[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Mega. Prove me wrong. >Protip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Heracross-mega.gif (279 KB, 111x111) Image search: [Google]
Heracross-mega.gif
279 KB, 111x111
Best Mega. Prove me wrong.

>Protip: you can't
>>
>gets slower
>x4 weak to Flying and x2 weak to Fire in Bravest Bird the meta
>>
>>26495148
to be fair, it already had those weaknesses before its mega
>>
It literally looks a mess
>>
>>26495126
It looks like shit.
This alone disqualifies it.
>>
It looks completely pants on head retarded
>>
File: sAw8GrA.png (98 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
sAw8GrA.png
98 KB, 400x240
I wish they put more emphasis on it's gatling gun animation(it doesn't even show up on the moves benefited by Skill Link). Hopefully S/M would redo some old animations in conjunction with the moves.
>>
>>26496224
This makes it only slightly less bad. I never knew about that animation, but I still really dislike M-heracross's design. I really liked most of the new mons and plenty of the megas, but damn do I not like this one.
>>
>>26495126
Mega Fug
>>
The only problem with the design is that weird vent thing on it's stomach. What is it's purpose?
>>
>>26497099
Gattling guns overheat. gotta vent that heat
>>
Why Skill Link? That's something that could have been for a future mega like Cloyster or Minccino.
Why not Guts?
>>
>>26497124
Vanilla Heracross would be a better guts abuser anyway with better speed tier and easier status access with the orbs. Skill Link makes Megacross a more reliable attacker dedicated to destroy walls and sub users
>>
>>26495148
Talonflame can't switch on Heracross though.
>>
File: You serious.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
You serious.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>MFW I found out M-Heracross has the second highest Attack of any pokemon
>Second only to Mewtwo X and stronger than Both Primals, Mega Rayquaza, and even Attack Deoxys

So I take it the only thing that was holding it back was the abundance of Flying type buffs this generation?
>>
>>26497515
Its a great late game sweeper with sticky web, or tailwind since it gets amazing coverage and already massive attack.
>>
>>26495126
But that's not Beedrill or Alakazam
>>
>>26497515
The only thing holding it back was Arm Thrust being dogshit. Its also not very fast.

but fun fact:
Heracross gained I think 60 Attack, 40 defense, and lost 10 speed for 10 Sp. Def. basically it gained the ENTIRE MEGA BOOST to only 2 stats, which is pretty fucking ridiculous. Same with Mewtwo-X actually. No gains to almost anything but its Attack stat.
>>
>>26497515
Just it's Bug typing and Fairy hold it back, Fire and Flying can't switch in because of Rock Blast and only a few Psychic can switch in on any neutral attack, other than that it's pretty easy to take it down after sacrificing a teammate.
>>
>>26497515
The only thing holding it back is its terrible speed and plethora of weaknesses.
>>
>Heracross is hot shit
>Meanwhile the OG bugman Pinsir only has a slightly higher Attack than Salamence and a few more tricky moves, but it's bulk is shit
Suffering
>>
>>26497565
Close combat is better anyways.
>>
>>26497632
If pinsir had 110 speed and leaf blade it would be one of the strongest mons in the meta
>>
File: mega-sceptile1.jpg (949 KB, 2977x2125) Image search: [Google]
mega-sceptile1.jpg
949 KB, 2977x2125
Protip: i can
>>
>>26497633
If Arm Thrust had 25 BP it would be more preferable over CC.
>>
>>26497661
Mega Sceptile is one terrible mega that changed nothing, they should have given it a huge boost to Attack instead of Special Attack to make use of that sweet physical movepool.
>>
>mfw everyone was laughing their ass off at Pinsir before we found out what Aerilate actually did
>mfw the aftermath

If Pinsir doesn't get to be fighting type, no pokemon does.
>>
>>26497713
i meant designwise
>>
>>26495126
it is wearing a fucking diaper
>>
>>26497897
>>>/deviantart/
>>
File: 39539429_p0_master1200.jpg (106 KB, 785x687) Image search: [Google]
39539429_p0_master1200.jpg
106 KB, 785x687
>>26497565
look at m-beedrill and cry me a river
>>
>>26497661
Designwise M-Sceptile might be the best

Gameplay wise he's pretty shit but I'm not a smogonfag so who cares?
>>
>>26497565
Megas should be min-maxed because they are supposed to make the Pokémon stronger. Garde and Zam do not need attack, nor does heracross need sp atk
>>
>>26495126
>reminding me that this existed
why would you do that?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.