[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these games so fucking perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo.png (179 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo.png
179 KB, 500x246
Why are these games so fucking perfect?
>>
Because they took the exact formula of an already existing franchise that is popular, put Pokemon characters in it, and repackaged it.
>>
They're not; they're boring, repetitive and your Pokemon don't evolve until after you beat the game. Considering you think this game is 'perfect' just shows how shit a taste you have.
>>
I only ever played the first one, I think Blue Squad or whatever version was on the DS and not the gba. I loved the charm of the game and the personalities of all the different characters you met even if it was a standard dungeon crawler.

I've always meant to play the whole series though and I will when they all eventually come out on VC.
>>
>>26506556
>I literally don't understand the point.
(You)
>>
>>26506518
Fun gameplay (>opinions) and nice plot for Pokemon standards. Everything else is just an icing on the cake.
>>
File: It's finally over.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
It's finally over.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>26506556
>i need that +5 in stats to do anything
>not beating everything unevolved

casual
>>
>>26506518
Because Pokemon: Revenge of the Timecops was amazing.
>>
>>26506556
>Pokemon don't evolve until you beat the main game
Why is this shit always brought up?
>>
>>26506556
>Pokemon don't evolve until after you beat the game
wat r u casul?
>>
>>26506518
No humans
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>26506556
>They're not; they're boring, repetitive

If PMD are these things, then so are the mainline games. You play those don't you? At least PMD is actually interesting.

>Pokemon don't evolve until after you beat the game.

Who gives a shit?
>>
>>26506554
What franchise?
>>
>>26506556
>Pokemon
>Repetitive
I hope you are bluffing with such absurd falacy
>>
I just started PSMD out of deputation because I was bored waiting for Sun/Moon.

I feel like someone hacked Pokédex 3D Pro and used the models to make a fan game adaptation of a half baked Deviantart roleplaying session featuring talking Pokémon.

why can't I stop playing
>>
>>26507919
First it grips you by the balls, then it grips you by the heart.
>>
File: 324534.jpg (305 KB, 699x430) Image search: [Google]
324534.jpg
305 KB, 699x430
PMD does what the main games should do, make you care a lot for your pokefriends. Closest game to do this was HGSS. Not just because of them following behind you, but the interactions, and pokeathlon.

Also, the stories in these games are so much better and feels natural somehow, while in the main game, anything serious they try to set up feels incredibly forced, and presented in a way that makes you not care.

>B/W
>Removed pokemon following behind you
>Story is centered around "Stop holding pokemon captive!"
>Game does nothing but make the villian look good and 100% right

>ORAS
>Oh fuck this pokemon is about to go destroy the world
>but hold on let me battle these trainers real quick

This post became a lot more serious than I intended it to be.
>>
>>26507821
"Mystery Dungeon" you fucking retard. Its a huge series im Japan.
>>
>>26506518
I didn't expect much from the series when I first picked up Blue Rescue Team ages ago.

PMD: Sky is in my top 5 games of all time. They're great games, and surprisingly well written.
The only stinker was GTI, but I don't think I gave that one a fair shot.
>>
>>26506518
Rehashed and improved.
>>
>>26506741
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>26510252
>Removed pokemon following behind you

Right. It should have been completely optional, just like Pokémon-Amie.

>Story is centered around "Stop holding pokemon captive!"

But it was just propaganda from Team Plasma.

>Game does nothing but make the villian look good and 100% right.

But Team Plasma were explicitly made out to be hypocritical assholes and Ghetsis was an abusive megalomaniac who traumatized an autistic child.
>>
File: 1427687095497.jpg (20 KB, 243x240) Image search: [Google]
1427687095497.jpg
20 KB, 243x240
>>26506518
I tried to play Blue Rescue team but it was the most boring shit I've ever done, and your guys can't even evolve. Each dungeon is the same thing over and over with different environmental textures for flavor purposes only.

Are the other games good or are they all like this?
>>
>>26513455
>Pokemon
>canon
Nothing about Pokemon is canon. Games, anime, nothing. It's not even canon with itself.
>>
>>26506518
Good dungeon crawler.

>>26506556
>>26513445
>Can't evolve till later.
Never seen any reason as to why this is a bad thing.

>>26513445
>are they all like this?
Yes. Dungeon crawlers aren't for you.

>>26513455
Fuck outta here richard.
>>
>>26510279
Some of us dont live there you fucking retard, get over yourself
>>
>>26506518
>things like positioning and move utility actually matter in combat
>no boring human trainer bullshit
>actually well written characters and a fun story
>gets challenging enough to be interesting
Now if only they made something like this but with real time combat.
>>
>>26513952
But real time CAN'T be interesting, not in 3 dimensions. There is always a way to dodge. ALWAYS.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.