[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how you do breeding right. How can Pokemon even compare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 616x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 616x768
This is how you do breeding right. How can Pokemon even compare?
>>
>>26501190
What MonHun is this?
>>
File: image.png (362 KB, 404x359) Image search: [Google]
image.png
362 KB, 404x359
>>26501207
Monster Hunter stories, a Pokemon-like MH spin-off that's being released in Japan in October this year.

It already has shit like monster riding, monster breeding, stealing eggs from wild wyverns confirmed.
>>
I dont understand this grid.
>>
>Kut-Ku can breed with Lagombi
How
Fucking how
>>
>>26501190

Okay, I think breeding a bird with a rabbit is fucking stupid, but on the other hand.

The idea of making horrifying MH crossbreeds excites me.
>>
>>26501215
Thanks,I hope this gets localized in the west.
>>
>>26501220
I'll just copy the translation from siliconera

On May 26, Monster Hunter Stories’ official twitter page released this image, describing how characteristics can be passed down from one Wyvern to another.

Each Wyvern has a 3×3 grid that is unique to it – that is to say, the arrangement of open slots varies between each Wyvern even if it is the same monster (THERE’S your motivation to collect more than just one of each!). These slots can be filled with tokens called “tether genes” (by no means an official translation of絆遺伝子) which, when lined up properly, will grant a Wyvern the ability to use the power imbued by those genes.

So, in this instance. Yian Kut-Ku can pass on one red tether gene to the same slot on Lagombi’s grid. Since that slot happens to be empty, Lagombi gains the tether gene, effectively lining up three, and awakening its ability to breathe fire.
>>
>>26501243
For those unfamiliar with MH series, Lagombi is normally an Ice element Fanged Beast and Yian Kut-Ku is a fire element Foying Wyvern.

Those "gene grids" are basically IV spreads taken up to eleven.
>>
>>26501243
ahh.
But is this actual breeding or just a way to pass on the genes? Like does this make a NEW Lagombi or does the yian kinda.... fuse with it.

But I do agree this is a need mechanic.
>>
>>26501270
It's 99% breeding, since Wyvern Eggs are confirmed to be in the game.
>>
File: wha.gif (2 MB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
wha.gif
2 MB, 400x278
>>26501289
But Lagombi doens't produce eggs, does it?
>>
>>26501317
Good question. But I don't see how you'd get your first Lagombi otherwise considering the main method of obtaining new monsters is stealing their eggs.
>>
Maybe this is the wrong thread for this question, but how do I get into Monster Hunter? I a bought MH4 Ultimate about a year ago and have been unable to play for more than a couple of hours. I think it's because the missions take too long. Also I hate that there's no HP bar for the monster I'm hunting.
>>
File: image.png (170 KB, 1500x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
170 KB, 1500x450
>>26501407
Battles take long if you're not dealing enough damage. Make sure to upgrade your weapons to highest possible level before hunting for a new monster. When you're on a mission and the weapon icon gets yellow or worse, polish the weapon with Whetstone to avoid bouncing off the monsters skin. If you're using a long range weapon like Bowgun, then make sure you're standing in a "sweet spot" that will ensure your shots deal maximum damage (you can look up gaijinhunter guides on YT for that). You might also want to look up the weak spots of the monsters you're hunting to help you kill shit faster (pic related as an example).

Also, some weapon types naturally kill monsters faster than the rest. A prime example would be the Great Sword, which can usually finish the battle in 5-10 minutes, depending on how good you are. But it's not a good weapon for beginners, since it's ridiculously slow and can open you to monster attacks if you're not careful.

Monster Hunter has a steep learning curve but it's very much worth it, so I recommend giving it a second chance.
>>
>>26501215
Shit, I didn't know I needed this in my life.
>>
>>26501407
If it's taking you too long to complete a mission,you're probably doing something wrong.Monster Hunter is all about analyzing the monster's move and taking advantage of the openings,treat it like a turn-based videogame.Learn your weapon and don't be too aggressive or you'll end up getting punished.Always remember the "Don't get hit,hit it until it dies" rule.
>>
>>26501317
well, lagombi could be like a platypus, a mammalian creature that lays eggs
>>
>>26501472
>>26501591
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll give it another shot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.