[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I started to re-wath indigo league, and all I can say is:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 480x480
Okay, I started to re-wath indigo league, and all I can say is:

Why am I not getting anything out of this? Did I have shit taste as a child or did my nostalgia blind me? I just can't seem to understand why people think this was good back then.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>26502747
It's all nostalgia. It's just as bad as kiddy shounen series are today.
>>
File: trans-pearl-footage-640x680.jpg (219 KB, 1024x668) Image search: [Google]
trans-pearl-footage-640x680.jpg
219 KB, 1024x668
>>26502772
bruh.
>>
Skip ahead to DP. Then stop when you get to BW.
>>
>>26502801
>Skipping Johto League, AG and Battle Frontier.
>>
>>26502747
100% nostalgia goggles, I can hardly go 5 minutes before I start riffing on it like a madman.
>>26502801
I grew up with the Pokémon anime, and DP is the point where I'd say the show started getting bad. Gen 3's anime wasn't too good because of 4Kids' editing/censoring and questionable dub quality, but it had its moments. DP just felt hollow and empty to me, like the show was just going through its motions. Ironically, DP is my favorite game gen.
>>
>>26502747
Nostalgia. Watch XY for good stuff instead.
>>
>>26502812
If he doesn't like the OS, I didn't think he'd like Johto. But yeah, starting at AG is okay.
>>
Nostalgiafaggotry aside, the dub was always a low budget, low quality production that people mostly like today because of nostalgic affection for the voices and acting.
>>
>>26502798
That was exactly what i was comparing it to. Haha.
>>
>>26502936

Yo-kai Watch has an average score on IMDB.
>>
>>26502747
I don't think you're missing anything. The same thing happened to me, I can't even get any enjoyment out of rewatching the movies, let alone the TV series. It's the most basic form of "monster of the week" show, with little to no development or direction. Maybe all it's charm is lost on me as an adult, but I don't know, the games sure never lost theirs. I feel that even back then, you watched it to see animated pokémon and nothing else.

>>26502857
>DP just felt hollow and empty to me, like the show was just going through its motions

That's how I felt about the actual games, funny enough. Pokémon never felt more stale.

As for the show itself, DP is where I stopped watching, although it wasn't due to any change in quality, I just got tired of following it. People who did watch it say it was one of the best ones, so I don't know.
>>
>>26502952
If pokemon came out today it would likely be comparably reviewed, honestly.
>>
File: 1456435887062.jpg (143 KB, 846x471) Image search: [Google]
1456435887062.jpg
143 KB, 846x471
>Electric Shock Showdown
>Battle Aboard the St. Anne
>Pokemon Shipwreck
>Ghost of Maiden's Peak
>The Punchy Pokemon
>Flame Pokemon-athon
>Sparks Fly for Magmemite
>Holy Matrimony

I found the first seasons to be more creative with how they would introduce new Pokemon in the show. The show got really dull when the writers got formulaic.
>look at this trainer and its Pokemon
>Pokemon has problem
>lets try to fix problem
>problem cant be fixed
>Team Rocket tries to steal Pokemon and Pikachu with Dr. Robotnik style robot usually based on a Pokemon or giant rubber gloves
>Pokemon of the week solves its own problem
>Pikachu thunderbolt
>Our heroes say goodbye to their new friends and make empty promises to see them again
>To be continued
>>
File: trans-pearl-footage-640x680.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
trans-pearl-footage-640x680.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
This guy was what made DP great.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.