[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm new to pokemon in general, but I played leaf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, I'm new to pokemon in general, but I played leaf green the other day since I got it from a friend and I'm really liking it so far. Three of my friends are now pestering me to buy a gen VI game so we can battle together, and I'm planning to buy OR just to get the new megas and stuff. They told me that we could all battle together...and I found that interesting. Can you set up a four player battle? Is that a thing? (How would that even work? Each person has three pokemon or something?) Or will we have to take turns?
>>
>>26499895
Hey man,
You can do four player battles but it is like. Two v two. So you and a buddy would fight two other friends.
>>
>>26499909
And yes, each person has three Pokemon. Hope I helped.
>>
>>26499919
thanks bro! You think it's a good idea to get the hoenn remake, or should I just get X? I've been hearing really bad things about the remakes but they seem pretty good to me...then again I'm new and all, so I dunno
>>
>>26500085
the bad things come from underage people in /vp/ or "too much water" IGN. Not the best games out there, but definitely a lot of fun.
>>
>>26500085
Okay so, hoenn remakes are good if you want a lot of water routes and all the megas I suppose. Plus they basically give you like 20 legendaries post game.

X/Y is good because it gives you two sets of starters (Kalos and kanto) which can be good since you played fire red and can get the starters from there. The story is kinda deep but simplistic. Oras has better rivals though. X/Y are annoying.

Overall I'd probably go with X/Y I just like the feel of it better.
>>
>>26500085
Kind of late, but
The Hoenn remakes were a letdown because they didn't have things that were in emerald, and didn't add much that was interesting from the base games. But the region is pretty good, some of the new features are nice, and I've always kinda liked hoenn

However, as someone new to the series, XY would have newer pokemon during the main game. You can still obtain pokemon from XY in ORAS, but you might not be able to catch a bunch of them in your game, just like there's a bunch of pokemon you might not be able to catch in XY that you can in ORAS

Also, something to note is that ORAS has about 20 extra mega evolutions. If you're using XY and your friend is using ORAS, he won't be able to use those mega evolutions.

Honestly, there's reason to get both, and both regions are interesting. I'd suggest getting ORAS, but XY is fine too. If you ever hack your 3DS, or have a bunch of disposable income, you could get one of each. No real point in getting both versions, of course.

Also, sandshrew is cute. Nice image choice. Is that your favorite pokemon?
>>
>you'll never be this new and not be autistic about natures, IVs, EVs and abilities
>>
>>26500902
It's okay though, because those things are generally easy to deal with now ever since the density knot thing and power items

But it's still really nice to see when people get into pokemon, because it's cute and relaxing
>>
>>26500902
I miss my pre-gen IV innocence sometimes. I mean it would be so easy to ignore this stuff if I didn't want to but I know it's gonna be a thing if I ever play online and I end up doing it anyway.

>>26499895
And welcome to the club, OP! Sandshrew a best.

On XY vs ORAS, I want to say ORAS for a more complete range of Mega Stones and I generally like the extra touches to the visuals and animations compared to XY. Despite all the whining and disappointment the remakes are pretty solid in my eyes. I'd have liked the return of the Battle Frontier but meh. Seeing as you probably haven't played Emerald that won't mean as much to you so you should be fine!

XY was pretty decent too and also has FASHION, but it's looking like SM later in the year brings customization for trainers back as well. So if you're still playing Pokemon by November you might as well just wait for SM to come out as far as new games go imo.

Push comes to shove: Just find out which games your friends are playing and go with those ones. If the whole group is ORAS then definitely go for that.
>>
>>26500085
If you need one of these games for battling then absolutely get ORAS since it gives you access to all existing Megas.

If you're new to the series you won't give a shit about the things people around here are mad about anyway.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.