[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously underrated villain. Look at this guy, he's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis[1].png (152 KB, 374x600) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis[1].png
152 KB, 374x600
Seriously underrated villain. Look at this guy, he's like Voldemort and Darth Vader's bastard lovechild. Unlike all the other villain bosses in Pokémon, he is actually extraordinarily evil.
>>
>>26509062

He's the only villain whose goal was simply "world domination," which is pretty cliched, but actually unique in the context of this series. So he's simultaneously the least creative yet most threatening villain in the series. I wouldn't want a repeat of him in future generations, but for what he was, he was quite well done.
>>
I love how he literally has a mental breakdown from losing to a child TWICE in the span of 2 years.
>>
>>26509117
I don't blame him. That's embarrassing.
>>
I still do wonder what happened to the right side of his body. I know the fan theory is that he got attacked when his Hydreigon went on a rampage, but I want to know what actually happened.
>>
>>26509101
Does Cyrus count as world domination if his aim was to create his own world?
>>
He manipulated his adopted son
He manipulated a fucking army and when that failed, did it again.
He tried to kill a 10 year old (might hit close to home for a few of you underage b&s)
In the end
He still didn't give a flying fuck
>>
>>26509394

I was going to respond to you, but then I saw your trip, so I'll just sage instead.
>>
>>26509298
Debatable, since he couldn't care less about the current world. Does being the only existing being in your new world qualify as domination?

However, you could count Evice and Greevil from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness, or Darkrai in PMD: Sky.
>>
>>26509418
Either way you still replied to and addressed me.
>>
>>26509117
It's great how in BW he's manipulative, calculating, and has everything planned to the smallest detail. Then in BW2 after his plans fell through in the previous game he's been reduced to a shell of his old self that relies on brute force and rage and can't deceive anybody anymore. A character who saw him in BW might not even be able to recognize him.
>>
>>26509062
I love everything about his design but himself
>>
>>26509101

I still think Cyrus was more threatening.

Cyrus wanted to erase everything so he can be by himself for fucks sake.

Second comes in Lysandre, who was going to genocide everyone except his followers because he was tired of how shitty people were.

Archie and Maxie were downright retarded though.

Giovanni a best.
>>
>>26509062
He's not underrated, he was weak and you know it.
>>
>>26509062
I like how he looks like a guy who's gone into hiding after the events of BW.
>>
>>26509062
His eye cloak always makes me think of the skin dress from Silence of the Lambs
>>
>>26509520
That's why they're among the few (only?) villains to be redeemed. They aren't evil, just well meaning yet stupid.

Also best canon couple.
>>
>>26509062
Unlike 90% of main game villains, he didn't say sorry.
This makes him the evilest villain.
>>
File: hilberto.png (72 KB, 195x196) Image search: [Google]
hilberto.png
72 KB, 195x196
>>26509493
this guy gets it
>>
>>26509606
Did most of the villains say sorry? I didn't get t play a lot of the games, but I thought Giovanni's sorry was fake, Cyrus got eaten by some dimension, and Lysandre followed his ideals to the end. With Ghetsis, that's a bunc of people who never said sorry.
>>
>>26509661
Yeah i love ghetsis, but i think the only antagonist team that ever actually apologized and changed their ways were Aqua, Magma, and the half of Plasma who sympathized with N.
>>
>>26509661
Literally only Archie and Maxie and the rest of Team Aqua and Magma, Colress, and N apologize. And they all have pretty good reasons, because they were more misguided than they were evil. Let's not forget that Maxie/Archie are "good guys" in the opposite games, Colress is shown as morally ambivalent throughout the entire game, and N is just disillusioned.

You could through Xerosic in there, too. Similar to Colress in several ways.
>>
>>26509394
neither group of black/white protags where 10. pretty sure they where stated to be 14-16
>>
>>26509062
>Machiavellian
>murderous
>sociopath
Ghetsis is one of a kind pokemon villain for sure.
I still think autismo Cyrus was more dangerous, in that he wanted to annihilate the universe because mommy didn't love him. And where ghetsis just disappears at the end of BW2, Cyrus has a way more interesting end, getting exiled to another godamnned dimension to waste away and go insane.
>>
>>26509776
Oh.
Most of my point still stands, though.
>>
>>26509871
Ghetsis is more evil, but Cyrus is more dangerous.
The thing is, when Cyrus got left behind in the Reverse World he got exactly what he always wanted, even if he didn't realize it.
>>
>>26509062
but N is the main villain.
not moldybutt.
>>
>>26509062
Team Aqua and Team Magma were objectively the most evil Pokemon villains. Expanding the sea would increase the Tentacool population while expanding the ground would increase the Zubat population.
>>
>>26514847
this
>>
Since this is a Ghetsis thread..
BW theme or B2W2 theme?
>>
>>26509117
It's similar to Giovanni, in Gen 1 he lost to Red and just flat out disbanded the Pokemon equivalent to the mafia or Yakuza, we found out in HGSS that he outright abandoned his own son and went into hiding for 3 years inside Tohjo Falls all because he was beaten by an 11 year old, and before seeing him in B2W2 a ton of fans speculated that he killed himself for losing to Ethan/Lyra.
>>
>>26514847
The horror!
>>
You're not allowed to praise Gen 5 of anything, except BW2's postgame.
>>
>>26514847
>Zubats
>Not Geodudes
>>
File: 1310487759655.jpg (256 KB, 900x1500) Image search: [Google]
1310487759655.jpg
256 KB, 900x1500
just throwing in some visual support making this thread easier to read
>>
Some would say that's exactly what makes him a shit villain though.

I like him in BW2 though with how he literally tries to kill you because he's fed up with the bullshit of having some meddling teens constantly fucking up his plans for world domination, that's pretty metal for Pokemon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.