[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im having a moral issue with pokemon. the more i watch and play,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mwpxlaRbw71rhzoppo1_500.gif (240 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwpxlaRbw71rhzoppo1_500.gif
240 KB, 500x500
im having a moral issue with pokemon.

the more i watch and play, the more bad i feel. why do pokemon have to be in pokeballs all daY? i get it for giant ass pokemon, but shouldnt most be able to walk freely like pikachu or meowth does? sure we see them out sometimes, but not very much. at the very least why cant they let pokemon out of hteir pokeballs every evening when they arent walking around?

it just seems really mean. i have moral issues owning a dog cuz i feel like she doesnt get enough play time since i im the only person in her life.
>>
Play HGSS and only have 1 pokemon at a time
>>
People are sewing for 20 hours a day and not making enough money to eat and that's what you chose to feel bad about.
>>
>>26508765

what about hm slaving?

honestly just watching the show has been making it rough for me.
>>
>>26508773

im not saying i dont feel bad abotu those things, but im not faced with seeing that the way i am with pokemon. essentially im ahving a moral issue participatingi n pokemon becuase it makes me feel bad. like i know they are digital and fake, but it makes me feel sad watching it / playing the games. more so the show cuz you are experiencing a full story whereas in the games its so 8 bit it doesnt matter
>>
>>26508774
kys and hope you're born not a total fucking loser
>>
>>26508774
Play Feraligatr with Surf, Strength, Whirpool and Rock Smash.

No flash nor flying run.
>>
Pokemon get to live in a comfy virtual reality environment instead of looking for food and defending their home.

In my head canon pokemon have access to the internet while they're boxed in the PC.
>>
>>26508819
On the Internet nobody knows you're a pokemon
>>
>>26508785

this isn't the worst idea ive ever heard.

>>26508819

thats the headcannon i like but the shows never really confirmed it so idk. it just feels sad knowing they are in there all day. is that why electric pokemon dont like pokeballs?

i just wish they'd let the trainers keep em out of the pokeballs. why not? theres only six.
>>
i guess this is why i prefer digimon
>>
This isn't the only problem. The game forces us to treat them like objects, it is the central premise of the game. It is unavoidable. Apparently, no one has a problem with that.
>>
>>26508756
OP, I probably would not be playing pokémon if it was actually about enslaving sapient creatures against their will. You gotta understand, any pokémon can leave their pokéball and their trainer whenever they want.
>>
>>26508783
Every_word_you_say_creates_pressure_fluctuations_and_air_currents_that_cut_across_my_skin_like_a_thousand_tiny_knives.nedroid
>>
>>26508819

in the show pokemon are generally shown as enjoying their lives in the wild.
>>
>>26508756
Shut up N
>>
>>26508884
They go out of their way to emphasize that they should NOT be treat like object. Pokémon are supposed to be your friends. Some people are going to treat them like objects anyway but they never encourage that in the games.
>>
>>26508884

the games less of a problem for me cuz its so low qual (though i admittedly havent played any of them since emerald 386 was hacked.

>>26508885

kinda. but then that charmander episode happens and...

>>26508888

what?

>>26508899

i do remember this being said a lot even in the game. over emphasized in the show.

but thats kind of what makes it so creepy to me. like these animals lining up to be enslaved and fight and get hurt and then spend all day in a tiny little ball.
>>
>>26508899
The gameplay ITSELF does! They may be saying one thing, but the game is doing another. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>26508756
Looks like you became a weak pussy OP.
>>
>>26508918

this desu. when you consider that pokemon CAN die in battle, like when you kill gary's raticate... it makes it a little too grim for me.
>>
>>26508918

Okay. I mean I'm not actually gonna go hunting for a source here, but they always say that pokémon battling is sport. They are not pitted against each other against their will. The pokémon WANT to fight, because it's like a game to them. Like an exercise to grow stronger.

>>26508940
That's a fan theory you nincompoop
>>
>>26508951

which makes it kind of darker

>thats a fan theory

in the way that gravity is a theory.
>>
Make thorough use of the pokemonamie minigame
>>
>>26508951
They also say pokemon have many different personalities. That means that some may not want to fight at all.
>>
>>26508972

BUT HTEN THEY'D JUST LEAVE I MEAN LOOK AT TEAM ROCKET ALL THEIR POKEMON JUST UP AND LEAVE CUZ THEY DONT WANT TO BE THERE AMIRITE?
>>
>>26508783
>its so 8 bit

You don't even know what that means retard... Jesus fucking christ how stupid can you be to say idiotic shit like this... Its like sa
>>
>>26508958
>in the way that gravity is a theory.
That statement is literally incorrect
One is a scientific theory
One is a common interpretation of a piece of art
>>
>>26508958
I don't understand how that's darker though. The pokémon are never greviously injured unless things get way out of hand like there's an evil organization involved.

