[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me get in the card game. i wanna start wasting my money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game1.jpg (297 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game1.jpg
297 KB, 600x500
help me get in the card game. i wanna start wasting my money on this shit
>>
>>26507601
This should help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpf25GfbjpM
>>
>>26507601
Just play the video game.
>>
>>26507626
i can't get into the games. i used to when i was a kid but not anymore. the cards look nice and i'm willing to collect them since i like collecting things. just wanted to know some tips? like recommended buys? how i know which cards are rare? and maybe how to play in case i might want to do that?
>>
>>26507649
I meat the TCG video game.
>>
>>26507623
Sexy
>>
>>26507649
You don't wanna play the card game.

You wanna play the TCG video game. The GameBoy game. The one you posted in the OP. It's way fucking better than the actual card game. And the music...holy sweet delicious fuck the music...
>>
>>26507649
>how i know which cards are rare?
there's a small symbol in the bottom right corner. circle is a common, diamond an uncommon and star a rare
>how to play in case i might want to do that?
buy a preconstructed deck. there should be a "how to play" guide or play the video game
>>
>>26507764
oh, so i take it people aren't big on the actual cards here?

>>26507856
preconstructed deck? like those big packages? i was thinking of getting an elite trainer deck. might hold out until the generations one comes out.
>>
>>26507601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJnJVW5dNU
>>
>>26507601
TCG was probably really awesome way back in the day. None of this EX bullshit. I wouldn't recommended getting into now.
>>
>>26507601
Start buying booster packs. Buy pre-constructed decks. Visit the official website, which I'm sure has tons of information. There are whole communities out there that would be willing to help you get into it.
>>
>>26508000
ah man those 60 pack decks take me back. back when pokemon cards were sold in this shithole. 40 euros for one of those fuckers. never got any cards because of it
>>
Play the online version until you figure out what you're doing.
>>
File: iminterested.png (83 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
iminterested.png
83 KB, 512x512
>>26507623
>>
Play the online version first dipshit.

Free to play, you could learn a thing or two from people who know what they are doing, and we have a general on this board. Opening random packs is guaranteed loss of wealth and the theme decks are almost completely worthless since most are filled with "fluff" mons/trainers.
>>
File: Horror2.jpg (14 KB, 227x147) Image search: [Google]
Horror2.jpg
14 KB, 227x147
>>26507623
>>
OP, do yourself a favor and don't get into the card game. That shit was fun when we were casual little kids, but competitively it's not too good.
Is that because the game is bad? Not at all. The game is perfectly fine, very playable, moreso than most others.
But it costs way too much. You need 4 of each of your strong Pokemon, and they don't come cheap. And when they get rotated out, you'll have to buy more. People get mad at Konami for making shit expensive, but it's 10x worse in Pokemon.
I know that you're okay with wasting your money based on your post, but there is better shit to spend your money on.

If you want to play the game without losing all your money, play the video games. There are 2 on the GBC, one is Japan-only but there's a good fan translation. These games are great, and I recommend that you play them in release order.

There's also a randomizer for the first game, if you're interested.

One thing you should know about the first game is that they give you almost no energy. However, there's a trick to get a fuck ton of energy. There's a man to the right of the professor guy who will give you 60 energy if there are no energy cards in your trunk. Put all your energy into your decks, then talk to the man to get the energy. This can be repeated to gain lots of energy.
>>
>>26507623
My eyes
Spongebob quote.
>>
www.pokebeach.com
>>
>>26507895
People shit on poketubers, but this video thought me enough to not asl anyone about rules agai
>>
File: o.gif (546 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
o.gif
546 KB, 255x255
>>26510899
>People get mad at Konami for making shit expensive, but it's 10x worse in Pokemon.
>>
>>26507890
Elite trainer boxes are not decks. They contain crap like play mats, card sleeves and dice, along with some boosters that contain random cards. You can only really use most cards if you have others to go with them (such as evolution cards or the correct energy), so you'd have to buy dozens of packs before you could build a deck.

To get started, buy a theme deck. These are pre-made decks that work well together (but are generally missing powerhouses) then buy lots of boosters and use the things you get to gradually upgrade your theme deck and eventually make completely new decks.
If you have nobody to play against, use the codes you get in each pack to play the TCG online.
If you have a lot of money and want to play seriously quickly, look up a tournament deck and buy the individual cards on eBay.
>>
>>26507601
Step1: Buy a trainer set.
Step2: Pour gasoline and light aflame
Step3: Profit!

There. You've just wasted time and money. You're on your way to become a pro.
>>
File: HoY1IaG.jpg (1010 KB, 1100x6940) Image search: [Google]
HoY1IaG.jpg
1010 KB, 1100x6940
>>26513720
>theme decks
>work well together

But yeah, they help to get started a lot.
>>
>>26513758
They contain consistent evolution lines and the energy cards required to use them. Try getting those from boosters without spending ten times as much.
>>
>>26513758
>that entire image
More power to you if you can manage to enjoy this, but all of this seems way too strict and unfun.
>>
>>26513840
A lot of competitive communities gain far more enjoyment out of putting other people down and bragging about how seriously they take their children's video/card games than they do from actually playing.
>>
>>26507601
A current meta deck costs 400 bucks.
>>
Stop buying random decks nigga.

>play online
>see if you like the game
>build your FREE deck
>write down/print out your list
>order the exact cards you need online instead of blowing all your money away on random as packs.
>>
I just got into the TCG myself OP, although I've been playing TCGO
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.