[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gens in order of challenge (difficulty) (from highest to lowest):
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
gens in order of challenge (difficulty) (from highest to lowest):

3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6
>>
>implying gen1 is difficult at all
>>
>>26508358
>5 that low
Someone's never heard of BW2 challenge mode.
>>
>>26508375
No generation is difficult at all.
You can still measure them relatively to each other.
>>
>>26508358
2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6
>>
>>26508379
based on standard first time play through.
>>
>>26508358
4>3>2>5>6

Haven't played 1
>>
5 > 3 = 4 (4 really depends on what starter you pick) > 2 > 1 (if you know the mechanics) >>>6

Swap 1 and 2 if you do not know the mechanics.
Swap 4 and 3 if you don't pick Infernape.
>>
>>26508421
What is the fucking point of swapping 3 and 4 if they're equal?
>>
This is coming from someone who started in 1997, and has played every generation since:

>Gen 2
G/S/C is Gen 2; HG/SS is not Gen 2; judging Gen 2 based on HG/SS is wrong. There are numerous differences between them. For simplicity sake, let's go with Crystal Version.
The Grass Starter is virtually useless; all Gyms have an advantage over it. There is no Mareep to use against Faulker. You can try using Cyndaquil or Onix, but Pidgeotto has Mud-Slap, so it's going to hit you for Super Effective. You can try Totodile, but Sprout Tower is going to be a bitch. You can try catching a Phanpy, but it's a 1% chance.

Bugsy has Fury Cutter, which he spams. If you don't beat Scyther early, you're pretty much toast.

The Rival's Pokemon are probably at least 2-3 levels ahead of yours.

There are no IVs, Abilities, etc etc.

Less Pokemon

The Battle Tower is the hardest in any game, any console.

>Gen 3

>Gen 2

>Gen 4

>Gen 5

>Gen 6
>>
>>26508567
Meant Gen 1 under Gen 3
>>
>>26508358

The only remotely difficult in-game fights are Cynthia in Platinum and Ghetsis in BW.
>>
>>26508567
I can confirm, gen2 was actually harder than the other games. I think that Whitney's Miltank was the only time I have ever lost a battle in game.
Not only that, but leveling was all kinds of fucked up in the game, the later half part of the game was piss easy.
>>
>>26508375
the limitations can make more difficult.
>>
>>26508358

4 (Sinnoh)
1 (That type chart)
5 (That exp yield system preventing over-levelling)
2, 3
>>
>>26508358
>3
If by challenging you mean a chore to get through, sure.
>>
>>26508358
>3
Mudkip shits on the whole game.

>1
Bulbasaur shits on the whole game.

>4
Reasonably difficult, I remember having trouble with Cynthia, although I never went back to replay it.

>2
I remember having a bit of trouble against a few gym leaders, and Red. I'd say it's the hardest just because of Red, who is insanely overleveled compared to everything else in the game.

>5
I didn't have any trouble at all with 5, aside from the first gym where I had to grind up a doggo.

>6
EXP Share and the low enemy levels make this pretty easy.

My order would be:
2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 3
I haven't replayed most of these games so this is probably really inaccurate.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.