[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I quit sometime before oras but I understand it introduced several
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I quit sometime before oras but I understand it introduced several move tutors.

I'll of course take my time and see how that impacted the meta but would anyone care to rise some honorable mentions? I mean, those pokemon that were raised from their tier or are now having a much better time now that they can learn this or that.
>>
This thread will generate very little replies.
I know how /vp/ works.

Good luck, OP.
>>
File: losthope.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
losthope.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>26509407
I expected none, to be honest. Thanks .
>>
>>26509396
It was the final nail in the coffin for Greninja's allowance in ou. It got access to gunk shot and that forced it to go into uber.
>>
>>26509396
Florges got Synthesis which was great for it in UU and Slurpuff got Drain Punch so it actually has physical coverage now. Most of the major changes were just allowing things like Hyper Voice Gardevoir to be legal with a pentagon on cart, which didn't impact Smogon at all.
>>
>>26509396
I'm in the same boat as you OP but I imagine all the new stealth rockers changed the scene a bit.

Not going back into the meta until S&M hit anyway, seems pointless otherwise.
>>
File: ASnT0O3V.jpg (32 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
ASnT0O3V.jpg
32 KB, 401x401
>>26509686
Jesus fucking christ. Its coverage must be insane now.

>>26509799
Sounds great. I haven't touched UU since early gen 4 but its quite the scenario when it comes to competitive. I'm sure the hoster is immense nowadays.

>>26509835
I feel you. I used to be a hardass smogonfag but nowadays all I want to do is play the story and breed/trade for collection purposes. It wouldnt be fair to call it retirement for I still battle, though I'm A HUNDRED TIMES less serious about it now. I dont get triggered by legendaries or ''cheap'' strategies anymore. I enjoy the game for what it is regardless of the outcome.
>>
>>26509396
Pokemon with -iate abilities got access to hyper voice. Knock off, icy wind and stealth rock users are the ones who benefit more from tutors I think.
>>
>>26509407
including you.
>>
I hope gen 7 makes Machamp relevant again
>>
>>26509396
Gyarados got Crunch
>>
>>26509396
For OU,

The dominating Mega attackers in the meta became Mega Pinsir, Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, and Mega Scizor (usually as a bulky setup sweeper). The dominating non-Mega attackers became Weavile, Manaphy, Specs Volcanion, Specs Keldeo, and Serperior.

Hoopa-U was the premier attacker in the tier but was banned because the Specs set had no counters barring Mega Audino, which fails to take hits if hazards are up and loses to the non-Specs set which usually carries Gunk Shot.

Talonflame has shifted roles into a Specially Defensive mon with optional setup due to the need to answer Mega Charizard Y, Serperior, Volcarona, and Special Attacking Fairies. Klefki is OU as a generic switch-in and last ditch sweep stop courtesy of T-Wave, with Spikes setup as its main role otherwise, but dual screen setup is also a thing with it. Tornadus-T is a midground with AV Regenerator (and U-Turn) as a makeshift generic Special wall. Garchomp and Landorus-T have also turned into generic walls, but for Physical Attackers, with Rocky Helmet helping them discourage the big attackers that mainly make contact.

Electric attackers in the form of Raikou and Mega Manectric, though deemed valuable to answering threats like Manaphy, are beginning to fall from usage due to the rise of Hippowdon who's a valuable mixed wall that doesn't care about HP Ice. Thundurus-I is still around though because it hits harder with its Life Orb or Nasty Plot sets, can go Mixed with Knock Off + Superpower to even break Chansey, and even gets Grass Knot to demolish Hippo.

Mega Metagross and Mega Sableye were suspect tested, but neither banned. Gothitelle's Shadow Tag was banned though. Clefable replaced Sylveon as the go-to Fairy tank because movepool and abilities trumped the need for extra bulk.

Stall is dominating the current meta due to Shadow Tag (which both hurt stall and helped it by catching and ruining stallbreakers on teams) being banned and Hoopa-U being banned.
>>
>>26509396
damn, wish that were me under Machamp
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.