like "*'s got talent" or X Factor or Big brother.

That's why the league members are treated like celebrities in the public.

That's why they have flashy costumes and spectacular stages

That's why they all have "quotes" they repeat to suit their personalty

That's why you win cash prizes for winning

That's why winning it is essentially meaningless and doesn't change you - the player - in anyway. You won a TV show - so what? No one really cares. Everyone in the region will be tuning in to see the next winner tomorrow.
>>
>>26515508
Lt surge seems tobe the only soldier tho. Could it be he's making it all up?
>>
>>26515508
Surge is from unova.
I guess unova and kanto were allies
Here is my theory:

Kanto and johto battled time ago (20 years prior gen 1), so, they closed the borders and Kanto deleted any Johto reference. After 3 years, Kanto and Johto re-opened the borders and are friends again, they expanded the pokedex and agreed to help each other (gym leaders)

Kanto won, Johto had a depression and that explains why gyms are low-leveled and brand new, also why they are very rural.

Unova supported Kanto, sending Lt. Surge, their best soldier. Thanks to his help, he was named gym leader.

What about Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos?

I think the Pokemon Nation (National Dex) is like UN, and was funded after the war. Maybe Hoenn supported Kanto (Gen 1 and Gen 3) and Sinnoh supported Johto (Gen 2 and Gen 4). Kalos was neutral (After the Great War, they prefered to be peaceful).

Just an sketch, not final.
>>
>>26515685
I believe there was a trainer in his gym claiming Surge saved his life out on the battlefield
>>
>>26512922
But in the Colosseum games, they aren't Pokeballs, but rather they're small metal boxes colored like Pokeballs.
>>
>>26515741
Lt. Surge is more akin to the American occupation of nipnongland after ww2, at least to me. US still has military bases over there, too.
>>
>>26515741
Kanto and Johto, bordering each other and sharing a league, could either suggest they are allied, share a government, or one annexed the other during the war. Given the links between Johto and Sinnoh culture, such as the Sinjoh ruins, it's possible Johto and Sinnoh were also allied. Lt. Surge suggests either Unova was allied with Kanto or Surge occupies Vermilion. With 3-4 regions on one side, it's probable Hoenn and Kalos could have been fighting in the war against Kanto,
>>
Pokemon aren't from this world:they are bioengineered creatures made by aliens created in order to know our behaviour through our relationships with pokemons...what I'm trying to say that is all part of an experiment
Also I like to think that Arceus actually has an alternate,flawless form (like Giratina but something godly)
>>
File: pkmn.png (468 KB, 709x2728) Image search: [Google]
pkmn.png
468 KB, 709x2728
>>26509452
Just made this chart.
>>
>>26516357
Chansey can be found in unknown dungeon though.
>>
>>26516357
Half of those can be caught in the wild of the game they were introduced in though. Listing a bunch of Safari Zone Pokemon doesn't mean shit. If I went on safari in Africa and saw lions does that mean they aren't indigenous to that location? Unless it's specificalyy stated that the Safari Zone takes Pokemon from their natural habitats I don't really buy it. Does anyone know of any in game text stating whether or not this is the case?
>>
>>26516357
You forgot Zoroark. It's in the Pokemon Village in Kalos but in Unova you can't get it outside of events.
>>
>>26515772
Spin-offs don't count you dildo.
>>
Heatran and Volcanion are Groudon's lackeys.
>>
>>26516357
Keep in mind that no non-gen-v Pokemon is native to Unova. They've all migrated or been introduced.
>>
>>26515653
Except people do recognize you as a Champion after winning the league, and even in between games, giving you a celebrity status of sorts. Other than that, it's a cool headcanon.
>>
>>26512885
>image
helloreddit.png
>>
File: but-why.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
but-why.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>26516357
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.