>in the way that gravity is a theory

A scientific theory is not the same thing- Y'know what nevermind

>>26508972
Yeah, Leafon's dex entries specifically state that it 'basically does not fight'. Which I always highly admired that they would ever descibe a pokémon like that, because that's pretty ballsy of them to do.

Ya got me there though. Leafeon apparently doesn't like to fight but you can still fight with it. I'd chalk that up to game logic though, or perhaps Leafeon can overcome their dislike of fighting if they love their trainer and want to do well for them.
>>
>>26508994
Pokemon can be criminals
>>
>>26508994
I didn't say there weren't ones that did want to fight, just ones that don't want to.
>>
File: 1453797478484.png (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453797478484.png
67 KB, 1920x1080
>>26508756
We're hiring!
>>
>>26509005

>art is not science

the same way everything in the game is art and therefore just a theory.

you done?

>>26509012

you ever watch the pokemon movie with the unkown where ash's mom 'wants' to be there for that little girl?

thats basically whats going on here. we put htem in pokeballs and then they suddenly wnat to take our orders?

if htats the case why do we see very extremely rare situations where pokemon want to leave? even charmander didnt want to leave his owner after being fucking left in the rain by him. team rocket (outside of jesse and james) are shown to never take good care of thier pokemon. except wabuffet, but even that doesn't leave.

misty borderlien abuses psyduck and he never leaves.
>>
>Pokemon doesn't want to fight
>hold up gym badge
>"o shit this fucker's legit"
>>
>>26509015

and team rocket just happens to catch them all!
>>
>>26509045
Is it abuse to raise your child/pet into a life of crime with you?
>>
>>26509039
I literally could not give less of a shit about the anime
>>
>>26509043

i was gona bring it up, if it was really a choice why would badges make a difference? i mean i could see some being like 'oh okay now hes worthy of my power' or whatever but universally?

>>26509065

yes actually.
>>
>>26509065

i would think so, but the point i was trying to make was that team rocket makes it clear in game and in anime that they do not care abotu their pokemon and HAVE been shown to physically abuse them to get what they want done.

>>26509079

its spooky senpai
>>
>>26509065
little bit, yeah
>>
Okay, I've had enough of this game.

What the game says or what anyone else says is of no consequence. What do YOU feel? Are you only someone seeking power, and only uses pokemon as tools, or are you someone that loved their pokemon? That is the real question.
>>
>>26509102
How do *I* feel? I mean I'm the kinda guy who kept Supersonic on Golbat instead of Confuse Ray just for the lulz. So I don't really think my opinion is of any value in this situation.
>>
>>26509122
If you do not have the strength to have your own opinion, then you deserve what these people give you. Nothing.
>>
>>26509102

I also love my dog. but i feel bad that she doesn't have as good a life as she could have.

this is the same way when i feel watching the pokemon show. the game doesnt make me feel so bad, save for certain moments. cuz its just two tiny pictures wiggling.

its the show that bugs me. watching the way pokemon are used. not a fan.
>>
>>26509161
Then have solace in the matter that the anime has no consistency whatsoever, not even internally. Everything it says and does means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>26509194
In fact...neither do the games. They all mean nothing.
>>
>>26509161
>the game doesnt make me feel so bad, [...] cuz its just two tiny pictures wiggling.
Please refer to>>26508888
>>
>>26509226

what does it even mean?
>>
>>26508756
GO OUTSIDE AND TALK TO PEOPLE.
YOU'VE BEEN ON THE INTERNET TO LONG, FRIEND.
>>
>Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made, Pokémon and humans led separate lives.
>That is not to say they did not help each other. No, indeed they did.
>They supplied each other with goods, and supported each other.
>A Pokémon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans.
>It asked that Pokemon be ready to appear before humans always
>Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear to us if we venture into tall grass.
>implying pokemon don't like adventuring and battling
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 450x600
>>26508783
Consider suicide
>>
>>26510297
never.
>>
File: bush laughing.jpg (27 KB, 409x295) Image search: [Google]
bush laughing.jpg
27 KB, 409x295
>this thread exists
>and there are replies to it
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.